DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
1 members and 512 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Triumph

LinkBack Thread Tools
Check Engine Light
Unread
  (#1)
F4iGuy

Check Engine Light - October 11, 2007, 07:08 PM

One of my co-workers has been telling me about how right at 20,000 miles, his 2001 Triumph TT600's engine light came on. The bike still runs great but he needs to know what to do to shut it off so that he can sell it. At the 12,000 mile checkup he was charged over $800 and he's desperately trying to avoid that again.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Fun Lover or lover of fun

October 11, 2007, 07:41 PM

gonna need a code reader, or disconnect battery and try that

R.I.P. Eric. You were truly like a younger brother to me. May you live on in all those you helped and reached out to help. You are truly missed!

tfinch: well, actually, if he did, that's fine cause it's in the pockets!
tfinch
: Mike, can you feel bubbles floating around in there?

tfinch: Bubbles! Yes! Gurgly bubbles!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Timultuous  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

October 11, 2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsoncu
One of my co-workers has been telling me about how right at 20,000 miles, his 2001 Triumph TT600's engine light came on. The bike still runs great but he needs to know what to do to shut it off so that he can sell it. At the 12,000 mile checkup he was charged over $800 and he's desperately trying to avoid that again.
12k's are expensive if you have the dealer do it all. Most of the stuff they charge you for is checks.

Has he checked the battery cables and voltage?

I think the TT600 has a Sagem ECM. To reset it simply start the engine without any throttle input. Do not touch anything. let the bike idle until the cooling fan cycles. That should reset the ECM. If the light stays on he will have to get it scanned, that should not cost more than an hour.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
F4iGuy

October 12, 2007, 10:04 PM

He tried disconnecting the battery for several hours but the light still comes on when started. He's going to try running it a little while and see if the ECM resets however is unable to start it without throttle input. I personally thought this to be strange for a fuel injection system.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

May 6, 2008, 08:57 AM

go and get a good obd scanner, it's prob just a hose. after diconnecting the battery you should give it three heat cycles and then see if the light goes out. good luck!
  Send a message via AIM to