DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 568
4 members and 564 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Speed3, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
2012.... Whats you take??
Unread
  (#1)
I love that you hate me

2012.... Whats you take?? - April 28, 2009, 07:25 PM

So there is this big hype on 2012....

I am not religious, but I am spiritual, but so many people believe the end of the worls is coming due to either;
  • war
  • andromeda galaxy smashing into our Milky Way galaxy (although my u
nderstanding is that wont happen in our life times)
  • polar shift

And a whole lot of other theories.

What is your take?

if you have good links, post em up!

tink, tink bada bink, who dont like da pink??
www.MohawkRyderz.com

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Aly Veneno  
Unread
  (#2)
It was me.

April 28, 2009, 07:35 PM

We're all going to die.

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

April 28, 2009, 07:39 PM

Is there credible physical or scientific evidence for any of those you listed? If not, then has anyone who has made those predictions put down a solid track record of accurate predictive prophecy? These are the two main criteria I begin with when evaluating such doomsday predictions. So far it's eliminated just about every prediction ever made about the end of days and the credibility of the ones making the predictions.

You have to be careful about the general spirituality that's popular in our time. One reason is that believing in nothing in particular makes you susceptible to believing just about anything in general, including lies and deceptions. Another important reason is that not all belief systems can be true because this is a logical impossibility. They may all be false--and a the vast majority are in their entirety--but they may not all be true. This is because truth itself is, by definition, exclusivistic.

Ok, Ben's turn.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
I don't like you

April 28, 2009, 07:44 PM

hopefully a change in our administration

RIP Jeff Vega 10/06/09 You will forever ride on in our hearts
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

April 28, 2009, 07:48 PM

There are about a zillion videos on youtube about it. I find it entertaining, like ghost stories, but you gotta admit, things in this world get worse by the day lately. Some of the stuff is fascinating. The Annunaki, UFOs, forbidden archeology, the Illuminati, all that shit is pretty wild stuff. There are a bunch of those Coast to Coast AM shows posted that are really interesting listening, even if it's all B.S.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

April 28, 2009, 07:51 PM

For example, did you know that the Nazis used IBM tabulating machines to calculate how many Jews they were killing? You know those #s they had tatooed on their arms? Those #s were cranked out by IBM machines and they had contracts for equipment leased and maintained all through the war with documents of payments going straight to IBM in NYC.

Shit's deep.
Unread
  (#7)
Out of Action

April 28, 2009, 07:52 PM

The Mayan calendar, which still is more "accurate" than our calendar, ends in 2012.

That is where "most" of it all comes from.

*sigh*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to SLOride  
Unread
  (#8)
The last urrbendah

April 28, 2009, 07:54 PM

Whatever happens, I blame Bush.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#9)
GDMFSOB

April 28, 2009, 07:54 PM

Oddly, the Mayan calendar starts over in 2012. You could call it an "end", but as it is set up, the numbers continue to roll over.
The Hebrew calendar reaches it's highest point that year too. Although, the beginning of this cycle of the Mayan calendar starded in the Hebrew year 666 (that's strange too).
Also predicted is the earth crossing the galactic axis or something. Where the center of the galaxy is directly behind the sun, the sun behind the moon and earth gets pulled apart loke Polly-O string cheese.
Truth is: we're gonna die. I don't worry about when.

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
Unread
  (#10)
I hate Hybrid drivers

April 28, 2009, 07:57 PM

if the world is coming to an end, i need to get laid more. Let me go work on that.
?
Unread
  (#11)
"?"

? - April 28, 2009, 08:08 PM

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
USSA

April 28, 2009, 08:23 PM

I think it's because Obama is the anti christ. you wait and see. enjoy.

I Have Nothing To Contribute.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArrrSV  
Unread
  (#13)
BE ENCOURAGED!

April 28, 2009, 08:35 PM

What's my take? Well you asked the question, so here is MY answer.

What is it with people being afraid to admit they believe in GOD lately? Its like people want to discuss it, but just dance all around it. Are we really that concerned as a society about being judged or ridiculed by others? Is that the type of world we have become. The new catch term seems to be "Spiritual". It just feels safer because when you say it you can back peddle or make sure you fit in with whoevers belief you are talking too. Yeah whatever. Have some courage! Either you believe or you don't! It's nobody's business but your own!....So here's the deal

I believe in GOD! I ADMIT IT! Got a problem with it? Well your happiness is your concern not mine. Please drive through..

As for your original question regarding 2012 being the end....who's knows. Mankind has been guessing at days for the end of time since the dawn of creation. I think for every theory, there is a counter theory, so I am not sure anybody has the answer. All I do know is that when God finally appears to face mankind one day, we sure are gonna have some splainin' to do. Until then I just will live my life the best I can. make mistakes, learn from them, and not worry about it.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer

April 28, 2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
What is it with people being afraid to admit they believe in GOD lately? Its like people want to discuss it, but just dance all around it.
Not me, mang. I'm a straight up Jesus freak, although sometimes you wouldn't know it by my behavior.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#15)
Say Jur Oh

April 28, 2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER View Post
What's my take? Well you asked the question, so here is MY answer.

What is it with people being afraid to admit they believe in GOD lately? Its like people want to discuss it, but just dance all around it. Are we really that concerned as a society about being judged or ridiculed by others? Is that the type of world we have become. The new catch term seems to be "Spiritual". It just feels safer because when you say it you can back peddle or make sure you fit in with whoevers belief you are talking too. Yeah whatever. Have some courage! Either you believe or you don't! It's nobody's business but your own!....So here's the deal

I believe in GOD! I ADMIT IT! Got a problem with it? Well your happiness is your concern not mine. Please drive through..

As for your original question regarding 2012 being the end....who's knows. Mankind has been guessing at days for the end of time since the dawn of creation. I think for every theory, there is a counter theory, so I am not sure anybody has the answer. All I do know is that when God finally appears to face mankind one day, we sure are gonna have some splainin' to do. Until then I just will live my life the best I can. make mistakes, learn from them, and not worry about it.
Well put man

Quote:
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou