DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 595
1 members and 594 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > DCSportbikes.net Related Forums > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

January 5, 2003, 10:51 AM

We are running out of space on this server, if we can get most of the pictures hosted on another server we should be fine,

Would anyone like to help host images?

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride  
Unread
  (#2)
Ballaugh Bridge

January 5, 2003, 11:58 AM

I say should everyone get a free angelfire site with 20MB to host any pictures or videos they want to post, share, whatever. I already have 3, 1 for a real site, the others for server space as well as 10MB on earthlink that I use as server space now. All that is needed is a valid email address per site. If anyone needed HTML code (because they don't know how to make a webpage) I could make some templates for picture pages like I have on my site. The only problem is the link to a single picture from an outside source will only last a little while before angelfire blocks it. Like this: (For some reason as I type this, it works sometimes and then it doesn't :dunno: )
But you can post the url http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/sv...ysvsunrise.jpg and paste it in a new browser window and it will open.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Officially Addicted to Posting

January 5, 2003, 12:22 PM

What I do to conserve space on this site is post my pictures to my free comcast website, and just post links to them in whatever thread they are appropriate. I get like 25MB of free space from Comcast simply by using them as my cable ISP. I would imagine that other highspeed providers offer similar space.

If we can't find somone to host this, perhaps those that have the free space could post the pictures on their free space and post links in their threads. I know it is a little more complicated, but it may help reduce the burden a bit as a last resort. I've never had a problem linking to my pictures.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#4)
MSF Student

January 5, 2003, 01:20 PM

Rick just tell me what you need and I will be more than happy to set up an FTP on my server. It is hosted on a DS3 with quad t1 backup so there is plenty of bandwidth and there is plenty of storage on there. Just let me know what you need and I will set it up.

--Ron--
One by one the penguins steal my sanity
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RadioX  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

January 6, 2003, 07:06 PM

Sounds Perfect for what we need, I just need somewhere to direct people to upload their pictures, then they can link to them from our Gallery, this will cut down on the server space we are using for the site. Pictures alone are already eating a couple hundred megs..we only have 600 Megs right now...

Thanks,

Rick

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride