DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
5 members and 535 guests
drz1050, Gots_a_sol, KirkRoy, Speed3, t84a
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#91)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

May 19, 2017, 04:45 PM

about to hit westmarine and empty my pockets.

BOAT
Bust Out Another Thousand.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#92)
Signed up for Track Days!

May 19, 2017, 05:06 PM

Buy stuff on Amazon.. SOOO much cheaper.

2015 Can-am Spyder
2014 FZ-09
2011 Ninja 250R
1996 vs800 Intruder
1998 vs1400 Intruder
2006 ZX-6RR - Sold
2009 Ninja 250R - Sold
2003 VT750 ACE - Sold
1980 CB750 Rat Bike - Sold
1981 KZ1000 Sportbike - Rebuild has begun...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#93)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

May 19, 2017, 10:20 PM

Uht Oh...

This was on sale for $449...but had to buy Tranducer for $99 on sale also.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#94)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 27, 2017, 10:00 PM

Update...10-2017
I cant see any pictures I posted on my old posts....odd...
Anyway, I wanted to wait until I had it all done before updating this thread. The only thing missing is the Jet skis on the Jet Ski lifts.

So last minute updates and changes. Pier ended up being 76Ft with a 20x25 platform. I was surprised how big I could go when I got my build permit. We made changes on the fly.

I was going to put a canopy over it, but the guy who installs them told me horror stories and how most bad storms you have to remove them.

Anyway.

The Pier:
I ended up getting a Golden boat lift at his cost ($4,600), Plus Gems Remote controller ($680), The builder had two used Jet ski lifts, but I ended up buying 2 new motors and replacement kit, so for the most part only the metal that sits in the water is old and everything else is new. Cost me $1500 vs. New running $4400 .. Cop a few nautical lights for night time. Water and electric ran to the house.

I set up some pier furniture and bolted it to the floor. They were suppose to give me a quote on new steps, but after asking for the 3rd time I said fuckkit.

I had 3 contractors bid on the build, and the first one gave me the idea to go out then curve the pier. I had this put in my permit application. Funny, after doing all these permits i find out that 95% of the people in my area do not bother putting in permits. No one checks and seems like the office do not care. All the builders will build with no permit. I guess they know that when you put in permits they asses your property higher next tax season. I'm glad I have mines...until i see how much the tax goes up. Pier was built in 9 days. They work every day and only had to stop 3 times because of thunder and lightning storms.
They did have to come back to do all the electric, lift install, water connection. In total Id say 2.5 weeks. The local folks are taking about 4 to 6 months to start...and 3 to 4 months to finish. They do not have much competition here.

Old 1967 Pier..

Finished product.

Coming in near dark

security camera aimed at dock.

Installing ladders.

couple floating things ill use to make a mini floating landing dock.

Visitor boat parking.

I wired up a photocell to the lights....
Ive installed so many photocells in 2017... at least 9

Unread
  (#95)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 27, 2017, 10:01 PM

The Boat.
I put it in the shop the week aftrer I got it. It was in for about 7 weeks. Peak busy season.
Instead of buffing the blue gel coat stripe I had it repainted same color using marine grade paint.

I found this restoration shop that also do regular work. They (father and son) had a great rep in the area. They all use to work for one of the major boat manufacture...well-craft or someone.
He completely went thru my boat and after 13 trips and 5 months she has caused me no problems at all.
I had a dual batter set up installed (850CC each) Bottom painted even tho she never set in the water. Complete tune up and replacement of parts like impeller, all filters, stuff like that.

This winter I am getting the bellows all changed, and the EFI fuel injection kit installed, and I have a modern radio and speakers with blu tooth connection for phones and music shit.
This is the best carbed vehicle I ever had.

Boat Ride 1-13:

My first 2 rides I was scared shitless. I had my GF and her daughter with me and i was acting calm, but i was terrified. I just kept wondering if I had everything I needed in case of emergency. The first two times out I had LOUD alarms going off.
Found out the first one was a power steering bottle came lose so the sensor was flipping around. Took care of that. next time out...same loud alarm went off. After 3 rides I found out it was the Proximity sensor on the Garmins. Anything within 500 ft it would go off...so other boats, channel markers anything. I turned it off.

About ride number 6 I had biker friends down and I finally ventured out of my river to the larger body. Maps I posted will show it. So I was always full throttle everytime I went out. I had 2 year old gas in the boat the mechanic told me to run out before filling out.
Im balling and go about 11 miles out and soon as i stop the gas gauge went from full to 1/4th tank. I drove up the wrong creek and then could not find the marina with the gas station and yup...ran out of gas.
I called and they came and got me. I was only out there for 15 minutes. tossed anchor and gave him my coordinates.

Went in and filled up.

After that I Trips number 5 to 9 I ran the gas down to about half tank and went and filled up solo. So now I have it all down packed.
What i have done now is store Two 5 gallon cans of non ethanol fas in the bottom of the boat. (pics below). Trips 9 to 13 ive been just going out solo mostly to the bridge and parking and taking in the sights.

As I got use to my boat, the stuff my dad taught me came back. Ive navigated my dads boat a few dozen times, but never solo so...this was a heavy burden being in total control. I check all my fluids and stuff before I roll out every time.
I hope to take her out about 5 more times before I store her. I still need to take my mom on a ride. I found some really nice restaurants on the sea.

I will leave the boat on the lift until about the end of November.
Then to the shop to get the work done.

The stupid jet skis had so much work done and they still will not run correct. I am thinking maybe the compression is low. I am having some more stuff checked out on them.

Boat stats.
2003 Bayliner 2152 CU Cuddy Capri. also known as the 210 CU.
21ft. 8.4 ft beam. 18 degree dead rise.
Engine is 5.0/305 Chevy by Mercruiser. 225HP Alpha One Gen 2 outdrive.
Prop is a 14.5 or 14.25 in with 19in Pitch.
She gets on plane about 2600 RPM. top speed is just under 45 MPH.
37 gallons of gas.

I wonder how much gas id save with the EFI kit.

My dads boat on the top left...my uncle who came by one weekend top right. Top pics are in the 90s.

in the shop

Had the decals made online at Boats US.
perfect name combination from my dads Sea Dancer and my club Gunn Runnaz. installing Bimini top also

Labor day look like this for the most part. lol

The shop had my childhood dream boat. This was the boat I wanted back in 1988. Scarab 21ft 5.7 engine. It had race parts on it putting out 575 HP. the mechanic said the outdrive probably blow up lol.

damn jet skis did not make it out again this season....on way to shop
put in the water and they would idle but would cut off on the gas.

labor day weekend....

Map of my travels and the marina for gas.

Rap to the bay...

Neighbors all riding around visiting ...

Noris Bridge Rt 3 Va. Whitestone.

someone ask me if I can ride to DC. it ended up being 160 miles Not sure my boat could take it when we hit the bay..

my house to bay bridge... 125 miles

only one gas can pictured here, but I have two 5 gallons down there and a different rubber anchor and divider.

went out on a windy day. Had 2 to 3 ft chops...boat was seriously rocking...

Last edited by vonstallin; October 27, 2017 at 10:44 PM..
Unread
  (#96)
Meh

October 28, 2017, 09:19 AM

Looks freaking sweet.
Unread
  (#97)
GP Champ

October 28, 2017, 12:07 PM

Sweet!

I grew up around boats on the Chesapeake and lived overlooking the bay. Gave up boats back around 2003 or so after moving to the Shenandoah Valley. The fun to work/travel ratio just became too much for me to want deal with to get onto salt water.

If Southern MD hadn't blown up so much I'd consider a move back there though after a MC ride to Upper Michigan earlier this year I think I could get my water fix on the Great Lakes. Lots of uncrowded areas along the shores up there and off-pavement and offroad motorcycle riding everywhere! Not a bad place to get old.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
4 the Boaters: Inboard OUtboard vs. Outboard Cabin Cruisers..
Unread
  (#98)
GP Racer

4 the Boaters: Inboard OUtboard vs. Outboard Cabin Cruisers.. - October 28, 2017, 02:58 PM

Solid write up. My younger bro bought a waterfront home last August and has one of those go fast boats.... Shit hasn't run for two years. Blows my mind how he can allow that, he has the money, he just is lazy and lacks the ambition, drives me nuts.

Tommy

MSF Graduate 9-25-05
13 DRZ400SM Sold 6-21-16
06 R6 Raven Sold 4-23-15
Unread
  (#99)
Real Men Pedal

October 28, 2017, 07:19 PM

Looking goid, VS. We had our marina fishing tournament today. I hate fishing lol so of course our boat won.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3556.jpeg (103.5 KB, 10 views)
Unread
  (#100)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 30, 2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
Sweet!

I grew up around boats on the Chesapeake and lived overlooking the bay. Gave up boats back around 2003 or so after moving to the Shenandoah Valley. The fun to work/travel ratio just became too much for me to want deal with to get onto salt water.

If Southern MD hadn't blown up so much I'd consider a move back there though after a MC ride to Upper Michigan earlier this year I think I could get my water fix on the Great Lakes. Lots of uncrowded areas along the shores up there and off-pavement and offroad motorcycle riding everywhere! Not a bad place to get old.

Thats the best of both worlds... Lake would be so much easier on the boat also.

I started this plan sorta half assed.
I spent way more than I planed on at first, but as things started coming together I just looked back to when my dads boat was running.

Always putting in the water and pulling out at the end of the day, how much time and energy was needed...

I gave up on boats when my brother died. I figured id need another person to do the whole boat thing, but i was thinking about it how my dad always did it.

You are right about having the convenience/work load to fun factor.

That is why I threw a hail mary and went balls deep and said fuck it... make it easy and fun.

Unread
  (#101)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 30, 2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
Looking goid, VS. We had our marina fishing tournament today. I hate fishing lol so of course our boat won.
I hate fishing also.

Well I should say I like it for a leisure thing to do...but I do not like most of the fish in my area.

I do like Flounder, but it is hard to catch and allot of bones to pick.

I also like catfish. They are new to my area. But I hate to have to skin them.

I should check and see if there is a place down there that dress the fish up.

Right now all my neighbors are Rock fishing.

old building pic....

I took this after trimming the tree's back along the waters edge.

The below deck storage spot to keep my emergency gas. Confidence booster lol.

I now have the gas station mapped out, but even with that they keep some shity hours on weekends.

I just saw my nearest marina is closed on the weekens during fall..
Not sure about the others hours, but this means I have to fill up on week days until probably late spring.

There still are plenty of boats on the water.

Unread
  (#102)
Full spin ahead.

October 31, 2017, 03:21 PM

Nice setup. That's huge for a private dock! Guess the water depth requires it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to scarab  
Unread
  (#103)
Real Men Pedal

October 31, 2017, 04:06 PM

The pier/dock is beautiful.
Unread
  (#104)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 31, 2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarab View Post
Nice setup. That's huge for a private dock! Guess the water depth requires it.
Actually the tide is kinda low since im at the end of a creek. Its as high as 5.5ft/6ft and low tide can be pure mud.
on average id say
high tide 3.5 ft...low tide about 1.5 ft.

It is way over built. The local builders use 8in pylons and thinner boards.
I got a builder from up around this way. He had to put his guys in a hotel to do the build. He is use to building on the potomac and only use 10in and larger pylons and almost double the size in boards.

His price was cheaper than the locals in the end...and using heavier material.
The locals were marking up the boat lifts and charging to install..
so this worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
The pier/dock is beautiful.
Thanks, I loved the way he did it and all the changes on the fly.