DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
5 members and 557 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Yamaha

LinkBack Thread Tools
PCIII VS FASTCARD GEN III Dyno sheet on 07 R1
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

PCIII VS FASTCARD GEN III Dyno sheet on 07 R1 - April 23, 2007, 01:34 PM

Here are the dyno sheet's of the head to head test. We did a stock run and that will be the first dyno sheet.The first set of graphs will be the PCIII.... Also part of the test we tested 2nd gear to 5th gear. The next set are of the FASTCARD Gen III tested 2nd gear to 5th gear. And the last one's is of the over lay graph.

Stock 07 R1 With A&R Race Baffle, 4th Gear run

PCIII 2nd Gear

PCIII 3rd Gear

PCIII 4th Gear

PCIII 5th Gear

FASTCARD GEN III 2nd Gear

FASTCARD GEN III 3rd Gear

FASTCARD GEN III 4th Gear

Head to Head with FASTCARD GEN III winning

Stan
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

April 23, 2007, 02:04 PM

BTW.... My post about the FASTCARD GEN III was started on the R1-forum.

Here's the start of this post.

http://r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196252

Stan
Unread
  (#3)
Knarly Adventurer

April 23, 2007, 02:33 PM

That's pretty sweet. I was able to get my '05 R1 to pull 172.8 on a dyno with a PSB III and full ti Arata.

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#4)
Ling Long

April 23, 2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjester
That's pretty sweet. I was able to get my '05 R1 to pull 172.8 on a dyno with a PSB III and full ti Arata.
Difference is that he's on a 5 gas dyno instead of a dynojet, it reads more accurate... he'd probably be around 180 on the same dyno... though you really can't tell unless they're on the same dyno...

However, the PC3 map looks like it's running fat based on the AFR

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

April 23, 2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
Difference is that he's on a 5 gas dyno instead of a dynojet, it reads more accurate... he'd probably be around 180 on the same dyno... though you really can't tell unless they're on the same dyno...

However, the PC3 map looks like it's running fat based on the AFR

Yaomatt,

Look at the 4th gear dyno map.... With the PCIII was it 12.80 AFR{which is leaner} (hp 165.5), and the FASTCARD was at 12.79 {richer} (hp 171.2). The FASTCARD made more power. You can't always tune to 13.1, for best power. For the PCIII 12.80AFR was the best power for it on the Bike, and for the FASTCARD 12.79 AFR on the bike was the best power for it.... I'll post a write up I Found on AFR. Allot guy's are miss informed about AFR on Motorcycle's.

Stan
AFR write up.
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

AFR write up. - April 23, 2007, 03:42 PM

Yaomatt,

Here's the write up.

Link

http://www.factorypro.com/tech_dyno/dyno_tuning_4gasEGAvso2sensor.html

Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan55
Yaomatt,

Look at the 4th gear dyno map.... With the PCIII was it 12.80 AFR{which is leaner} (hp 165.5), and the FASTCARD was at 12.79 {richer} (hp 171.2). The FASTCARD made more power. You can't always tune to 13.1, for best power. For the PCIII 12.80AFR was the best power for it on the Bike, and for the FASTCARD 12.79 AFR on the bike was the best power for it.... I'll post a write up I Found on AFR. Allot guy's are miss informed about AFR on Motorcycle's.

Stan
Unread
  (#7)
Mr. Glass

January 31, 2008, 05:30 PM

bump! just got this on my 10r. and these are the kind of numbers im pullin now

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#8)
Owner & Creator

January 31, 2008, 08:17 PM

I really don't think a stock r1 w/a fast card will do 180hp to the wheels.

Last edited by Carnage; January 31, 2008 at 11:06 PM..
Unread
  (#9)
Super Moderator

January 31, 2008, 10:40 PM

Hmm....Maybe I shouldgetthe fast card!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#10)
Retired to most ...

January 31, 2008, 11:25 PM

Whoa whoa whoa ..... these are not real world numbers. If you look at the bottom of every sheet you will see a correction in STANDARD (STD).

If you want REAL world dyno numbers the correction needs to be SIMULATED ACTUAL ENVIROMENT (SAE) with a factor of 5.

The basic difference is that in STD there is ZERO brake on the drum to simulate friction/bike weight on the road. Kinda like running your bike to max RPM in a vaccum. SAE puts around 25% on the drum and adjusts as the bike accelerates. There are several other differences including max drum spin but they all add up.

Another KEY difference is the dyno they used to do these runs. DYNOmite dynos don't even come close to a DYNOjet dyno. They were originally designed for stand alone engines and water craft. They modified their software to test cars and bikes but never wrote all new software for it.

The difference in the 2 tunes is the ridability after the tune. The fastcard tunes at the pulse which removes the ability to smooth out the 0% - 3% throttle where all the sportbikes have 0% fuel. Thats why you feel the bike jump as a little as you roll into the throttle. Tends to be an issue for racers since they want/need to be as smooth and seamless as possible on the throttle.

Dynojet CUSTOM tuning with the PCIII USB is still the best possible tune on the market since you get to tune EVERYTHING and it's bike specific meaning that every custom map is made for that bike with that filter with that exhaust with that PCIII USB. There are no downloaded set perameters like the fast card.

Class dismissed!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!

Last edited by JohnnySpeed1KRR; January 31, 2008 at 11:30 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#11)
Mr. Glass

January 31, 2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954

Whoa whoa whoa ..... these are not real world numbers. If you look at the bottom of every sheet you will see a correction in STANDARD (STD).

If you want REAL world dyno numbers the correction needs to be SIMULATED ACTUAL ENVIROMENT (SAE) with a factor of 5.

The basic difference is that in STD there is ZERO brake on the drum to simulate friction/bike weight on the road. Kinda like running your bike to max RPM in a vaccum. SAE puts around 25% on the drum and adjusts as the bike accelerates. There are several other differences including max drum spin but they all add up.

Another KEY difference is the dyno they used to do these runs. DYNOmite dynos don't even come close to a DYNOjet dyno. They were originally designed for stand alone engines and water craft. They modified their software to test cars and bikes but never wrote all new software for it.

The difference in the 2 tunes is the ridability after the tune. The fastcard tunes at the pulse which removes the ability to smooth out the 0% - 3% throttle where all the sportbikes have 0% fuel. Thats why you feel the bike jump as a little as you roll into the throttle. Tends to be an issue for racers since they want/need to be as smooth and seamless as possible on the throttle.

Dynojet CUSTOM tuning with the PCIII USB is still the best possible tune on the market since you get to tune EVERYTHING and it's bike specific meaning that every custom map is made for that bike with that filter with that exhaust with that PCIII USB. There are no downloaded set perameters like the fast card.

Class dismissed!
HA! I assumed it was SAE, i just looked at the bottom. u is riiight

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#12)
Owner & Creator

February 1, 2008, 07:15 AM

THE PC3 on a 07 R1 cannot be tuned for each gear. I might be wrong someone correct me.
Unread
  (#13)
opossum puncher

February 1, 2008, 07:27 AM

Johnny, that was a well thought out and articulate argument.

EVERYONE RUN FOR THE HILLS HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#14)
Ling Long

February 1, 2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954

Class dismissed!
Wow, what a biased response...
Reserving this spot to post when I get home from work.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#15)
Owner & Creator

February 1, 2008, 07:57 AM

Stan works for Cycle Connection or whatever the shop is called in MD. Fastcard
Johnny works for Fast lanes. PC3

I want to hear from someone who doesn't work at a shop and has actually tried both, beside Yao because he knows Stan.