DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 584
1 members and 583 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
**Iron Horse Tap room: new DC Motorcycle Bar
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Thumbs up **Iron Horse Tap room: new DC Motorcycle Bar - January 14, 2010, 09:09 AM

New Place for 2 Wheeled Tuesdays this season in DC....???????

The only regret I have is the fact that they will not be serving Food. It will be strictly a Tavern. For those who like beer on Tap it will have 20 different beers.

I'm a lite...read (girly drinker) and in order for me to have 2 or more drinks I have to have food on my stomach. If im at a bar with no food then I won't drink.

Anyway this is pretty much in China Town near the end...near Austin Grill and Chop House. They said you can bring food in from those places...still a drab if you ask me.

Iron Horse Opens in Penn Quarter Thursday Night

13 January 2010 11:52 PM |

It was back in April 2009 that we first learned about Iron Horse Tavern coming to Penn Quarter. I’m happy to report that they’ll be opening up at 507 7th Street, NW Thursday evening. There was still some construction going on when I stopped by but when they finish up on Thurs. they’ll be open. After Thursday regular hours will start at 4pm. There will be 20 beers on draft and no bottles or cans. This is strictly a tavern and no food will be served though they do have an agreement where food can be brought in by customers or ordered from nearby Austin Grill or DC Chophouse.

It is a two level bar with the upstairs being more like an “upscale neighborhood hangout” according to GM Daniel Williams. The downstairs, with a capacity of 177, is filled with games and two connected bars. One will be open right away and will feature skeeball, shuffleboard, jukebox, and big buck hunter. The adjoining smaller bar is tentatively titled the “Story Bar” which will not open for another week or so and will feature photographs from a bicycle trip taken by City Bikes owner, Charlie McCormick.

Owner Geoff Dawson envisions that the space will include photographs and postcards from others who take trips around the world. Mr. Dawson is also the president of Bedrock Companies which includes Aroma, Atomic Billiards, Bedrock Billiards, Buffalo Billiards, CarPool, Continental, and Mackey’s.

You can call 202-347-7665 to confirm what time they open tomorrow.
While it wasn’t completely finished when I stopped by, this certainly looks like it will be a nice addition to the Chinatown/Penn Quarter neighborhood.

Upstairs Bar

Upstairs mural (not yet completed) by Tim Conlon (in photo)

skeeball downstairs

downstairs bar featuring motorcycles

Story Bar space to be open in a week or so.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
I hate Hybrid drivers

January 14, 2010, 09:17 AM

that's cool. I'll check it out. I'm not a fan of no food either.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Traction Control

January 14, 2010, 09:49 AM

if it had food i'd love to join in .net events there. i dont drink and ride though, and dc is a hike for getting a DD. i'll check it out some day

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#4)
Pleased to meet me

January 14, 2010, 09:52 AM

Love the name.
Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner

January 14, 2010, 09:59 AM

Holy crap that place would be awesome for a TWT except the fact that it is booze only...

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#6)
Addicted to Cajen food...

January 14, 2010, 10:00 AM

Bring some Power Bars with you, friggin light weights....
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Mommy's Little Monster

January 14, 2010, 10:05 AM

That's awesome. And I like good craft beer, so double awesome! No food....back to just awesome.

2018 BMW R1200 GS
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
Unread
  (#8)
Brainwash Your Face!

January 14, 2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Holy crap that place would be awesome for a TWT except the fact that it is booze only...

Yeah....thats a realllly bad idea unless they are not really marketing to riders just banking on "the cool"

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#9)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

January 14, 2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00 View Post
Yeah....thats a realllly bad idea unless they are not really marketing to riders just banking on "the cool"
thats what i put on my local message board...(also posted that they need bike parking)...

Food help absorb...well i can have a diet pepsi and look cool

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

January 14, 2010, 10:33 AM

No food, just craft beers? Not even stupid little appetizers and bar food - in DC?!

Yeah, that's going to be a death sentence / failed business strategy.

Even almost every lounge in DC has the obligatory fried calamari, hummus, chicken wings appetizer.

Hell, just take the appetizers from the surrounding restaurants put them on your menu and charge an extra $1 - then call it in to them and have a runner do the backdoor to backdoor thing all night.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

January 14, 2010, 10:34 AM

No food, just craft beers? Not even stupid little appetizers and bar food - in DC?!

Even almost every lounge in DC has the obligatory fried calamari, hummus, chicken wings appetizer.

Hell, just take the appetizers from the surrounding restaurants put them on your menu and charge an extra $1 - then call it in to them and have a runner do the backdoor to backdoor thing all night.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Addicted to Cajen food...

January 14, 2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post

Not to mention, the bikers that show up... will have Metro'd in, with there pleather Harley jackets and square toed boots...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

January 14, 2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
I would be interested in the issues of having something catered for TWT if we could guarantee a turnout. Maybe take $5 at the door. Perhaps talk to Nunya about getting the mag involved.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

January 14, 2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00 View Post
that's kinda my feeling about themed places like this. we'll see how this one turns out though.
Unread
  (#15)
Traction Control

January 14, 2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow231 View Post
that's kinda my feeling about themed places like this. we'll see how this one turns out though.
yea boom's right. I think if it really was trying to be a biker joint, there's no way in fuck it wouldn't have bike parking

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe