DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 257
2 members and 255 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
*Honeymoon* Looking for a Travel Agent. All Inc St. Lucia, St. Maarten, or Negril
Unread
  (#1)
Im Always Down to Ride

*Honeymoon* Looking for a Travel Agent. All Inc St. Lucia, St. Maarten, or Negril - March 5, 2012, 09:30 AM

I am getting married in September and the Honeymoon is my department. I am liking St. Lucia. Cost is steep but trying to see what can be worked out.

I know a couple of folks spoke about St. Maarten and Nigril, Jamacia so I am looking at those also.

What I am trying to accomplish is

1. All Inclusive
2. Snorkeling, zip lining, kayaking, some type of adventure
3. Relaxation and romance
4. Able to go out and have a few drinks and party

***Wife to be NOT wants

1. Bahamas
2. Mexico
3. Cruise
4. Hawaii

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions

Last edited by bds120; March 5, 2012 at 09:32 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

March 5, 2012, 09:37 AM

Call Claire at Travelwise 301-248-8898 tell her that Matt Carter referred you

She has been my travel agent the past 7 years
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#3)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

March 5, 2012, 09:37 AM

We're booking our honeymoon in St Lucia tonight, doing a full week at a Sandals resort.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#4)
SRWJTS Recruiter

March 5, 2012, 09:38 AM

If you do end up going to St. Lucia, DEFINITELY check out "Cosol Tours". It's a day long tour that you would not regret. They feed you WELL, unlimited Rum punch & Piton beer (local beer), you get to swim in between the two Pitons, they take you through the REAL island (not the fake tourist parts), and so much more. I think it's like $60/person, but worth every dollar and a great experience.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD

Last edited by ReasonableDoubt; March 5, 2012 at 09:46 AM..
Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

March 5, 2012, 09:58 AM

Don't do Sandals. Was in Antigua Sandals last year. Overpriced, bad service (because you don't tip the staff), wouldn't facilitate the advertised and included SCUBA. Basically most of the staff didn't give a crap because you pay tips into the total cost, and so the staff gets less, and gives less.

We had a much better, more inclusive, and far cheaper experience at Paradissus in DR with Nudist, Clemson, and the Castles in December. Big thumbs down to Sandals.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#6)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

March 5, 2012, 10:03 AM

Must've been a bad experience with just that resort, I've been to 3 other sandals resorts and they were all amazing. Never once did we feel that the staff was under performing.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#7)
Mojito Anyone?

March 5, 2012, 10:17 AM

wife dont want to go to hawaii? or mexico? she loco in la cabeza...

Im going back to mexico at the end of this month..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#8)
Typical Stripper

March 5, 2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Don't do Sandals. Was in Antigua Sandals last year. Overpriced, bad service (because you don't tip the staff), wouldn't facilitate the advertised and included SCUBA. Basically most of the staff didn't give a crap because you pay tips into the total cost, and so the staff gets less, and gives less.

We had a much better, more inclusive, and far cheaper experience at Paradissus in DR with Nudist, Clemson, and the Castles in December. Big thumbs down to Sandals.
Another prop for Paradisus in the DR. We are going back there again in May for our honeymoon.

Nude

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

March 5, 2012, 10:24 AM

Yea my brother is actually getting hitched at the Paradisus in July, so I'll be going there for a few days again. I've been to a load of resorts from West Africa to Indonesia, I think the Paradisus was one of the best. My Sandals experience was one of the worst. Maybe I set the bar high.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

March 5, 2012, 10:24 AM

I would NOT recommend St Maartin. It was "ok". Compared to others, it was a little scummy...

I hear St Lucia is pretty good.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

March 5, 2012, 10:52 AM

Another -1 to Sandals. We did a Beaches by Sandals in the British West Indies. Place sucked. Rooms weren't great (especially for the price we paid on a honeymoon), mediocre food, not much except a pool and a bar. One day the "activity" was a beer chug competition. yeah, won't be goign to any of their resorts again. Ever.

If you are unsure...so a nice cruise. Wake up someplace new each day. Go play, repeat. I expected to hate doing them. Between the activities at each stop, the food, and general ease of everything once onboad...I actually liked it.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#12)
RIP Jeff Vega

March 5, 2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
We're booking our honeymoon in St Lucia tonight, doing a full week at a Sandals resort.
This is where we went, you will like it....be prepared to spend mostly all day traveling on the way there and back. A good hour or so from the airport on some CRAZY azz roads!!!

Resort is very nice and the food is good as well. Try to go to the other resorts to mix it up if you get bored. Be careful of the swim up bars....you can get wasted sitting there all day and not realize your burnt till the next day. Ouch...sun is very strong.
Unread
  (#13)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

March 5, 2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
This is where we went, you will like it....be prepared to spend mostly all day traveling on the way there and back. A good hour or so from the airport on some CRAZY azz roads!!!

Resort is very nice and the food is good as well. Try to go to the other resorts to mix it up if you get bored. Be careful of the swim up bars....you can get wasted sitting there all day and not realize your burnt till the next day. Ouch...sun is very strong.
That's great to hear and the tips are certainly welcomed! I've only had one bad swim up bar + sun burn experience and that was in Tulum, I didn't want it to ruin the trip so I kept on pushing through it but the entire time my back and shoulders had my full attention.

We're going to be booking nearly every tour/event they have to offer though we're pretty excited about the canopy tour and mtb ride.

The 3 resorts 'package' is pretty much what helped set our minds, Sandals usually has 5-6 more restaurants than other resorts and with 3 of them accessible we'll have more to choose from then we'll be able to use.

Regardless, we're excited.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#14)
Im Always Down to Ride

March 5, 2012, 11:51 AM

I am liking this place.

Bay Gardens in St. Lucia

Bay Gardens Beach Resort (Gros Islet, St. Lucia) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions