DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
1 members and 518 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Triumph

LinkBack Thread Tools
D675 exhaust options?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

D675 exhaust options? - April 2, 2007, 11:40 AM

I went to Clinton Cycles over the weekend for the Triumph Open House. The goal was to drive the D675 and the Sprint ST. I got on the 675. Iím happy about that because itís about impossible to find a demo 675. I can take the Sprint another day. I turned the bike on and only knew it was on because of the tac and the lights on the nifty console. The sound was practically non-existent. They took us for a nice ride around the way. It felt really easy to turn/control. I didnít even really get in to the power. I think the most I punched it was to 8k. Still, the pace was brisk considering the roads we were on. The chair is a rock Ė a slippery rock at that. Coming from a monster, the lean on your wrists is immense. The breaks are abrupt and the front suspension is soft. That made it seem hard to keep my butt planted on a serious stop. I hear there are some pads you can put on the side of the tank that add some grip. And thereís a gel seat out there too.

Anyone know if anyone is adjusting or replacing the front suspension to avoid the uncomfortable feeling of going over the bars during breaking?

Of course, someone showed up on a 1098. The bike is bad and evil. Most obviously, the exhaust is really nice on a 1098. But itís a Duc. Iím scared of Duc general problems. Itís also about twice the price. But it got me to thinking about exhaust options. Is there a system out there that significantly increases the volume on a D675? It doesnít have to make it loud like my Monster but loud enough so that people can hear that youíve got the engine on when youíre parked next to them at a stop light. Know what I mean?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

April 2, 2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter
I went to Clinton Cycles over the weekend for the Triumph Open House. The goal was to drive the D675 and the Sprint ST. I got on the 675. Iím happy about that because itís about impossible to find a demo 675. I can take the Sprint another day. I turned the bike on and only knew it was on because of the tac and the lights on the nifty console. The sound was practically non-existent. They took us for a nice ride around the way. It felt really easy to turn/control. I didnít even really get in to the power. I think the most I punched it was to 8k. Still, the pace was brisk considering the roads we were on. The chair is a rock Ė a slippery rock at that. Coming from a monster, the lean on your wrists is immense. The breaks are abrupt and the front suspension is soft. That made it seem hard to keep my butt planted on a serious stop. I hear there are some pads you can put on the side of the tank that add some grip. And thereís a gel seat out there too.

Anyone know if anyone is adjusting or replacing the front suspension to avoid the uncomfortable feeling of going over the bars during breaking?

Of course, someone showed up on a 1098. The bike is bad and evil. Most obviously, the exhaust is really nice on a 1098. But itís a Duc. Iím scared of Duc general problems. Itís also about twice the price. But it got me to thinking about exhaust options. Is there a system out there that significantly increases the volume on a D675? It doesnít have to make it loud like my Monster but loud enough so that people can hear that youíve got the engine on when youíre parked next to them at a stop light. Know what I mean?
There are a few. The forks are fully adjustable, you should be abel to stiffen them.

I think you should ride the ST. It may be bigger, heavier and not as fast but it is much more comfortable.
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

April 2, 2007, 03:32 PM

I'm giong to ride the ST. The majority of my rides are 30 minutes or less. That said, once or twice a year I might take a real trip for a few hours. In that instance, I'm sure the ST is the way to go. But for the rest of the time I think the Daytona is a better option. The ST feels like more of a bear to handle in the city. But heck, I'll try it out before I throw the money down. I could see how a bike might feel plenty nimble once you got it moving.
Unread
  (#4)
ATTN INVESTORS!

April 2, 2007, 03:43 PM

Front suspension should be adjustable but I don't know how much it will help.

Arrow makes an exhaust for the 675, I think. If you have Triumph specific questions, there are only a few riders on this site. May want to check out triumphrat.net or something.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

April 17, 2007, 08:33 PM

there are plenty of exhaust options out there for the 675.arrow makes a full ti system and a slip on,leo vance makes a slip on,two bros. makes an m2 and m5 slip on,jardine makes a dual outlet slip on,yosh makes an rs5 slip on,and triumph makes the tor slip on.there are a few more and some "in the works" like akra.

if you want it loud and mean the jardine is prob the best bang for the buck right now.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

April 17, 2007, 11:11 PM

I mostly want to know it's on after I hit the starter It's weird coming from a Duc!
Unread
  (#7)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

July 6, 2007, 06:36 PM

Well I have the TOR. its a bit louder but not obnoxious. based on my butt dyno it added just a bit more low end grunt. It comes out of the corners just a little bit stronger. Of course it has the TOR fuel map.
Unread
  (#8)
It's a Triumph thing...

July 6, 2007, 08:04 PM

I just got done installing the Leo Vince on mine. Sounds pretty good; loude than the TOR. The jardine is the loudest with the two brothers in second. Reason I went with the LV is it let's you use the stock license plate and turn signals. The jardine and two bros come with their own fender eliminators.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

July 10, 2007, 10:11 AM

I like how the Jardine sounded on youtube. Which Leo Vince did you get? Have you seen the Ixil? That one looks the best.
Unread
  (#10)
It's a Triumph thing...

July 10, 2007, 10:33 AM

I went with the Leo Vince SBK aluminum. I like the sound of the Jardine, but I'm just not paying that much for an exhaust.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

July 10, 2007, 12:05 PM

What's the price difference?
Unread
  (#12)
It's a Triumph thing...

July 10, 2007, 12:19 PM

About $300. $650 vs $350.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

July 10, 2007, 04:36 PM

Why's it so much more expensive?
Unread
  (#14)
It is what it is!

August 6, 2007, 04:17 PM

Hay guys!

I'm new to the board and have a Red 675!

If you CK out triumph675.net you will find alot of options for a after market Exhaust.

Some reduce weight by 10 pounds and add about 5hp.

Anyway, if you guys ever want to get a 675 ride together PM me!

Tornado!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tornado675  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

August 7, 2007, 09:00 AM

From what I gather the next closest TR is in Frederick. Mine is in downtown Baltimore