DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
7 members and 537 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Scot, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
T.R.I.T.D.H

24 - January 19, 2010, 01:54 PM

I've always wanted to watch it...I missed the first X amount of seasons so I just never started b/c I figured it would take a lot of catching up to understand everything and appreciate it....

Anyways....my buddy was so hard pressed for me to start watching it. So I ended up seeing the last 15 minutes of the first episode on Sunday....didn't make sense.

But I got to thinking...HOW THE HECK does all of this occur in 24hours. When is the paperwork processed to do whatever they need to do? On average, a Type A, Gung Ho Driven Badass probably sleeps 3-4 hours per night....aren't you cheated FOUR episodes???

Show just doesn't make sense logically to me. A day of 24 hour partying yes in something like the Hangover...but a freaking all out chase on criminals and terrorists...okay. sure. in 24 hours. right. I see what you did there....

On the flip side...THE WIRE IS NOW BEING OFFERED AT HARVARD AS A COURSE IN SOCIALOGY. WOW....THAT IS GREAT. The director stated that THE WIRE will be studied when one is ready to learn about the Modern American City just as we all studied Shakespeare when looking at literature of the past.....damn it was THE BEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION. NOTHING ELSE CAN OR WILL CONTEST IT. I DARE YOU.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Give me the Ban Button!

January 19, 2010, 02:16 PM

I really hate to break this news to you but somebody has to.

IT'S NOT REAL!!! IT IS A TV SHOW!

I know hard to believe isnt it?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#3)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

January 19, 2010, 02:25 PM

I have to say..while you can watch season 8 without know past seasons...there are so many cameos and other things that would not make sense...

Like how jacks daughter was a teenager when they started and his wife use to work with him at CA CTU... the things that happend to them was pivital to the rest of the season...

How his daughter eventualy work at the CTU... and the guy who work under jack is his son in law now...

soooo many plot twist...

Jack bauers father and brother were involved at some point and in the end...season 7 sort of wrap up the whole President Palmer assasination thing...then again im sure it will play into season 8...

Its so interconnected....

but you would need to watch season 1 to 7 ...168 hours of TV to get it ...

ps: 24 is in the future....
Its about 4 years or more into the future ...

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#4)
Lets Ride!!!

January 19, 2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
I've always wanted to watch it...I missed the first X amount of seasons so I just never started b/c I figured it would take a lot of catching up to understand everything and appreciate it....

Anyways....my buddy was so hard pressed for me to start watching it. So I ended up seeing the last 15 minutes of the first episode on Sunday....didn't make sense.

But I got to thinking...HOW THE HECK does all of this occur in 24hours. When is the paperwork processed to do whatever they need to do? On average, a Type A, Gung Ho Driven Badass probably sleeps 3-4 hours per night....aren't you cheated FOUR episodes???

Show just doesn't make sense logically to me. A day of 24 hour partying yes in something like the Hangover...but a freaking all out chase on criminals and terrorists...okay. sure. in 24 hours. right. I see what you did there....

On the flip side...THE WIRE IS NOW BEING OFFERED AT HARVARD AS A COURSE IN SOCIALOGY. WOW....THAT IS GREAT. The director stated that THE WIRE will be studied when one is ready to learn about the Modern American City just as we all studied Shakespeare when looking at literature of the past.....damn it was THE BEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION. NOTHING ELSE CAN OR WILL CONTEST IT. I DARE YOU.

Last spring, my educational foundations professor offered extra credit to anyone who watched the final season of the wire and wrote a report on it. I suppose that was because the entire last season was based on the Baltimore city school system and how completely F'd it really is. I didn't do the report as the show went downhill after season 2 and I just didn't follow it anymore.

Go Hokies!!!

2007 GSXR 750 Black/Midnight Blue - sold
Unread
  (#5)
Playing with toys

January 19, 2010, 03:14 PM

www.hulu.com
Watch last session from the beginning
You won't regret it.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#6)
TPG og

January 19, 2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblue750 View Post
Last spring, my educational foundations professor offered extra credit to anyone who watched the final season of the wire and wrote a report on it. I suppose that was because the entire last season was based on the Baltimore city school system and how completely F'd it really is. I didn't do the report as the show went downhill after season 2 and I just didn't follow it anymore.
Blasphemy!!!

24 is eh...seriously over the top gung ho...which some peeps like. For me...seeing a dude get cell phone recpetion in an airplane killed it for me. Kiefer Sutherland is better as a bad guy anyways. Give it a shot on Hulu like n8rider said.....

I do like the fact that America kicks azz and always wins though!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#7)
Ballaugh Bridge

January 19, 2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
For me...seeing a dude get cell phone recpetion in an airplane killed it for me.

Hate to break it to you, but cell phone reception in an airplane isn't make-believe.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#8)
Officially Addicted to Posting

January 19, 2010, 04:22 PM

I picked on 24 when on the season opener when Palmer got shot. I was like dag, I didn't think he'd get shot and killed at the beginning. I was like oh snap. Since then, I'm hooked, end of story!!

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#9)
TPG og

January 19, 2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy View Post
Hate to break it to you, but cell phone reception in an airplane isn't make-believe.
In the cargo hold? Dunno bout that one chief.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#10)
Officially Addicted to Posting

January 19, 2010, 05:23 PM

I never cared about all the little stuff. yeah somethings can't happen, so what! I didn't like the remake of Robert Ludlum's books to movies because they strayed so much from the book. You want action and similarity with actual events read a Ludlum book. Don't blame me if you can't put it down.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog