DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 602
4 members and 598 guests
davidcycle, legendindisguise, Nobrains, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Yamaha

LinkBack Thread Tools
2007 R6 Dealer's Invoice -- Great Info for Negotiating
Unread
  (#1)
Let's not talk politics.

2007 R6 Dealer's Invoice -- Great Info for Negotiating - June 5, 2007, 07:31 PM

Here is the dealer's invoice price and other info for the '07 R6. I had to pay a few bucks for this info from a service, so I figured I'd share it with everyone.

Dealer Invoice Report 2007 YZF-R6

List Price:
$9399 Charcoal Silver or Candy Red
List Price: $9299 Yamaha Blue

Dealer Invoice:
$8017 Charcoal Silver or Candy Red
Dealer Invoice: $7934 Yamaha Blue

Dealer invoice price includes $216 freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.

Assembly Cost: $50 per Yamaha pricesheet

Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.

There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.

Ready to sell cost:
$8067 Charcoal Silver or Candy Red
Ready to sell cost: $7984 Yamaha Blue

This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback. This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.

Wholesale Incentives: none for this model

Retail Incentives: none for this model

The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.

Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to R6G8R Send a message via Skype™ to R6G8R 
Unread
  (#2)
Taking 1 Day At A Time...

June 5, 2007, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the insight. May I ask what service that you use to get this information. I am looking into other bikes and might want to look into this for future reference. I can imagine the looks on the sales guy when you walk in knowing this information. Wonder if they will cut you any slack or think that you are guessing.

2003 Yamaha R1: Street - Current
1971 Norton: Street - Current
1990 Suzuki GSX-R 1100: Track - Sold
1989 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Track - Sold

"Our Country is that spot which our heart is bound."

"When you are hungry, it is foolish to hunt a tiger when there are plenty of sheep to be had."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Kasper Send a message via AIM to Kasper  
Unread
  (#3)
Let's not talk politics.

Talking June 5, 2007, 08:45 PM

Check out my blog entry for more info. It costs $14 for each report. If you look up other bikes, share your info here. We might be able to get the moderators to turn the post into a sticky since it is so useful.

Last edited by R6G8R; June 6, 2007 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Wrong link
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to R6G8R Send a message via Skype™ to R6G8R 
Unread
  (#4)
God Made Me Wrong

June 6, 2007, 03:51 PM

Endlessly entertaining.

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#5)
singin sweet home alabama

June 6, 2007, 03:58 PM

Could you really call that "profit", I mean the dealer still has to cover employee & building costs etc.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#6)
Retired to most ...

June 6, 2007, 09:48 PM

Ahhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahha

I love internet buyers ..... it's on the interweb so the shit must be true. There are holes big enough in the infor you posted to fit those bikes through side by side.

Good luck getting a dealer to even read that crap let alone let you use it as a basis to"negotiate" from.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#7)
Let's not talk politics.

June 6, 2007, 09:57 PM

Obviously, JohnnySpeed doensn't think the site that wrote the information knows what they are talking about.

Johnny, instead of just bashing the info, could you explain what the "holes" are? I'm going to be buying a bike soon and just want to know if sport bike prices are negotiable, what would be a reasonable price to pay, etc.

Help a brother out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954
Ahhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahha

I love internet buyers ..... it's on the interweb so the shit must be true. There are holes big enough in the infor you posted to fit those bikes through side by side.

Good luck getting a dealer to even read that crap let alone let you use it as a basis to"negotiate" from.

Unread
  (#8)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 6, 2007, 10:07 PM

So I guess they only do this with bikes huh Johnny? How long has internet car buying been going on???? I have gotten my best deals on both my trucks over the web at local dealerships than in person. Don't just bash this guy for trying!!! Show us why you laugh at this!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you could shed some light on for others.. Don't just bash and run!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Far from a rookie!!!!!

June 6, 2007, 10:35 PM

mmmmmm....sweet info nice looking out 4 family

James

Joe Rocket Whore

Why your man acting like secret service??? I'm going to get you alone and get my secret serviced!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boogie_gsxr26 Send a message via AIM to boogie_gsxr26  
Unread
  (#10)
singin sweet home alabama

June 6, 2007, 11:30 PM

You can get a new R6 for $8399 OTD and that's about the lowest the dealer will go. In the end - dealers rarely negotiate in my experience. You ask their best price, they give it, and if you don't like it you go elsewhere because odds are they will get that price from someone else - especially in urban areas. The best deals are to be found in rural areas.

I would like to know your criticisms though Johnny. Didn't you used to be a sales guy at one of the dealers? A couple of friends of mine also worked at a dealer in MS, and they would have a "lowest price" they could sell a bike that was determined by the owner. But selling a bike for less than they otherwise could was tantamount to shooting themselves in the foot.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; June 6, 2007 at 11:33 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#11)
Que se jodan!!

June 7, 2007, 07:54 AM

Bash and run!

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#12)
Yep, it's purple

June 27, 2007, 03:30 PM

So where is the best dealership to buy from in the DC area for the lowest price? So far I have found that Ellicott City has R6s "on sale" for $8,500. I have been making a few phone calls. Just not sure as to whats the best way to get the best price without visiting each and every dealership...
Unread
  (#13)
BLUBYU

July 2, 2007, 11:19 AM

I got mine from Loudoun motorsports in leesburg for $8k. They had a big sale but i'm sure you can still get it for that.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnJohn  
Unread
  (#14)
How do I drag a knee?

July 2, 2007, 02:11 PM

Its all about supply and demand of course. If you can wait till the cold months you can get one for 8K + tax and title. I bought mine in may in 06 when they just changed the bike up and I couldnt find a dealer to sell it to me less than full retail + their bs charges. I was looking at a solid 10400+. (Including Ellicott City Motorsports, I was on the phone wiht a guy there 3 or 4 times begging for a better price). I got Pete's Cycle to sell me one for retail without any setup fee, that was the best deal I could get. And with that price I had to wait a while till they got one. Nobody else would come close to matching the price.

I encourage you to wait if you can, but I know how bad you want it now.
Unread
  (#15)
Yep, it's purple

July 4, 2007, 06:49 PM

So now I saw the "end of year clearance" for yamaha atvs, motorcycles, and side by sides. I wonder what dealers are offering for specials if any. Criswell told me around $9,300 OTD, taxed, tagged, titled. This was the "matched price" from ellicott city motorsports. I am looking to go lower than this seeing what the invoices are and that '08s are almost here...