DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 459
0 members and 459 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > DCSportbikes.net Related Forums > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Site Admin

November 9, 2004, 08:26 PM

"Tips from the Experts" is now open, check it out!

http://dcsportbikes.net/index.php?na...viewforum&f=76

If you have any questions, please direct them to the forum moderators : SVbadguy or JPVaccaro
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 10, 2004, 10:20 AM

I know that you are probably locking those forums to keep them from filling up with off-topic babble, but if you really want to get the "experts" input on what is posted, you may want to rethink that policy. If you implement a policy that off-topic posts will be deleted and enforce that (yes, I know, that may be more work for you), you may get a little more participation. I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet that there are people on this board that have much more detailed information on carburetors (and probably even some that know how to spell it off the top of their head, unlike me ) etc. that may not want to go to the trouble of finding out to whom to send a PM, etc. etc.

Could be wrong, and I'm sure you've already discussed this, and made your decision based on what you thought was best. I'm just throwing my .02 out there.

Of course, I imagine that if people have knowledge to share, and don't want to go to the trouble of sending a PM, they could post the info in test and tune, and then let you guys decide whether it is worthy of being moved to the "Tips" section. That may be an easier route.

BTW, the reason I tought of this was that I thought that the section on Jetting was quite vague, and would have preferred a little more detail. Something akin to what is posted here:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question377.htm

or here:

http://204.71.0.3/motoprof/moto/mcyc...1/carb101.html

Although even those sites aren't perfect.

But there is no way for me to ask an expert (other than the moderators) to elaborate in that thread directly.

OK, so maybe .03.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#3)
Site Owner

November 10, 2004, 10:48 AM

There are quite a few FAQ modules for phpnuke (what we run here)... I'm gonna try to find the best one and see about getting it installed. This way you won't have to be on a special 'list' of people to be able to post in it, but if someone posts BS in it, there won't be a lot of 'deleted post' or 'edited post' notes.....

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#4)
Site Admin

November 10, 2004, 01:45 PM

yo JP and SV! see above!

let me know what you 2 think, im only creating the forum...this is your baby
Unread
  (#5)
Ballaugh Bridge

November 10, 2004, 09:21 PM

My main reason for following up on the FAQ is to put out ideas to spark bike-related conversation in the other forums.

I have no intentions of writing theses on carburetors or suspension setup. The FAQ is for basic subjects that someone doesn't understand and to provide them with a little knowledge. If they have a greater interest in the subject they should post some questions and start a discussion to get input from anybody that is knowledgeable of the subject. As it is now that doesn't happen much.

I'm not about to post up 100 FAQs that people may or may not have any interest in. That's why I'm requesting input for questions and simple explanations. If a post is started on a subject, then we can always add the link to the post to the FAQ post.

Or we could just provide a link to this http://www.timberwoof.com/motorcycle/faq.shtml
But they'll still have to create a post if they want more info or to discuss issues.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship