DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 525
2 members and 523 guests
legendindisguise, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
1st Golf Lesson
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

1st Golf Lesson - April 19, 2007, 10:04 AM

ok so.. To get the laughter out of the way, believe it or not, the Wii Golf and tiger woods golf has lit an interest in playing golf for real.

My best friend since I was 5 years old has played golf since he was 4, but i never really had an interest in it. He actually got a golf scholarship to goto school, but his lazy ass didnt follow through...Sure, ive gone to the range to wack the shit outta balls, but had no interest beyond that.

Thanks to the stupid Wii, i want to give it a go.

I bought a cheap ($150) set of clubs from sports authority that were on clearance. The brand is not a mainstream company. It came with 3 woods, 2 hybrids, 5 irons and a putter. Bag was included also.

So now that you are done laughing that i am interested b/c of the freaking Wii.

A guy I work with's Dad is a golf pro at pohic bay golf course in Lorton. Near Boomie

so, I am taking 5 lessons from him after work since it is on my way home from belvoir. The guy is cutting me a deal. I figured if i am going to make a go, i should at least work with someone to head in the right direction. It is one lesson per week for 45 min to an hour.

Does anyone else know of any Par 3 courses? I only know of the one by my house at lake ridge park. I do NOT want to play on a full course b/c my embarassement will make it that much more difficult.

Also, if anyone else wants to play, let me know. As im digging around, i am finding courses near belvoir that I had NO clue were back here.

ok, done sharing. hope some of you peeps are interested in hittin the lil white ball.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

April 19, 2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
ok so.. To get the laughter out of the way, believe it or not, the Wii Golf and tiger woods golf has lit an interest in playing golf for real.

My best friend since I was 5 years old has played golf since he was 4, but i never really had an interest in it. He actually got a golf scholarship to goto school, but his lazy ass didnt follow through...Sure, ive gone to the range to wack the shit outta balls, but had no interest beyond that.

Thanks to the stupid Wii, i want to give it a go.

I bought a cheap ($150) set of clubs from sports authority that were on clearance. The brand is not a mainstream company. It came with 3 woods, 2 hybrids, 5 irons and a putter. Bag was included also.

So now that you are done laughing that i am interested b/c of the freaking Wii.

A guy I work with's Dad is a golf pro at pohic bay golf course in Lorton. Near Boomie

so, I am taking 5 lessons from him after work since it is on my way home from belvoir. The guy is cutting me a deal. I figured if i am going to make a go, i should at least work with someone to head in the right direction. It is one lesson per week for 45 min to an hour.

Does anyone else know of any Par 3 courses? I only know of the one by my house at lake ridge park. I do NOT want to play on a full course b/c my embarassement will make it that much more difficult.

Also, if anyone else wants to play, let me know. As im digging around, i am finding courses near belvoir that I had NO clue were back here.

ok, done sharing. hope some of you peeps are interested in hittin the lil white ball.
Burke Lake is all par 3. Let me know if you wanna hook up and play some. I always have the sticks in the trunk.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Busamac70  
Unread
  (#3)
Track Ho

burke lake, hit me up, I will go with you

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Track Ho

haha he beat me to it, I get sloppy seconds

Unread
  (#5)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

April 19, 2007, 10:10 AM

Stick with par 3's. It's like telling a new noob to get a 600 vs. a 1k. It would be far too intimidating to try and realistically play on a par 7 or something. There are tons of par threes, there's one on 123 by Henderson Rd. That's a good one. The one in lake ridge is the same place I took my first lessons.

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Owner of the Site Owner

April 19, 2007, 10:18 AM

let me know when you want to play

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

April 19, 2007, 10:23 AM

oh, burke lake is par 3?? saweeet!

oh, im definately going to be hitting the range a bit first. Par 3's probably this whole summer. First it is embarassing to me, and i wouldnt want to slow up any players behind me on a full course...

If you guys play, dont make fun of me cause i loose my concentration easy..

123 by henderson = burke lake

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
Posting Nothing Relevant

April 19, 2007, 10:25 AM

Tige Woods 2003/2004 got me into golf, still havent actually played yet, just go to the range every once and awhile.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#9)
Owner of the Site Owner

April 19, 2007, 10:37 AM

yes 123 by henderson is burke lake.

if you want to hit the range - let me konw we live close by, laurel hill has a sweet range

-

I tow 747s

Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

April 19, 2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck226
Tige Woods 2003/2004 got me into golf, still havent actually played yet, just go to the range every once and awhile.

saweeet, thanks for making me feel better.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

April 19, 2007, 10:41 AM

Paul, where is laural hill? I had a hard time finding a range close to my house. Pohick was the first place I heard of after i got in touch with the golf instructor.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
Owner of the Site Owner

April 19, 2007, 10:44 AM

burke lake is one, laurel hill is off lorton and hooes

-

I tow 747s

Unread
  (#13)
Nice & Smooth

April 19, 2007, 10:58 AM

Im down for some golf anytime. Im also a "rookie" with a few years or playing- so we are in the same boat. I hit up all the par 3's in the area. Spud I actually live with in walking distance to the Lake Ridge par 3- usually go there on lazy sunday afternoons.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to prkid424  
Unread
  (#14)
Track Ho

April 19, 2007, 10:58 AM

Top Golf is off Van Dorn Street, I usually go there

Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

April 19, 2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkid424
Im down for some golf anytime. Im also a "rookie" with a few years or playing- so we are in the same boat. I hit up all the par 3's in the area. Spud I actually live with in walking distance to the Lake Ridge par 3- usually go there on lazy sunday afternoons.
I live in westridge, so i was planning lake ridge to be my first place to attempt a course.

Ill post up when i go. Probably wont try it until ive had a couple lessons under my belt.

Hopefully paul wont mind coming up that way too.

Alex
13 Honda Fury