DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 531
0 members and 531 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
2 law questions for reference
Unread
  (#1)
Traction Control

2 law questions for reference - August 10, 2009, 01:02 PM

2 things that I always hear different answers for:

1. can you get some type of ticket / other shit for having between .00 and .08 BAC? I'm pretty sure there's something, but don't know what it's called.

2. WTF is the speed for an automatic reckless in VA? is it 15 or 20 over? I swear it's 20 but some people tell me 15.

I only ask for future reference, i wasn't caught doing 243 in a 65 with a .o3 BAC or anything

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#2)
Nothing here

August 10, 2009, 01:15 PM

Reckless can be given at any speed if you are operating in an unsafe manner. Automatic reckless begins at 20 +
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG - screw face

August 10, 2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
2 things that I always hear different answers for:

1. can you get some type of ticket / other shit for having between .00 and .08 BAC? I'm pretty sure there's something, but don't know what it's called.
A) DWI = driving while intoxicated
B) DUID = driving under the influence of drugs
C) OWI = operating while intoxicated
D) DUI = driving under the influence
now with the 0 tolerance laws, anything above a BAC of 0.0% you'll get banged with the one of the above, none of which are any more "easier" than the other

2. WTF is the speed for an automatic reckless in VA? is it 15 or 20 over? I swear it's 20 but some people tell me 15.
A) http://leg1.state.va.us/000/lst/LS236535.HTM or open a general DMV pamphlet
I only ask for future reference, i wasn't caught doing 243 in a 65 with a .o3 BAC or anything
Unread
  (#4)
opossum puncher

August 10, 2009, 01:50 PM

Automatic reckless by speed varies. Its anything over 80, or 20 over, or, oddly enough its 25 over in a 30 zone, weird hunh?

You do not have to blow over a .08 to get a DUI, if you fail the sobriety test they can still nail you.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#5)
BE ENCOURAGED!

August 10, 2009, 01:55 PM

Clearly the best legal advice ever given can be seen in the following clip and then you will have no need for such info. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0mSGCTkH2w

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

August 10, 2009, 02:01 PM

As mentioned, you can get reckless at any speed. My (ex) wife got charged with one for driving too slow!!!! (True story)

You can get charged with driving while impared at any (or no BAC) level if the officer feels you are imparied.

Always remember, there is a difference between being charged and being convicted. Out here in Mudville getting a charge dropped or reduced is often just a matter of catching up with the prosecuting Attorney before your court date... If there is any gray area. If it's cut and dry plan on bringing your checkbook. LOL
Unread
  (#7)
Traction Control

August 10, 2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
As mentioned, you can get reckless at any speed. My (ex) wife got charged with one for driving too slow!!!! (True story)

You can get charged with driving while impared at any (or no BAC) level if the officer feels you are imparied.

Always remember, there is a difference between being charged and being convicted. Out here in Mudville getting a charge dropped or reduced is often just a matter of catching up with the prosecuting Attorney before your court date... If there is any gray area. If it's cut and dry plan on bringing your checkbook. LOL
I wanted to confirm the automatic part. getting it for going too slow, now that's just funny.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#8)
Custom User Title

August 10, 2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
I wanted to confirm the automatic part. getting it for going too slow, now that's just funny.
No such thing as automatic. The officer always has the option not to ticket you.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MrDan  
Unread
  (#9)
SUPERBITCHIN'

August 10, 2009, 02:23 PM

Derek you forgot DWB

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#10)
TPG - screw face

August 10, 2009, 02:25 PM

hahah tru det

Unread
  (#11)
Face Down @$$ UP

August 10, 2009, 02:31 PM

Also depending on how you are actually driving at those speeds, and the results that have followed, set whether or not the officer will charge you with reckless.
Most officers IME, have the following thought process on questionable BAC's.
They assume if you are drunk enough for a Drunk & Disorderly or Public intox, then you are drunk enough for a DWI,DUI, and host of other vehicle related drunk charges.
Again officers' disgression.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#12)
Herndon's Finest

August 10, 2009, 03:24 PM

Virginia:

.08 and above, you are presumed to be intoxicated. Between .02-.07 there is no presumption of being intoxicated, and the burden is on the officer to articulate the reasons the driver is intoxicated. I've gotten a DWI warrant at .05, but wasn't able to get one at .07.

A reckless ticket can be given at any speed, if your actions are threatening the life, limb or property of yourself or another. A reckless ticket can be given at 20+ mph over the speed limit, or 80+ mph. Law about the 35 mph zone was changed a couple years back, so it's also 20+ mph. The officer does not have to write a reckless ticket, they can charge you with speeding instead.

Jim

03 Subaru Legacy wagon
08 Subaru Tribeca Limited
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to J.R.  
Unread
  (#13)
Traction Control

August 10, 2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Virginia:

.08 and above, you are presumed to be intoxicated. Between .02-.07 there is no presumption of being intoxicated, and the burden is on the officer to articulate the reasons the driver is intoxicated. I've gotten a DWI warrant at .05, but wasn't able to get one at .07.

A reckless ticket can be given at any speed, if your actions are threatening the life, limb or property of yourself or another. A reckless ticket can be given at 20+ mph over the speed limit, or 80+ mph. Law about the 35 mph zone was changed a couple years back, so it's also 20+ mph. The officer does not have to write a reckless ticket, they can charge you with speeding instead.
thank you

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#14)
TPG og

August 10, 2009, 03:37 PM

Don't be a dbag or act sarcastic. basically anything that a frat boy does or says at McFaddens, don't. Also, learn to say the ABC's backwards and touch your nose with your eyes closed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

August 10, 2009, 03:55 PM

Keep a bottle of scope in your car too.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud