DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
2 members and 511 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
2011 Nissan Truck talk (since is snowing lets talk new trucks)
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Angry 2011 Nissan Truck talk (since is snowing lets talk new trucks) - February 6, 2010, 10:41 PM

Because im a Nissan Fanatic....
here are some pics I found ...

Ok we dont have this classic truck in the states...but this 2010 nissan Patrol Might make its way over to the shores as an Infiniti Truck. I assume to fit in between the FX45 and the big QX56

2010 Nissan Patrol

The mystery Infiniti version of the Patrol....I hope we get it her in the states.

Here is the spy shots found in AZ so im sure america will be getting a new truck.

here is my angle...
The Titan/Armada/QX56 sales have always been pretty low. While the Nissan Patrol is a global truck with great sales in countries like Africa and south america and the EU.

So what ive heard in a few posts is that nissan might kill the big truck (remember they were talking about having Chrysler build the next series of trucks for them) and rebadge and re-market the Patrol as a smaller version of the QX56. The patrol is the swiss utility knife of the world..totaly die hard truck that can go anywhere...so it should be tougher than the FX45.

NEW 2010 INFINITI QX testing in pheonix arizona. 2 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 2 Based on the gargantuan Nissan Armada, the Infiniti QX56 is one big beast of an SUV. Especially next to the svelte FX, and even more so now that the EX has joined the line-up. Keeping such a goliath of a truck looking fresh is a challenge unto itself, but Nissan's luxury division is apparently working on it.

The biggest thing to hit Tempe since Super Bowl XXX, this QX test mule was spied by one of our intrepid readers while apparently undergoing hot weather testing around the Phoenix suburb. The vehicle in question, as you can see, is wearing heavy camo, but appears to carry the same pronounced grille as the current model, albeit with more angular headlights to mimic its little brothers. The rear end appears to be undergoing a restyling as well, while the C-pillar-mounted rear door handle – a hallmark of Nissan sport-utes in the Pathfinder family – have apparently moved to the more conventional position. That's about all we can surmise about the behemoth hiding underneath that Michelin Man suit, but you can have a look for yourself in the exclusive gallery of spy shots below.

but if you want to see a real truck...check this..

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/12/s...international/

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
I hate Hybrid drivers

February 6, 2010, 10:50 PM

I have a Nissan Frontier and love it. It's a great truck. I plan to buy another one in a couple years.

I think i saw a couple of those KW trucks on my trip last summer. They didn't look as radical on the the highway.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

February 7, 2010, 02:45 AM

Some ugly trucks in this post.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Groping is a skill...

February 7, 2010, 05:17 AM

Nissan Patrol is definitely a classic and a best seller still in most Middle Eastern and African countries. However, Nissan needs to improve the look of these trucks. Their cars look so much better.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Retired to most ...

February 8, 2010, 06:13 AM

Looking at picking up a Nissan Titan here shortly!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#6)
Street Bonk Bum.....

February 8, 2010, 06:25 AM

that patrol is butt ugly....that little side vent looks tacky as hell....it looks like a lifted Kia Soul

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#7)
Yep, it's purple

February 8, 2010, 07:51 AM

Von, after seeing posted pics of Nissan Frontier's in a previous thread.

You got me thinking about a Frontier SE v-6 6speed, king cab (don't want the 4 door crew cab). I used to want a Nissan SE-v6 pickup back in the 90s, and it's all coming back to me now. I can just see it, a Charcoal Grey SE-V6 lifted up with a 3" Suspension lift, wider/larger tires, nice sound system and ramps in the back to haul around my bike. And what a great deal for $24k!

Oh and I don't like SUVs. Only sports cars or pickup trucks for me.

TPG - wreaking havoc since '07

"You only get one chance to walk on GOD’S green earth so you must always make the most of it or just waste away..."

You will never be forgotten, Jeff Vega. RIP
Unread
  (#8)
Meet your Maker

February 8, 2010, 07:53 AM

I want the trucks off District 9

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#9)
AMA Superbike Champ

February 8, 2010, 08:03 AM

i love the petrols from 87-98 they are the best. they are strong and those diesel engines runs forever. they will survive in any extreme environments. but i cant say that for new once.

2005 Yamaha R6 Raven
1982 Suzuki GS650L
1974 Honda CB550 (Cafe' racer Project)
1971 Honda CB450 (currently restoring to stock may be a future Cafe')
Unread
  (#10)
Officially Addicted to Posting

February 8, 2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
+1

those things look bad ass. just wished they made em with a big ass diesel
Unread
  (#11)
Meet your Maker

February 8, 2010, 08:13 AM

Toyota Hilux I believe

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#12)
Officially Addicted to Posting

February 8, 2010, 08:21 AM

i didnt notice it, especially since i had a hilux for almost two years in afghanistan
Unread
  (#13)
Banned

February 8, 2010, 09:00 AM

toyota neeeeeds to bring the diesel from the hilux over to the tacoma, or just the hilux itself.
Unread
  (#14)
Popplers!

February 8, 2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
It is the Hilux; I think you could get pretty close to that design with a Canyon/Colorado.
I love my Nissan Fronty.......
Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I love my Nissan Fronty....... - February 8, 2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
Von, after seeing posted pics of Nissan Frontier's in a previous thread.

You got me thinking about a Frontier SE v-6 6speed, king cab (don't want the 4 door crew cab). I used to want a Nissan SE-v6 pickup back in the 90s, and it's all coming back to me now. I can just see it, a Charcoal Grey SE-V6 lifted up with a 3" Suspension lift, wider/larger tires, nice sound system and ramps in the back to haul around my bike. And what a great deal for $24k!

Oh and I don't like SUVs. Only sports cars or pickup trucks for me.

I love my Frontier 2 death... you should check out all the stuff they do to them on Club Frontier http://www.clubfrontier.org/

The truck have a nice powerfull engine good space, and ive gotten 26mpg on the highway going south with 2 bikes on the rear...

I might get some 20 inch chrome OEM from the Infiniti Q56 and put on her..

Load her up....

I still wish i had a black one......

Quote:

Toyota Helix you guys say right...
Man this truck is the bomb...
If they sold one that looks like this id trade teams and get it...

look at the gun case..

shit look like my frontier...

so the Hilux is the Tacoma here in the states...

From District 9............

eXtreme Toyota Hilux / Tacoma pickup in Top Gear’s polar expedition

on August 23, 2007 in SUVs. 61 Comments Tags: Pickup, Top Gear, Toyota.

Top Gear is said to be the world’s highest production costing automotive TV show and damn right it is. Watch the ‘polar challenge’ episode if you think otherwise. Its a 400 mile expedition from ‘Resolute’ a north Canadian town to the north pole in a Toyota Hilux pick up truck.
more pics of this Toyota Hilux after the jump.

At first I thought who’d wanna watch a couple of grumpy old geezers trying to do what has never been done before. But then I went ahead, moved my lazy bum and watched it. Gotta give it to them, the episode was rivetingly hilarious.

Its a race between Jeremy Clarkson and James May driving a Toyota Hilux/Tacoma pick up truck and Richard Hammond on a sledge pulled by 10 husky dogs. After watching the episode, I couldn’t help but feel Hammond had to endure more than our Jeremy & James duo. Nevertheless this is a superbly made installment, which in every way lives upto its production standards. The visuals were stunning and I liked the soundtrack, especially the one from ‘Requiem for a Dream’. For some reason, every time I listen to it, this track always gives me a Goose skin, but thats a different story altogether.

What grabbed me more than anything else was the Toyota Hilux / Tacoma pickup truck they used. Maan! look at it… if it could kill… all the polar bears that come its way will be eaten to extinction. The first things that seize our attention are the massive 38-inch tyres housed in those bulged out ‘bigger than Arnies’s lats’ flared wheel-arches. These coupled with the heavy duty winch up front and not to forget the shotgun hanging out at the back of the truck, gives it an image that screams out its 4WD seriousness.

Enroute, the Icelandics claim it impossible to pass in a car, is something called a boulder field with terrain so unforgiving that it would rip out the truck’s under-body parts. With the temperatures reaching a dick-freezing -65°C, a lot of things like the truck’s mechanical parts could go wrong. Heck, even the fuel in the tank’d be frozen at those temperatures.

To defeat these extreme conditions, the Hilux has been fitted with parts like heavy duty locking differentials, thick skid plates, fuel heaters etc. The mods have been done by ‘Arctic Trucks’ a company that specializes in prepping 4WDs for extreme conditions. Here’s the list of mods if you are interested.
  • Studded snow tires of 38 inches in diameter on 15 inch arctic trucks aluminium wheels replace the standard 255/65 R16 wheels and run at pressures as low as 4psi to give good flotation over snow. Two valves per wheel.
  • Heavy duty winch mounted on a heavy duty bulbar with lifting points.
  • Xenon auxillary driving lights for areas with bad visibility.
  • Arches flared by 30cm to protect the tires.
  • standard 169bhp 3.0 D-4D engine modified for ultra-low air temperatures.
  • Extra coolant added to boost coolant temperature before start-up together with fuel heaters and a heavy duty battery.
  • Fat 5mm aluminium skid plates protect the bumper, suspension, transmission and transfer case.
  • The position of the front suspension was moved 50mm towards the ground, then moved forward 40mm.
  • Lots of kits including shovels, pry-bars, jacks, towing strap, tool kits, first aid kits and a chain saw.
  • Locking front and rear diffs modified to cope with the cold.
  • Special exhaust, raised air intakes and an extra 90-litre fuel tank to increase the total capacity to 170-litres.
  • Shotguns were carried for protection against polar bear attack.
I can’t just stress enough in writing, how much you need watch this episode in Hi-Def. ahem… If only you could somehow get your hands on one.
If you still haven’t figured out how to watch the Hi-Def version,
here are the lower quality ones from youtube

[Source: Toyota & Top Gear]

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin