DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
4 members and 548 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Heist, REDSKTL 280ZX
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
1x HDME Invite
Unread
  (#1)
Ling Long

1x HDME Invite - July 3, 2010, 10:56 AM

I have 1x HDME.eu invite I can give out. First person I know who posts here asking for it that can maintain a 1.25 or better ratio gets it.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#2)
just some dude

July 3, 2010, 11:00 AM

lol i'll take it, but then again you don't know me.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

July 3, 2010, 11:04 AM

Those BitTorrent sites will have the FBI knocking at your door.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; July 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Ling Long

July 3, 2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Those BitTorrent sites will have the FBI knocking at your door. :nope:
You're an idiot, but moving on. And it would be NMEC, no the FBI.

If you don't want it, don't ask for it.

Novasquid: I don't know you, so sorry.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

July 3, 2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt View Post
You're an idiot, but moving on. And it would be NMEC, no the FBI.

If you don't want it, don't ask for it.

Novasquid: I don't know you, so sorry.
I'll let the "you're an idiot" thing pass. Perhaps you didn't know bit torrents aren't being highly scrutinized by copywrite holders and the FBI as of late.

They've become the new focus like Kazaa & Limewire were a few years ago and they've gotten better about shutting down primary feeders, somehow tracking all the bytes and their main propagators, and sending out nasty grams to your ISP.

(One of the things Bit Torrent was supposed to be pretty decent at doing since you weren't DL'ing an entire file - just random bits and bytes from any number of feeders).

That is unless this is a completely new and different kind of Torrent site...

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

July 3, 2010, 11:44 AM

You can believe what you hear about in the media all you like Heist. Working with the FBI as the chief engineer for SSS @ CJIS, I'm pretty familiar with what the capabilities are as well as what is and isn't being looked at and tracked.

NMEC (National Media Exploitation Center) are the people you actually need to do any worrying about, but even then... their purview ends at the US border. Clandestine operations have bigger fish to fry, but c'est la vie.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#7)
Groping is a skill...

July 3, 2010, 11:51 AM

I have no idea what this is but it sounds very interesting.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Ling Long

July 3, 2010, 11:53 AM

It's yours Gem. PM incoming. Follow the instructions and make sure you follow the rules.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

July 3, 2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt View Post
You can believe what you hear about in the media all you like Heist. Working with the FBI as the chief engineer for SSS @ CJIS, I'm pretty familiar with what the capabilities are as well as what is and isn't being looked at and tracked.

NMEC (National Media Exploitation Center) are the people you actually need to do any worrying about, but even then... their purview ends at the US border. Clandestine operations have bigger fish to fry, but c'est la vie.
I'm not doubting you, Matt.

But I do know guys on my other board who are heavy sharers on Bit Torrent, have been getting notices left and right from their ISPs and the other sharing sites they use (Megaupload, Rapidshare, etc.) as of late with increasing frequency. Cease and Desists, Accounts Banned, nastygrams on behalf of the copywrite holders.

I heard of NMEC a few times, but I thought NMEC was an offshoot of the DOD and their job was to track/control/distort media coming INTO the US and outgoing. Chasing down guys like Wikileaks?

Unread
  (#10)
Ling Long

July 3, 2010, 12:19 PM

That comes with the use of open torrent sites like oh... pirate bay and the like. Private seeder sites are very, very hard to get into (like HDME). They encapsulate all of their bit traffic and push it through vpn tunnels. It keeps it a lot safer.

NMEC deals with everything. Technically, they're part of the DIA as that's where their fund line comes from, but they feed CIA, FBI, Grey Rock and several other agencies through an ODNI directive.

It's part of the whole enterprising of criminal justice and intelligence infrastructure under NexSys (Next System). The big problem is that they don't have the ability to deal with the Petabyte and Exabyte's of data coming in yet. Kryder's law and all that jazz.

If you can get into the few private trackers out there, you're pretty safe. Places like HDME are extremely hard to get into because of how seldom they give members invitation codes.

As for the "you're an idiot" remark... well, I wouldn't be me if I didn't say something offensive in every post, now would I? Grain of salt and all that jazz.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#11)
Its me bytches..

July 3, 2010, 12:21 PM

If you guys get another invite.. I'd let to check it out.

Let me know.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Daekwan Send a message via AIM to Daekwan  
Unread
  (#12)
Ling Long

July 3, 2010, 12:22 PM

Will do, but in 2 years of membership I've gotten 3 invites.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#13)
Its me bytches..

July 3, 2010, 12:25 PM

Damn thats crazier than racing-underground! I've been with them about 3 years and have only received 1 invite. And my upload ratio there is like +16gigs! Then again I've never used the 1 invite I had.. so maybe you have to use it to get another one.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Daekwan Send a message via AIM to Daekwan  
Unread
  (#14)
whoa preppy......

July 3, 2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post
Damn thats crazier than racing-underground!

how do you do that? Do you use earthworms or some sort of elaborate digging machine like they used in Total Recall? If it's worms, I can afford that.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Its me bytches..

July 3, 2010, 12:35 PM

Simple. Put a big azz drillbit on the front of your bike. It works, I promise!
Closed Thread