DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 503
1 members and 502 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Triumph

LinkBack Thread Tools
Triumph's new adventure bikes
Unread
  (#1)
Eddie would go ...

Triumph's new adventure bikes - September 1, 2010, 01:51 PM

Probably the new Tigers running the two displacement triples

MS fighter? I don't think Ducati is worried..., then again...those triples rock

sneak peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

September 9, 2010, 11:43 PM

I saw the tigers in the Triumph dealership and was not that impressed with it after experiencing the new MS1200. Don't know much about Triumphs but they seem to be a little overpriced for what they offer.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
SUPERBITCHIN'

September 10, 2010, 06:43 AM

interesting

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#4)
Eddie would go ...

September 10, 2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
I saw the tigers in the Triumph dealership and was not that impressed with it after experiencing the new MS1200. Don't know much about Triumphs but they seem to be a little overpriced for what they offer.

these would be the new Tigers, not the ones you saw. One will be an 800. US release event this October...guess who got an invite.

Also spotted is a new 1200 Dual/Adv - that would be more likely to go against the MS...

Quote:
Unread
  (#5)
Slappa Da Baseeee , Mon'

September 10, 2010, 08:05 AM

yeh, as of now the ms1200 has my vote, put some mild offroad tires on it and have a ball

-Phill-

2002 RC51-Ask and i will tell
1977 Harley-Davidson FLH (gettin a face lift)
2006 cbr1000rr-(sold)
2000 929- (sold)
2002 R1- (sold)

chumchum: my front is stiff and my rear is lose

#452-LE: I feel like jelly....... cauz jam dont shake like this!!

----------Alexandria, Va----------
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to blushin  
Unread
  (#6)
SUPERBITCHIN'

September 10, 2010, 08:08 AM

I like the super tenere

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#7)
Eddie would go ...

September 10, 2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushin View Post
yeh, as of now the ms1200 has my vote, put some mild offroad tires on it and have a ball
it may have your vote, but also your extra 6 grand or so

Quote:
Unread
  (#8)
Have Bikes - Will Travel

September 10, 2010, 10:38 AM

IIRC There's going to be two 800 versions a street version and an Adventure Tourer model. They'll be competing head to head with the BMW F800GS.

I don't think Triumph is really concerned about the fugly duckling.

BMW though is going to get it's ass handed to it by the Super Tenere and the new 800 Tigers.

Ill believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
http://www.twowheelsgood.net

Last edited by Rafale; September 10, 2010 at 10:42 AM..
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

September 10, 2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {SALVA} View Post
I like the super tenere
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

September 10, 2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughtwg View Post
IIRC There's going to be two 800 versions a street version and an Adventure Tourer model. They'll be competing head to head with the BMW F800GS.

I don't think Triumph is really concerned about the fugly duckling.

BMW though is going to get it's ass handed to it by the Super Tenere and the new 800 Tigers.
The F800GS is a capable ride. I enjoyed it very much. The F800ST is light, narrow and can be low to the ground. I found the suspension to be weak and the motor is just ok.
Unread
  (#11)
Groping is a skill...

September 10, 2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
these would be the new Tigers, not the ones you saw. One will be an 800. US release event this October...guess who got an invite.

Also spotted is a new 1200 Dual/Adv - that would be more likely to go against the MS...
Ah, I see. I hope they don't price them like the old tigers though. You can get the MS1200 for 15K base model. Yeah the S is the one to get though and it demands a premium

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

September 10, 2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Ah, I see. I hope they don't price them like the old tigers though. You can get the MS1200 for 15K base model. Yeah the S is the one to get though and it demands a premium
Ok, that's about the 4th time I have read that you believe Triumphs are over priced. The current Tiger 1050 is $11,999 including the saddle bags. To get saddle bags on a Multi you have to buy a nearly $20000 S. A D675 is cheaper than an R6 and won a Master Bike Competition. The Sprint ST was priced within a few hundred of a VFR but included saddle bags and had more factory available accessories. The Sprint GT is priced over $3000 less than a VFR. It may be lacking 50hp but it comes with the saddle bags, an option that Honda cannot even get to market. BTW, when other MC companies have been losing business Triumph has increased it sales.

If price is so important than why a KTM? We can compare repair bills when you get over 70k on it
Unread
  (#13)
Groping is a skill...

September 10, 2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space View Post
Ok, that's about the 4th time I have read that you believe Triumphs are over priced. The current Tiger 1050 is $11,999 including the saddle bags. To get saddle bags on a Multi you have to buy a nearly $20000 S. A D675 is cheaper than an R6 and won a Master Bike Competition. The Sprint ST was priced within a few hundred of a VFR but included saddle bags and had more factory available accessories. The Sprint GT is priced over $3000 less than a VFR. It may be lacking 50hp but it comes with the saddle bags, an option that Honda cannot even get to market. BTW, when other MC companies have been losing business Triumph has increased it sales.

If price is so important than why a KTM? We can compare repair bills when you get over 70k on it
Well considering the KTM you're talking about is a very rare bike. It is selling for $8K under its MSRP, only has 1200 miles on it, and never been titled which gives me full warranty from KTM. How do you come to the conclusion that it will cost an arm and a leg to maintain? Do you have ANY proof of this? The only person on our forums that has had a bad experience with is Chris and he doesn't seem to have had good luck with his SuperDuke.

Also...

- Never said Triumph made bad motorcycles, I just said they overprice them and mainly I look at the speedtriple. Really? 12K for a naked bike that only produces 128bhp and weighs in at nearly 500lbs wet? I'm sorry but I'll take the RC8 at $12K OTD.

- You can get the saddle bags for a MS seperately and just add it on to the base model. Granted it will still be $3K more than the Tiger. But did you really just compare the MS1200 to the Tiger? I think its a great bike if you're on a budget but its no MS, I'm sorry. If I'm going to pay $13,399MSRP (1050 SE) for a 500+ lbs bike with only 111bhp, I'll wait a year for some idiot to sell their MS after only putting 2K miles on it on the cheap.

- I do agree that the VFR is way overpriced and that I would take the Sprint GT over it. No arguments there.

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

September 10, 2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Well considering the KTM you're talking about is a very rare bike. It is selling for $8K under its MSRP, only has 1200 miles on it, and never been titled which gives me full warranty from KTM. How do you come to the conclusion that it will cost an arm and a leg to maintain? Do you have ANY proof of this? The only person on our forums that has had a bad experience with is Chris and he doesn't seem to have had good luck with his SuperDuke.

Also...

- Never said Triumph made bad motorcycles, I just said they overprice them and mainly I look at the speedtriple. Really? 12K for a naked bike that only produces 128bhp and weighs in at nearly 500lbs wet? I'm sorry but I'll take the RC8 at $12K OTD.

- You can get the saddle bags for a MS seperately and just add it on to the base model. Granted it will still be $3K more than the Tiger. But did you really just compare the MS1200 to the Tiger? I think its a great bike if you're on a budget but its no MS, I'm sorry. If I'm going to pay $13,399MSRP (1050 SE) for a 500+ lbs bike with only 111bhp, I'll wait a year for some idiot to sell their MS after only putting 2K miles on it on the cheap.

- I do agree that the VFR is way overpriced and that I would take the Sprint GT over it. No arguments there.
What has rare got to do with bang for your buck? I'm seriously confused by the duality of your argument. One one hand you want to compare features and HP per dollar. But when it comes to a bike YOU'RE interested in the only thing that matters is that it's rare.

As to KTMs issues with their streetbikes. Give 'Dillo a shout on dotcom. He's a KTM mechanic and might be able to offer you some useful insight. There does seem to be a lot of niggling issues that make for a lot of down time. I know of two Superduke riders that have had more than their share of shop time on another board.

I like KTM street bikes. But if I were to buy one I wouldn't try to sell anyone on the idea it was a practical purchase.
Unread
  (#15)
Groping is a skill...

September 10, 2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
What has rare got to do with bang for your buck? I'm seriously confused by the duality of your argument. One one hand you want to compare features and HP per dollar. But when it comes to a bike YOU'RE interested in the only thing that matters is that it's rare.

As to KTMs issues with their streetbikes. Give 'Dillo a shout on dotcom. He's a KTM mechanic and might be able to offer you some useful insight. There does seem to be a lot of niggling issues that make for a lot of down time. I know of two Superduke riders that have had more than their share of shop time on another board.

I like KTM street bikes. But if I were to buy one I wouldn't try to sell anyone on the idea it was a practical purchase.
What part of only 1200 miles, full warranty, and $12K OTD did I fail to mention? Having it be rare is just a side note. The fact that it has 150bhp and nearly 90ft lbs and weighs as much as a modern 600 make you feel better and my argument more valid? I never claimed it was practical bike so I don't know where that comes in either.

Again, the only problem I seem to hear are from SuperDukes. Show me issues with the RC8 and I'll seriously look into it. The only issue I have heard of so far was the false neutral but that was a per case issue. Besides that I haven't been able to find anything.

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -