DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 522
3 members and 519 guests
boomboom929, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
24 Hour Curfew in Arkansas
Unread
  (#1)
opossum puncher

24 Hour Curfew in Arkansas - August 14, 2008, 09:42 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080813/...as_town_curfew

Best quote: "some infringement on constitutional rights is OK" -Mayor James Valley

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#2)
The last urrbendah

August 14, 2008, 09:46 AM

It's happened before in neighborhoods where violence was out of control. I think DC did it once a few years back if I'm not mistaken.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
singin sweet home alabama

August 14, 2008, 09:53 AM

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -B. Franklin (spoken many ways)

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#4)
The last urrbendah

August 14, 2008, 09:55 AM

Number of people in that hood who know who Franklin was = 0

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#5)
got barrier?

August 14, 2008, 09:55 AM

I give'm credit for getting done some work that needs to be done.
Unless they start searching and stopping every single person around the clock, I don't think many citizens there will be too opposed to such actions as long as the results are coming.

DUCATI MONSTER
rubber ducky?!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dubplaya  
Unread
  (#6)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

August 14, 2008, 09:56 AM

Unconstitutional to set up a communist run system in any US city.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#7)
opossum puncher

August 14, 2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplaya
I give'm credit for getting done some work that needs to be done.
Unless they start searching and stopping every single person around the clock, I don't think many citizens there will be too opposed to such actions as long as the results are coming.
That is exactly what they are doing. "Fielder said officers had not arrested anyone for violating the curfew, only questioned people about why they were outside. Those without good answers or acting nervously get additional attention, Fielder said."

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#8)

August 14, 2008, 10:08 AM

Since when is it illegal in the United States to walk around in a neighborhood? That's illegal in China and Cuba, not the U.S.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#9)
got barrier?

August 14, 2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool
That is exactly what they are doing. "Fielder said officers had not arrested anyone for violating the curfew, only questioned people about why they were outside. Those without good answers or acting nervously get additional attention, Fielder said."
Yes.....anyone can stop anyone and ask them questions...its not infringement or unconstitutional for police to just question you on a sidewalk.

also you might want to consider the by-product of this...
Quote:
Police Chief Fred Fielder said the patrols have netted 32 arrests since they began last week
THIRTY TWO arrests in 1 week, that is the positive outcome. felony arrest came out of that as well. thats drugs and guns off the streets. Thats a hope that those kids won't sleep on the floor afraid of being hit by a stray bullet.

In MANY cities around the united states there are curfews in place, its not a new concept at all. And like you have quoted, nobody has been arrested for curfew so they aren't being abusive with it.

DUCATI MONSTER
rubber ducky?!

Last edited by dubplaya; August 14, 2008 at 11:41 AM..
Unread
  (#10)
TPG - screw face

August 14, 2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Since when is it illegal in the United States to walk around in a neighborhood? That's illegal in China and Cuba, not the U.S.
and Mexico apparently...hmmm walk outside and lose my fingers and possibly my life or stay in the house......

If you have plans to go to Mexico...make good with the bad people...or just don't go. They're snatching up anyone and everyone...young and old.
Unread
  (#11)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

August 14, 2008, 12:48 PM

Look at what has been done in DC:

-Teen curfews
-Blocked off public streets to non-residents
-House to house searches for guns

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, its like thisA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#12)
Face Down @$$ UP

August 14, 2008, 11:41 PM

Curfew in B/more allows LEO's to take minors to a holding area, til the parents come pick them up. You can also been fined for allowing minors out past curfew

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#13)
got barrier?

August 15, 2008, 06:15 AM

VA has a 12 o'clock driving curfew as well.

DUCATI MONSTER
rubber ducky?!
Unread
  (#14)
Like a clown car on fire

August 15, 2008, 06:56 AM

Terry stops, which is what these constitute are completely legal and constitutional, though they need to be done judiciously and carefully, or they can creep into the unconstitutional easily. Basically the search needs to be under reasonable suspicion, and under the intent of protecting theofficer, the subject and the neighborhood, not specifically to gather evidence against the subject... Not getting into a philosophical debate over whther it's right or wrong, but it is legal as per the supreme court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_v._Ohio

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#15)

August 15, 2008, 08:01 AM

There really is no discussion on this. This whole town is under house arrest and it is in a communist state.

There are other ways to police a town without declaring pretty much an illegal "Marshal Law".

You can't pick and choose when you want to follow the Constitution.