DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 525
1 members and 524 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Triumph

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 7, 2004, 05:12 PM

Friend of mine is picking one up this week. It is a leftover with 1 mile on the odometer (which he just put on it test riding). Just wondering if anyone has any impressions of this bike, as I know nothing about it. Any issues to be aware of? Any good mods that people have done to make it more enjoyable/livable/fast? Don't think he's looking to rail on the thing, just to use it for fun/chilling/cruising.

Is this really only the 6th thread in the Triumph section?

And Travis, if you read this, was your old bike a Daytona 995i? What year? I know you liked it and railed on that thing (relative to me anyway ) Any problems?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#2)
Pleased to meet me

July 7, 2004, 06:40 PM

I road the Speed Triple a few years back. Same motor-nice bike. I think they had some FI problems early on but they were resolved by 02. I'd get the Triumph carbon fiber can and leave the rest alone. No silly badges on the pipe and it mounts really high.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
anything with two wheels

July 7, 2004, 10:32 PM

haven't ridden the 02 but I do own a 98 T595 (same thing but with a lot more improvments). These bikes are solid, albeit a bit on the porky side. You'll never notice the weight on public roads but you will on the race track where theres quick transitions. This bike is not a race replica but a street sportbike. It is absolutly stable at speeds and holds a true line in gusty wind conditions. That may be the European setup as I hear similar expressions about ducati's and aprilia. This bike has never broke down and runs as good with 19k miles as it did with 7k. I think the triple is hands down the best sounding bike (I have a full Akropovic Stainless/Ti exhust). Not the lumpy fart like sound of a V twin or the whine of an inline 4. Deep and snarling, very nice. I personally run a Michelin 180 on the back instead of a 190, I think it handles better (quicker).

All good right, not so. Obtaining parts is a royal pain in my ass. You must go to Clinton cycle in MD. I almost always make the call to Jack Lilley. http://www.jacklilley.com/newcart/ in metty ole England. I spend less hard earned dollars calling an shipping then going to Clinton Cycles. Dealing with Jack Lilley is like a fine set of breast, allways good, or maybe that a fine wine, whatever! You can also go to Winchester Cycle, I here their OK but I have never been there.

Ive seen some pretty trick 955's out there so if they like to mod they can really make it trick. The single sided swing arm is a nice touch.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to 2wheelin  
Unread
  (#4)
Licensed Rider

July 7, 2004, 11:30 PM

was the 02 single sided.its an 02 leftover or 03.....I think it changed but it probally was in 03....The bikes are great. Yes they don't have the best FI system and don't think they have fixed them too much. My best friend had an 01 and enjoyed it, but he enjoyed his speed triple better. Resale value on them suck though. He had a hard time selling his and ended up practically giving it away.

Mods.....Underseat exhaust looks sweet on those bikes especialy with the three pipes. Parts are expensive but can be found. Triumph has a plant in GA.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Got my Permit

July 8, 2004, 06:39 AM

Nunya, What's up with all the language, and what purpose does it serve?
I thought this would be a cleaner site than most
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to boatdr