DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 191
1 members and 190 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
**Political** for Marco and Matt
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

**Political** for Marco and Matt - August 9, 2007, 01:15 PM

An interesting read on the "Black Gold Standard" and the artificial strength of the American dollar. Ron Paul is now running for the Presidency of the United States in 2008. Hopefully it clarifies the union of the paper dollar from gold backed note to oil backed note. Moreover it clarifies the fact that with the present consumption beyond our means we must continue to "conquer" resources in order to maintain our standard of living, at the expense of those resources.

An interesting read by Ron Paul.

HON. RON PAUL OF TEXAS
Before the U.S. House of Representatives February 15, 2006
The End of Dollar Hegemony.
http://www.oicu2.com/afc/oil.html

"The artificial demand for our dollar, along with our military might, places us in the unique position to "rule" the world without productive work or savings, and without limits on consumer spending or deficits. The problem is, it can't last."

"In November 2000 Saddam Hussein demanded Euros for his oil. His arrogance
was a threat to the dollar; his lack of any military might was never a threat. At the first cabinet meeting with the new administration in 2001, as reported by Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, the major topic was how we would get rid of Saddam Hussein-- though there was no evidence whatsoever he posed a threat to us. This deep concern for Saddam Hussein surprised and shocked O'Neill."

"In 2001, Venezuela's ambassador to Russia spoke of Venezuela switching to
the Euro for all their oil sales. Within a year there was a coup attempt against Chavez, reportedly with assistance from our CIA."

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; August 9, 2007 at 01:18 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
Road Kill

August 9, 2007, 01:27 PM

He's right... though... the euro was weak when it first was released. having it backed by oil companies might have made it too artifically strong and severly weakend the dollar.

now the whole Saddam and Chavez thing... well we dont like either of them and who exactly know what a clandestine organization like the CIA is doing with their budget? Not that it really means that much anyway... the CIA has failed to assasinate any government leader outside of the third world. Fuck your black gold bullshit and lets talk about why the CIA sucks at their job!

1999 Yamaha R6... from the track, back to the street
www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Bexxx: yeah my ass was a wee bit sore after that
BabyBusa04: MY ASS IS SORE AS HELL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JMURACN  
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.

August 9, 2007, 01:33 PM

I have a huge interest in Roman history as it applies to current policy, especially American, and I think I found this quote to be intriguing.

"It is an unbelievable benefit to us to import valuable goods and export
depreciating dollars. The exporting countries have become addicted to our purchases for their economic growth. This dependency makes them allies in continuing the fraud, and their participation keeps the dollar's value artificially high. If this system were workable long term, American citizens would never have to work again. We too could enjoy "bread and circuses" just as the Romans did, but their gold finally ran out and the inability of Rome to continue to plunder conquered nations brought an end to her empire."

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Last edited by B; August 9, 2007 at 01:39 PM..
Unread
  (#4)
Road Kill

August 9, 2007, 01:52 PM

you dont even have to go back that far. think of early America. very few people were rich... the rich had ties to "home" and were land owners with masses of resources they just sent back to the mother land.

the average joe was working in the fields, in the few factories... they made the cloth, shipped it to europe... and bought the clothes europe was producing... for more money than they were able to earn.

they were on the losing end of that deal. as we are now... with oil. for our money making crops, products, and industry to thrive... we depend on oil to fuel the machines and to transport it all. and all the stuff we make isnt being exported enough to offset the amount of oil we are consuming.

there are cheaper products that other conutries are now making that are as good as ours... so obviously they are not going to buy ours.

that whole made in america kick is dying out... we arent even buying our own products anymore... and therefore our industry is dying, companies are closing.

unfortunately not every country in the world can make money... someone has to be the loser in the situation... right now it is us...

www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

August 9, 2007, 01:57 PM

This was more about currency viability rather than product viability.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#6)
opossum puncher

August 9, 2007, 02:02 PM

It is a huge concern to me, Americas longevity, when others rise in power status, what will America be able to contribute as its value add?

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#7)
Road Kill

August 9, 2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrB
This was more about currency viability rather than product viability.
the american dollar was at its weakest during that time if you want to see what not to do... look at the issue Turkey is having right now! lol

on a side note... you could have actually invested in the Euro. at its lowest point until now, when the dollar was also very wear compared to now (which isnt that much better)... you could have probably made about 20% return on your invtestment Sometimes i need to listen to my uncle...

www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

Last edited by JMURACN; August 9, 2007 at 02:13 PM..
Unread
  (#8)
Eddie would go ...

August 9, 2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool
It is a huge concern to me, Americas longevity, when others rise in power status, what will America be able to contribute as its value add?
anything that starts with 'Mc' and ends in "Donalds"

Big Mac Index

Burgernomics is based on the theory of purchasing-power parity, the notion that a dollar should buy the same amount in all countries. Thus in the long run, the exchange rate between two countries should move towards the rate that equalises the prices of an identical basket of goods and services in each country. Our "basket" is a McDonald's Big Mac, which is produced in about 120 countries. The Big Mac PPP is the exchange rate that would mean hamburgers cost the same in America as abroad. Comparing actual exchange rates with PPPs indicates whether a currency is under- or overvalued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
singin sweet home alabama

August 9, 2007, 02:33 PM

Perhaps I'm a stickler for details - but these sorts of declarations are always vague and fuzzy.

The statements are always grand conspiracy theory without much coverage of the mechanics of it.

Please expound, I'm interested.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#10)
B
It goes to 11.

August 9, 2007, 03:00 PM

This was a speach before the House of Representatives by a Presidential contender. Though that doesn't preclude deceite or unfounded declarations, one would be foolish to make such in the presence of men with staffs consisting of some of the best socio-political minds in the country. I'd say that lends a certain credence to the postulations.

Though I have noticed that it is a common American past-time to ignore obvious threats to justice and conflicts of interest until they are proverbially rolling over our toes.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Last edited by B; August 9, 2007 at 03:02 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
singin sweet home alabama

August 10, 2007, 02:25 AM

I guess I'll just have to pull my head out of the sand and rush out to get some liberty dollars.

There will be monetary system reform in due time - its inevitable - but I think the implication that the US is destined for some sort of Romanesque collapse seems a bit far fetched and overly dramatic IMO. Honestly, the entire world is in for some major changes - the oil will only last so long.

One thing though, I think the notion that Americans are no longer productive or somehow less productive thant he rest of the world is absurd as well. There is more to productivity than widgets.

So Ben, are you stockpiling your own Ron Paul edition Liberty Dollars?

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; August 10, 2007 at 02:55 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#12)
Eddie would go ...

August 10, 2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMURACN
on a side note... you could have actually invested in the Euro. at its lowest point until now, when the dollar was also very wear compared to now (which isnt that much better)... you could have probably made about 20% return on your invtestment Sometimes i need to listen to my uncle...
Better yet : invest in countries that are switching to the Euro. History shows that prices tend to double once they do. So start making investments in Forints - like Hungarian real estate and get a sweet return within 18 months...

no market can touch those types of returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Officially a Ninja

August 10, 2007, 06:57 AM

To be a "Presidential Contender" you actually have to have a shot at winning... Any asshat can announce they want to run for president (beauty of freedom in America). As far as the value of the American Dollar is concerned.. I recently spent some time in Qatar (extremely wealthy for oil), They all speak English, the U.S. Dollar is accepted everywhere, and their version of a dollar (Riyal) is only about 33 cents to us.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bluebusa07  
Unread
  (#14)
B
It goes to 11.

August 10, 2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
I guess I'll just have to pull my head out of the sand and rush out to get some liberty dollars.

There will be monetary system reform in due time - its inevitable - but I think the implication that the US is destined for some sort of Romanesque collapse seems a bit far fetched and overly dramatic IMO. Honestly, the entire world is in for some major changes - the oil will only last so long.

One thing though, I think the notion that Americans are no longer productive or somehow less productive thant he rest of the world is absurd as well. There is more to productivity than widgets.

So Ben, are you stockpiling your own Ron Paul edition Liberty Dollars?
We have the highest debt to income ratio per person of any country. In other words whole parts of cities are actually owned by forein interest. Look at world war II for money viability once printing gets out of hand. Our money is only worth something because there is the idea that it is worth something, you have to have a certain amount of economic viability to support the virtual worth of a denomination... something that should concern a country that imports more than it produces as of this year. If your dollar goes down the drain you may find that tundra you're looking at is closer to $50k instead of $35k... That is the concern.

If you read the document you'd be sure to find the answers there. While we are high on the horse, it's easy to be arrogant about it... however, at the rate with which we are pissing off Russia, China, most of Europe save England (whos citizenry aren't big fans), and much of the middle east, I'd say our dollar viability for the massive import trade we secure yearly is something to look at.

In the end, even Gold was only worth something because everyone always thought it was.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

August 10, 2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebusa07
To be a "Presidential Contender" you actually have to have a shot at winning... Any asshat can announce they want to run for president (beauty of freedom in America). As far as the value of the American Dollar is concerned.. I recently spent some time in Qatar (extremely wealthy for oil), They all speak English, the U.S. Dollar is accepted everywhere, and their version of a dollar (Riyal) is only about 33 cents to us.
Where do you get your news Marcus? The TV or the internet, now-a-days?

Ron Paul Leads Republicans in Web Traffic by a Whopping 45%If web traffic has any relevance in determining which candidate becomes the next US President, Ron Paul has just won....by a long shot.

A recent review by ClickZ.com has the Texas Republican representative with 45.38% of the overall market share, followed by Mitt Romney at a distant 13.93%. Ron Paul gained 6 percentage points over the previous week. Both Rudy Giuliani and John McCain lost around 4 percentage points.

Among the Democrats, Barack Obama continues to be a strong front runner, though he lost 6 percentage points following the CNN/YouTube Debate while Hillary Clinton at 24.14% gained nearly 5 percentage points.

Interestingly, Ron Paul has taken the lead from Obama among all web searches (Democrat and Republican) this week. So who are the bottom feeders in both parties? Bill Richardson and Chris Dodd barely have 2% of the overall market among Democrats while Tommy Thompson and Jim Gillmore lag far behind on the Republican side.

Web traffic also suggests that Mike Gravel was helped the most by the recent CNN/YouTube Debate. His web market share jumped from 1.50% to 8.15% following the debate.

SV650s for SALE!!!