DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
5 members and 550 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Yamaha

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

March 3, 2004, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Soup Live At Daytona
by dean adams
Tuesday, March 02, 2004
The Soup crew has arrived at Daytona and all seems well.

Some notes:

With Anthony Gobert presumably out as the Erion Honda Superstock rider, plans were being made this morning to secure former Erion Honda rider Kurtis Roberts to man the machine. According to Kevin Erion, those plans have fallen through. Erion said moments ago that Roberts is testing this week on his father's GP machine and can't do the race.

The Michael Jordan Yamaha team is here and will be fielding Montez Stewart on the bike in Supersport and Superstock. I've never watched an entire basketball game in my life, and obviously haven't played, but this Jordan fellow is said to be the most recognizable human on the planet, or so the story goes.
The web site advertised on the side of the Jordan trailer is jumpman23.com, which spins to a Nike site, which gives some indication of who is sponsoring the team.
Jordan is rumored to be coming in tomorrow to watch his rider and team perform, FWIW.

The fresh from HRC Honda Superbikes are sitting in the traditional Honda garages on the far side of the paddock. The machines appear to look slightly more aerodynamic in the frontal area to my eyes.

The Daytona weather looks wonderful for the foreseeable future. We'll be filing reports like mad in the morning. Check back.

ENDS

I never heard of this rider, is the guy new?

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride