DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 600
4 members and 596 guests
davidcycle, legendindisguise, Nobrains, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Yamaha

LinkBack Thread Tools
Your opinions... I'm asking for trouble I know...
Unread
  (#1)
Chupathingy?

Your opinions... I'm asking for trouble I know... - June 15, 2007, 08:39 PM

I am selling my jalope Ninja, looking at a R6 and/or a R1. Friend of mine in my hometown found em both kinda cheap. The 6 is more me though, seeing I have only been on 600ccs and 250ccs. Tried the parents harley and goldwing, and the 1200-1800 class is out for now.
Anyways, when I go to look at the R6, what should I look for? its a 2000, used as a streetbike then transformed for trackdays in ny upstate tracks. Its got the track skins and the originals, as well as the lights to put back on. tires are back to streets, and the engine is redone, bored, blahblah blah...

So I ask you guys and girls on DCSBN. Respek many of those here, and ya may have some words of wisdom.

PM me if your in H'Town, MD.
"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains 
Unread
  (#2)
NW DC Rider

June 15, 2007, 09:24 PM

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/

I know the 2nd gear popout tends to be an issue, especially on 20k+ mileage 99-02s.

Btw did you check out 600cbr's FZ6 he's selling? 2004 FZ6 for sale

If you don't mind naked bikes, it's basically a more streetable R6. The R6 is a dog down low in the revs and as soon as you get up into the sweet spot... well you're getting arrested

Just a thought, not sure what kind of deal you're getting on that track bike or what your budget is.

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to rhouck Send a message via AIM to rhouck Send a message via MSN to rhouck  
Unread
  (#3)
Chupathingy?

June 17, 2007, 12:56 PM

Well, Im an R1 guy now. picking up this weekend, shes in need of a lil TLC but thats it.

"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains 
Unread
  (#4)
Spectroscopist/adventurer

June 17, 2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith4Brains
Well, Im an R1 guy now. picking up this weekend, shes in need of a lil TLC but thats it.
Indeed? This calls for a commemorative ride to celebrate your new aquisition!

Spaceballs is one dumb ass movie. I'm surprised I had to tell you that.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Chupathingy?

June 17, 2007, 05:19 PM

Soon as I put two bikes into one and get it legal. Should be by the week after. Trying for a WARP run.

Unread
  (#6)
maybe

June 24, 2007, 11:26 PM

Hey Sith,

Don't forget to check out www.r1-forum.com

Probably the best Bike model specific web site on the planet. Loads of experienced riders, mechanics and a few numb nuts for good measure.

And if you're ever looking for parts, mods........ I think Carnage R1 and a some others are on it as well.

Have fun with your R1.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to LimeyWop  
Unread
  (#7)
Chupathingy?

June 25, 2007, 05:31 AM

Im on there too as Rush00

Unread
  (#8)
opossum puncher

July 12, 2007, 10:34 AM

Damn, just saw this. Talk about a jump. (13 years and 750cc's! Not to mention probably 90 hp)

Congrats on the new to you bike!

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#9)
Chupathingy?

July 12, 2007, 10:54 AM

thanks! Now if the new stator evver gets delivered, I can do more than my development's parking lot run! LOL!

Unread
  (#10)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
July 12, 2007, 11:09 AM

what year is it???

I might have parts if your interested, obviously depending on the year too.

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#11)
Chupathingy?

July 12, 2007, 01:00 PM

right now, I might be good for parts. its a 2000 r1. Found a reeal cheap stator assembly on r1-forum, but it shipped from far up north in Canada. Great deal on it, just shipping is slow. been like... a week now.

Unread
  (#12)
Mr. Glass

July 12, 2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouck
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/

I know the 2nd gear popout tends to be an issue, especially on 20k+ mileage 99-02s.

Btw did you check out 600cbr's FZ6 he's selling? 2004 FZ6 for sale

If you don't mind naked bikes, it's basically a more streetable R6. The R6 is a dog down low in the revs and as soon as you get up into the sweet spot... well you're getting arrested

Just a thought, not sure what kind of deal you're getting on that track bike or what your budget is.
my buddy's 01 r6 is a victum of this 2nd gear flaw.. careful make sure it dosnt have it, or if it did it has been worked out.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#13)
Chupathingy?

July 12, 2007, 03:00 PM

gearbox was rebuilt, as well as the engine. so hopfully Im ok. no probs yet.