DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 607
5 members and 602 guests
2blueyam, beatle, cicirich, tonetone, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
*Political* Angry soldiers wife and a response from Iraq
Unread
  (#1)
Ling Long

*Political* Angry soldiers wife and a response from Iraq - April 24, 2007, 11:30 AM

Here's what some angry soldiers wife (ex marine herself) wrote:

Quote:
I'm having the worst damn week of my whole damn life so I'm going to write this while I'm pissed off enough to do it right.

I am SICK of all this bullshit people are writing about the Iraq war. I am abso-fucking-lutely sick to death of it. What the fuck do most of you know about it? You watch it on TV and read the commentaries in the newspaper or Newsweek or whatever god damn yuppie news rag you subscribe to and think you're all such fucking experts that you can scream at each other like five year old about whether you're right or not. Let me tell you something: unless you've been there, you don't know a god damn thing about it. It you haven't been shot at in that fucking hell hole, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

How do I dare say this to you moronic war supporters who are "Supporting our Troops" and waving the flag and all that happy horse shit? I'll tell you why. I'm a Marine and I served my tour in Iraq. My husband, also a Marine, served several. I left the service six months ago because I got pregnant while he was home on leave and three days ago I get a visit from two men in uniform who hand me a letter and tell me my husband died in that fucking festering sand-pit. He should have been home a month ago but they extended his tour and now he's coming home in a box.

You fuckers and that god-damn lying sack of shit they call a president are the reason my husband will never see his baby and my kid will never meet his dad.

And you know what the most fucked up thing about this Iraq shit is? They don't want us there. They're not happy we came and they want us out NOW. We fucked up their lives even worse than they already were and they're pissed off. We didn't help them and we're not helping them now. That's what our soldiers are dying for.

Oh while I'm good and worked up, the government doesn't even have the decency to help out the soldiers whos lives they ruined. If you really believe the military and the government had no idea the veterans' hospitals were so fucked up, you are a god-damn retard. They don't care about us. We're disposable. We're numbers on a page and they'd rather forget we exist so they don't have to be reminded about the families and lives they ruined while they're sipping their cocktails at another fund raiser dinner. If they were really concerned about supporting the troops, they'd bring them home so their families wouldn't have to cry at a graveside and explain to their children why mommy or daddy isn't coming home. Because you can't explain it. We're not fighting for our country, we're not fighting for the good of Iraq's people, we're fighting for Bush's personal agenda. Patriotism my ass. You know what? My dad served in Vietnam and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

So I'm pissed. I'm beyond pissed. And I'm going to go to my husband funeral and recieve that flag and hang it up on the wall for my baby to see when he's older. But I'm not going to tell him that his father died for the stupidty of the American government. I'm going to tell him that his father was a hero and the best man I ever met and that he loved his country enough to die for it, because that's all true and nothing will be solved by telling my son that his father was sent to die by people who didn't care about him at all.

Fuck you, war supporters, George W. Bush, and all the god damn mother fuckers who made the war possible. I hope you burn in hell.

Here was the response from a soldier in Iraq
Quote:
You speak of conflict as though you were an expert on the matter; a famed tactical genious, celebrated war hero, valiant templar.

However, I pose this question to you. What do you, MADAME, know of combat? I ask this question and address you as such because of your CHOSEN station in life. Whether or not you were ever a Marine is none of my concern nor worry. You are, NOW a civilian. Not to mention that you are a women. It is my understanding that the LOAC still prohibits using women in combat fire situations, as such you do not have the same grasp as one who has been into repetative combat.

I feel that many of the statements in your missive are highly inaccurate. If you feel inclined to do so, ask me any question you please. I will give the most honest answer I can possibly give. If I do not know an answer, I will not get creative and give you a cookie cutter answer. I have been here long enough to know what goes on. I have interacted with tens (possibly hundreds)of thousands of Iraqi nationals. I have been the driver or gunner in a vehicle for an uncountable number of miles on nearly every military route in Iraq. If you are interested in the facts about Iraq, I will give them to you. If you are not interested, and my guess is that this is the case, just ignore this offer. Please continue to stand up for the "issues" in which you believe.

By reading the words in your post, it is fairly obvious that you have been misinformed and you are determined to spread that disinformation. By spreading this misinformation, you are doing exactly the same that you criticize Bush for doing. I am not trying to start any sort of debate on the reasoning for this war. The only thing I can say about the “reasons” for going to war is ”where is the oil we are here to steal? it certainly isn't on the market. if it is not on the market, then how can Bush make a profit on it?” Instead, my purpose was to focus on the war itself.

Most importanly, you make wild accusations claiming that the Iraqi people do not want us there. That the attacks by terrorists (suicide bombers, etc) wouldn't happen if Americans weren't here. You put it in a way that implies Americans themselves physically pulled these acts of terrorism. Just yesterday, a young boy, no older than 9 or 10 years old, gave me a letter. I guess he wrote it for his older sisters saying that their father has been kidnapped and is being held for 150 million Dinars. Tell me why they come to us for help if we are going on wild killing sprees like you suggest. Why would they come to us for aid if they wanted us out, as you suggest. In my nearly two years in Iraq, I have fired exactly 84 rounds. 7 were at a test-fire berm. 60 were during the fire fight in Fallujah. 16 were fired during the staging and initial invasion of Iraq. The other was at an Iraqi car when the driver tried to plow the car into a fuel tanker. That round went exactly where I aimed, right through the engine block. I never intended to fire upon the driver and I never came to the conclusion that I had to do so. Do war crimes happen? You bet your sweet ass they do. I will guarantee that they are not .001% as frequent as you want others to believe.

I will talk about is the use of White Phosphorous. First and foremost, I have seen WP used extensively by terrorists (I refuse to call them insurgents) against US forces. I have seen uparmored M1114 humvees turned into a charred skeleton in 20 seconds. One particular bomb was placed right in front of an elementary school or daycare (not sure which it was.) I have seen soldiers who have narrowly escaped burning vehicles. I personally did not see whoever set up these bombs, but I am 100% sure that American soldiers did not do it, yet you accuse us of cruelty.

I am not going to question your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I want to question the basis of your opinion, however. What UN rule, charter, resolution, et al, deemed the invasion of Iraq illegal? I don't care what Kofi Annan said, as he did not quote a rule. The second question I have is whether or not you realize that it is NOT the Iraqis attacking us. I already told you Iraqis come to us for help. Foreign fighters from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, and other countries have crossed borders to bring the fight to Iraq. More importantly, the terrorist, whatever nationality, are killing Iraqi civilians at a much higher rate than they are killing coalition forces. You seem to think it is acceptable for a terrorist to place a white phosphorous bomb in front of an elementary school. Please be consistent.

However, I will go ahead and tell you to get ready to pust more BS about soldiers being injured and neglected in hospace.

Terrorists are giving kids toy AK-47s and convincing them that US soldiers give them money for showing them to us. Not all soldiers know this. Some soldiers are more jumpy than others (specifically the new arrivals to theater.) It wouldn't surprise me to see blood shed. I hope it doesn't happen, but hope isn't reality. Oh by the way, terrorists are videotaping when we go by these neighborhoods. Thanks to liberals such as yourself, we can't do anything to those terrorists until they make an attempt on one of our lives. We just have to sit there and watch them wait for a jumpy soldier to see an AK-47 pointed at him. Thank you so much, Ms. Liberal, for all your help in making Iraq a safer place. I just wonder... what do you think will have happened if Saddam would have stayed in power and died a natural death? My belief is the same thing that is happening now, without US soldiers on the side of Iraqi civilians.

Captain M.S. Hensley
USAF Combat Controller

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#2)
Posting Nothing Relevant

April 24, 2007, 11:46 AM

i like how she says she got out of the Marines because she got pregnant, thats a joke. i know that in the Army just getting pregnant does not award you a free pass to get out, when you are told by a doctor that you are pregnant you must start the family care plan packet with your unit, and some other paper work. if this process is not fullfilled then you are discharged (not sure which section or article), but it is not a fun process. we had a handfull of women and one male with a civilian spouse use this method to get out. its not a short or fun process all said that they wish that they had not done it. oh and all were prior to 9/11. she bailed on the Marines the first chance she got and her argument holds abso-freakin-lutely no water with me.

+1 to Captain M.S. Hensley
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

April 24, 2007, 11:53 AM

snopes?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

April 24, 2007, 11:56 AM

Well since I'm a Marine and a Female at that.. I would say that NO she can't get out of the Marines for being pregnant. It DOES NOT happen. So yeah.. She's wrong there.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TBaby Send a message via AIM to TBaby Send a message via MSN to TBaby  
Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

April 24, 2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
snopes?
Sounds like propeganda to me.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

April 24, 2007, 11:57 AM

They were both posted on Craigslist. What are you going to snopes about?

If you look at the tone of the second post, you can see he's calling her on her bullshit without being rude about it...

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

April 24, 2007, 12:00 PM

you do know the point of snopes right?

oh because something posted on craigslist is always by a legit person.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

April 24, 2007, 12:02 PM

The "gains" weren't worth the "losses" for her...

That's what everything is about... and remember that. Gain's over losses with the hope that we'll have more of the former for any of the latter we have to absorb.

Then the question is... are WE gaining as a nation, as individuals... or is someone else gaining from our losses, pocketing the difference. It's convenient to quote the propeganda of freedom, democracy, and "good"... but results are what I look for, not promises.

No results. End of discussion. Let that woman mourn, her loss is unimagineable, and she sees no gains... not personally... or for her nation. And I think she's right about that.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; April 24, 2007 at 12:09 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#9)
Ling Long

April 24, 2007, 12:03 PM

It was one person ranting and another responding to the rant in the rant and raves section.

Reading comprehension: Looks as though the second person is calling the first person out for bullshitting. There's nothing to really DISPROVE about the above conversation between two people...

I guess you could see if the CPT actually exists since he signs it. Maybe check up on the Separation due to pregnancy. I know a lot of women during AIT got out that way, but I never heard of it once people became Permanent Party.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

April 24, 2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
It was one person ranting and another responding to the rant in the rant and raves section.

Riiiight, b/c everything put under rant is written by the person that posted it..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
Ling Long

April 24, 2007, 12:06 PM

Wow, you don't read too well do you?

Quote:
I guess you could see if the CPT actually exists since he signs it.
There, I separated that one part for you. Though, I doubt this is "famous" enough to have made it onto snopes.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

April 24, 2007, 12:07 PM

no shit sherlock. my snopes comment was about the legitamacy of the original post.

i couldnt find it on snopes.. btw.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
Ling Long

April 24, 2007, 12:10 PM

Here's the original post:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/309485032.html

Here's the reply... someone posted them in a bulletin on Myspace, I thought they were interesting so posted them here too:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...317853626.html

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

April 24, 2007, 12:12 PM

ok moving on...just questioning the legitamacy of the first post. still sounds suspect..but whatever..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
DAS BOOT

April 24, 2007, 12:14 PM

Wow. Just..................wow.
  Send a message via AIM to