DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 169
5 members and 164 guests
2blueyam, CCS762ZX6, GRN96WS6, RRonin, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > DCSportbikes.net Related Forums > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Site Suggestions
Unread
  (#1)
Site Owner

Site Suggestions - January 8, 2013, 02:21 PM

In the next couple of months I will be migrating off of vBulletin 3.8.x (which has been EOL for many many years), and onto a more modern forum software.

During this time, I'll be taking extra care to transfer over all account/thread information including PMs, images, threads, posts, etc.

Anyone have any *real* suggestions for ideas for the new forum that you may have seen on other forums and really enjoy? It will likely have a small bit of rearrangement but overall, the forum/subforum hierarchy will likely remain the same.

Please only post up ACTUAL suggestions here. If you're just going to post up being a smart ass, please don't waste both of our times.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#2)
#swag

January 8, 2013, 02:28 PM

< those

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

January 8, 2013, 02:52 PM

My suggestions are in the "don't subtract" rather than "please add" category.

1. Preserve the current look of the site as best you can. It is the most readable, eye- and brain-friendly forum sites I've ever seen. Supermotojunkie.com used to look like this (but with a different color scheme, of course), but then they went to a more "dot com" look, and it is not very good. I haven't visited there in months.

2. Keep the current color scheme or change to something very similar. I really dislike white text on dark backgrounds, and to avoid that some sites go for black text on a background that is too dark (e.g. SMJ as mentioned above). Cool pastels are great, and one hue implemented with a few different tones and/or shades is a winning strategy.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

January 8, 2013, 02:58 PM

I like when the forum auto merges posts if a user posts 2 or more times in a row. Instead of 3 posts, it looks like 1 post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
< those
I like the useless karma. Immediate closing or temp bans of users just giving out upvotes or down..

A super slim version would be good. Not all text based, but a "theme" that is super stream lined. I have avatars and signatures turned off, but a them that cuts out a lot space would be great.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; January 8, 2013 at 03:02 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
SRWJTS Recruiter

January 8, 2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
I like when the forum auto merges posts if a user posts 2 or more times in a row. Instead of 3 posts, it looks like 1 post.
+1 on this. I've suggested this previously.

Rep system could be a fun addition.

Don't know how feasible this is - There's a calendar on the gallery page that shows dates when pics were added (who care's?). What if there was a calendar that people could post rides & events on. Maybe mod monitored, so there aren't 365 days of "Gangbang @ (insert member here)'s house" posted.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD

Last edited by ReasonableDoubt; January 8, 2013 at 03:59 PM..
Unread
  (#6)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

January 8, 2013, 03:53 PM

Don't allow retards to quote posts with eleventy billion pictures in them.

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

January 8, 2013, 03:58 PM

RD, we had red/green rep system, but it turned into green dot fridays where folks would upvote each other for the sake of upvoting...

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

January 8, 2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
Don't allow retards to quote posts with eleventy billion pictures in them.
Maybe auto thumbnail them? Prob be better right?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)
#swag

January 8, 2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Maybe auto thumbnail them? Prob be better right?
I thought this site already had auto-"thumbnail"?

Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

January 8, 2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I thought this site already had auto-"thumbnail"?

maybe our understanding of "thumbnail" is different. I havnt paid specific attention, but I thought the site reduces the pic to a viewable size that fits on whatever screen resolution you have. Therefore you still have to scroll for a long time if someone quoted a 25 picture post.

Im thinking make them all super small and the only way to see them is to click them to expand. This should only happen if the OP is quoted. In the OP, I still like the pix only shrinking to screen resolution.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
#swag

January 8, 2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
maybe our understanding of "thumbnail" is different. I havnt paid specific attention, but I thought the site reduces the pic to a viewable size that fits on whatever screen resolution you have. Therefore you still have to scroll for a long time if someone quoted a 25 picture post.

Im thinking make them all super small and the only way to see them is to click them to expand. This should only happen if the OP is quoted. In the OP, I still like the pix only shrinking to screen resolution.
You're right.. I used thumbnail incorrectly. But, that would be a neat feature.