DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
3 members and 539 guests
boomboom929, GRN96WS6, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > DCSportbikes.net Related Forums > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

February 1, 2003, 03:34 PM

The vision of the Site is to be the #1 Sportbike Community in the DC Area promoting Saftey, a fun atmosphere and a lot of group rides and events. I envision some of you top guys on the site, in an auditorium filled with Soon to be sportbike riders, giving advice, tips and know how and getting them involved in this incredible sport. While giving them something we never had, a head start, good advice, and invaluable know how from your experience that will keep them from an early retirement or worse.

With that in mind, It is Feb 02 now and we are still no closer to having a Spring Show planned then 2 months ago. I take responsibility for this as I am a horrible manager of people.

So knowing my weakness I am creating official positions in our Organization. I want you to realize that these are not Web positions i.e. moderators/admins, These are real postions (unpaid for now) that require you to interact with other businesses on our behalf.

The Postions are as follows,

Events Coordinators:
Event Coordinator will be responsible to Plan, Coordinate Official Get togethers and events at least 2 times a month, There main responsibility will be to Successfully coordinate our Large Events such as Spring and Summer Bike Shows, Picnics, Seminars and Other outings.
You will need to be able to decide on Location, Time, and Schedule while providing Details and Directions for Every event. Each event needs to be scheduled from start to finsh with a clear timeline. This will ensure the events sucess. Also the Pricing Structure will need to be addressed. You will also be responsible for promoting events.

Major Events that need to be planned this Year are:
1. Spring Show
2. Summer Show
3. Women's intro to Sportbiking (Seminar)
4. "Everything you wanted to know about racing and more" (Seminar)

Safety Team:
Need 2 People
The primary responsibility for this Team is to promote Saftey and Awareness throught our organization. With new riders being added to the site everyday and old riders with old habits, saftey will always be an issue. We need to Promote Gear on outings, Safe Riding Styles both by yourself and in Group Rides, and prepare people for Emergency Situations. i.e. ensure someone in the group knows CPR, has a first aid kit...so on...

Graphics Team
Need 2 people
The Graphics Team will develop the Graphics to use on our Stickers, Logo's , T-shirts and Gear. You will also work with online/local graphics makers and get group rates for gear. You will be responsible for implementing the designs on our gear, working with appearal companies to reduce costs and Selling the shirts to the Community.

Purchasing Coordiantor
1 Person Needed
Will be in charge of getting us special discounts from Stores for Group Buys. I am working with 3 local stores where we should get close to 20-30% off products so Ideally we would just work with our sponsors to get the best deals from them.

If you would like to volenteer for any of these please note this:
1. If you do not have time to devote to this, please don't apply. We all have lives and some can't afford the time to take on these responsibilities. This doesn't mean you can't help, just please don't apply to head up the team.

2. You must be a Self Starter and able to work by yourself at times.

3. Good Communications Skills

There is a commitment level here that is more then just checking a website out, I need dedicated people who want this to work and are willing to go the extra mile to help.

Thank you guys and I look forward to building this with you.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Rick Cruz

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

February 2, 2003, 09:48 PM

Great ideas Rick, I was just thinking about events and fundraisers the other day. Here are some of my ideas…

Events
Cookout
A nice cook out this spring would be a great way to kick off the new riding season. I think that it should include all or most of the DC/MD/VA SPORTBIKE discussion boards/list and clubs like dcsportbikes.com&.net, esportbikes, showtime extremes, dccycles, prophecy, Speed Divas, Road Runnaz, Capital Punishment Riders, MAD, etc…
It would be a great way to meet new people, increase membership, and check out other people’s rides. We just need a great central location with place to host it with some grills and plenty of safe parking for the bikes. Maybe Great Falls would be a good place to start?
It could be bring your own food/drink kinda deal to cut down on the cost? I like the way that the “bike wash” scene in Biker Boyz was set up.

Meet & Greets
Some more weekly meet & greet get together spots would be nice too, something beside B&N. The shark club on the weekends sounds like it’s going really strong.

Fund Raisers
Bike wash
A group bike wash would be cool too; maybe MFI will donate some stuff to raffle off? I’ll stay away from the bikini wash idea, but I’m sure that some guys and girls would pay to have some cute member of the opposite sex wash their rig.

I’m still brainstorming on fund raising…

Misc.
Adopt a Highway Program
How about something like that adopt a highway program? It would be fun and perhaps it could help show a positive image to the general public about sportbike riders. I’m not sure how safe it would be to park the bike on the shoulder would be while we pick up trash, but maybe a van with dcsportbikes on it will show the on lookers who we are?
Some kind of public service would be good for the sportbike community.

L8,
Chase
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Has an idiot exemption

February 3, 2003, 07:03 PM

Rick,
I doubt I can help much in the other departments (lack of skills) but I'd be glad to help with the racing seminar...
Those are some great ideas Tifosi!

Steve
2015 Yamaha R1
2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2003 Honda CRF 150F Mini-monster
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

February 3, 2003, 10:30 PM

Here is a link to the Adopt A Highway Program, it sounds pretty simple...
http://www.virginiadot.org/infoservi...ah-default.asp
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

February 4, 2003, 08:03 AM

Maybe we should adopt 211?

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride  
Unread
  (#6)
Got my Permit

May 5, 2003, 12:07 PM

Hey Rick,

I can help out with the following if need be and you can put me in the position if you would like to. Only cause I am a newbie and don't want to "steal" a position for someone who has seniority in this organization and would like that position. Please let me know where I can help.

Position:
Events Coordinator
Graphics Team

Thanks.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DJMiniMe Send a message via AIM to DJMiniMe  
Unread
  (#7)
Addicted to farm animals

May 6, 2003, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Maybe we should adopt 211?

What better way to show the locals that we care about the area of interest. Have the logo on the sign by the pull off on Sperryville would show we show interest..What you think?
I think a company in Culpeper has it now but they are doing a crappy job there so maybe someone should talk to them to see if we could take it over...Just a thought

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1