DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 514
1 members and 513 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Triumph

LinkBack Thread Tools
Triumph Open House @ Clinton Cycles -- Mar 7-10
Unread
  (#1)
ATTN INVESTORS!

Triumph Open House @ Clinton Cycles -- Mar 7-10 - March 1, 2007, 11:06 AM

from clinton cycles website (www.clintoncycles.com)

Events Calendar
function PopupPhoto(sPath, sExtra) { window.open("Popup/pop_Photo.cfm?Path=" + sPath + "&Extra=" + sExtra, "", "scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,left=50,top=50,width =400,height=450");}March 7 - 10, 2007: BIKE WEEK FOR THE REST OF US BY TRIUMPH AND CLINTON CYCLES
DID YOU KNOW THAT TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES IS THE FASTEST GROWING BRAND IN THE UNITED STATES FOR 2 YEARS RUNNING NOW !!!...WELL TO CELEBRATE THIS AND INTRODUCE THE ALL NEW 2007 MODEL LINEUP, TRIUMPH USA AND CLINTON CYCLES ARE PUTTING ON A 4 DAY OPEN HOUSE FROM MARCH 7 THROUGH MARCH 10,2007 HERE AT CLINTON CYCLES IN CAMP SPRINGS,MD. WE'LL HAVE SPECIAL SALES AND DEMO RIDES AND AN AWESOME STAFF TO TELL YOU OF ALL THE NEW CHANGES TO AMERICAS FASTEST GROWING BRAND !...COME SEE THE ALL NEW SPRINT ST MODELS WITH AND WITHOUT ABS, THE NEW TIGER 1050, THE WORLD'S FAVORITE HOOLIGAN BIKE THE SPEED TRIPLE 1050!, DAYTONA 675 MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION IN 23 COUNTRIES AND THE SWEET LINE OF CLASSICS WITH NEWER MORE POWERFUL MOTORS AND COLORS. YOU'LL ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THE NEW COOL TRIUMPH BRAND OF CLOTHING..STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD !!! AND THE AWESOME LINE UP OF NEW ACCESSORIES TO PERSONALIZE AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRIUMPH. YOU'LL ALSO WANT TO MAKE PLANS FOR A VERY SPECIAL EVENT TO HAPPEN RIGHT HERE AT CLINTON CYCLES LATER ON IN THE MONTH OF MARCH...THAT BEING THE NATIONAL TRIUMPH DEMO FLEET AND TRUCK WILL BE HERE ON THE PREMISES MARCH 30,31, 2007... FACTORY TRIUMPH PERSONNELL WILL BE ON HAND TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND THE NATIONAL DEMO FLEET WILL BE HERE FOR YOU TO RIDE...YES YOU CAN RIDE THEM ALL !!!!...THIS WILL GO ON FOR 2 DAYS TO ALSO COINCIDE WITH OUR SPRING OPEN HOUSE...SO COME ON OUT THIS WEEKEND AS WELL FOR OUR OPEN HOUSE, THE TRIUMPH DEMO FLEET AND TRUCK, GREAT FOOD, LIVE MUSIC AND AWESOME SALES !!!!! WE'LL SEE YA' THERE ! THE STAFF AT CLINTON CYCLES

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#2)
You betcha

March 9, 2007, 01:34 PM

anyone goin?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yellowsv  
Unread
  (#3)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 9, 2007, 01:43 PM

I would but I got fam out west I gotta get up with on Sat.

If you show up early (10am), you should be able to get your name on the list for anything you want to demo. Not a huge Triumph following around here so you might be able to demo more than one bike. The last Clinton Cycles open house I went to I was able to ride 3 bikes. Speed Triple, Thruxton and Tiger.

Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

March 9, 2007, 01:53 PM

I'll probably be there tomorrow to try out the Speed Triple. Actually as many bikes as I can, but that'll be the first.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
You betcha

March 9, 2007, 01:59 PM

does anyone know what time they open, because if i go all the way out there from va i want to test ride a (some) bike(s). Also are there any restrictions on who can demo a bike? ie age
Unread
  (#6)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 9, 2007, 02:00 PM

Just take it easy...the speed triple is a far meaner animal than your GS. Even compared to my triple it was bonkers. Enjoy the ride.

Unread
  (#7)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 9, 2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsv
does anyone know what time they open, because if i go all the way out there from va i want to test ride a (some) bike(s). Also are there any restrictions on who can demo a bike? ie age

They open at 10am. If you get there when they open, you shouldn't have any problems at all getting on a bike. Keep in mind that they may not have every model available for demo though. I've never been able to ride a Rocket III or Daytona 675.

I don't think there is an age limit to demo...but you have to have your M endorsement on your license.

Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

March 9, 2007, 02:09 PM

Yeah, I'll definately go easy - I'll be too busy trying not to piss myself thinking about more than 45 (very generously speaking) HP at my disposal. Thanks for the advice

By the way, how do these demo rides work anyway? Do they just take your info and hand you the keys, or is there a predetermined route or something?

yellowsv - they open at 10am. I'm not sure about the age thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of restriction, kinda like rental cars... Try giving them a call: 301 449 5900

edit...wow I'm slow
Unread
  (#9)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 9, 2007, 02:17 PM

You go out in groups. Someone from the dealership will lead. Its not too long, its only a few mile loop or so. If you were seriously considering a purchase, they'd probably give you more seat time.

Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

March 9, 2007, 02:29 PM

Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.
Unread
  (#11)
You betcha

March 9, 2007, 02:52 PM

I just called them and they didnt say they had any age restrictions, and she said there will be a speed triple to demo, but they don't know about the 675 yet. But at the open house at the end of the month there will be demo 675's.
Unread
  (#12)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 12, 2007, 10:41 AM

Did anyone check this out? How was it?

Unread
  (#13)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

March 12, 2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoniz
Did anyone check this out? How was it?
yeah what he said

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

March 12, 2007, 03:05 PM

I was up there for a while Saturday, it was ok. I showed up a little after 10 just in case there was a list I needed to get on, but the place was empty. It took them almost two hours to get the bikes ready to demo (I'm not sure why they weren't up and running already since they'd supposedly been doing this since Wednesday).

Anyway, I rode a Speed Triple, a Tiger, and a Daytona 675. All these bikes were so much more powerful than my 500 it's not even funny.

Maybe it's because I'm just not used to the seating position, but I wasn't a big fan of the 675. I think I'd have liked it better had I been able to open it up a little more. The Tiger was nice, but I'm definitely not used to sitting up that high, it almost got me in trouble once... The Speed Triple was amazing. I guess I liked that I was already comfortable with the seating position, but it felt as though it fit me like a glove. It was the first one I got to demo, and the fact that it has more than three times the HP of my bike had me a little worried, but once I got it on the road, it felt almost natural. If I had $10k to burn, I'd be riding one today.

All in all, it was cool talking to folks up there and seeing what it's like having more than 40HP available to me.
Unread
  (#15)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 12, 2007, 03:12 PM

Right on. The Speed Triple is really nice. Tiger isn't my style either.

Everyone talks about not liking the seating on the 675. I'm going to have to get out on one and see whats up.