DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
1 members and 543 guests
fxc3700
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
9 y/o kid banned from playing baseball for..
Unread
  (#1)
Owner of the Site Owner

9 y/o kid banned from playing baseball for.. - August 25, 2008, 10:29 PM

Pitching too fast... :hammer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Semper Fi

August 25, 2008, 10:34 PM

Is he really 9? I remember a few years ago a what they said 12 year old kid was pitcing for korea or somethin, and was blowin every pitch by. Turned out he was like 15 or 16.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lyman2134  
Unread
  (#3)
Posting Nothing Relevant

August 25, 2008, 11:09 PM

i can understand saying he cant play in that age group of the league, so bump him up to the next group and let him pitch there. its a no brainer really. just like school, when you surpass your peers, take a step up. they're probably holding him back since the kids cant hit the ball anyways. just my opinion.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#4)
This Ain't My First Time!

August 25, 2008, 11:16 PM

Yeah get this instead of motivating the other kids to get on this kids level and challenge the kid that pitches too fast shelter them and tell the pitcher he is too good to pitch anymore. Is this what America has come to, the land of lost competitiveness and competition. I have seen this in so many other arenas!! It is sickeing what we are becoming. A nation of mediocracy and excuses.

I remember when I was in 5th grade the first year I played football. We scrimidged the 6th graders and I complained and CRIED they were too tough and strong and I did not perform to the best of my abilities. My dad who was a high school football coach jumped my ass for being basically a pussy about the whole thing. Yes, I was in the 5th grade. He told me that I had more talent and strength than most of the kids on the field including the 6th graders we scrimidged. The next time we played them I scored 3 touchdowns and ran all over and through them (by the way I was a running back). Who knows if he never did that I may not have competed the rest of the year and I may not have played ball in college and got my college degree in the form of a full ride scholarship. The bottom line is you never know what someone is capable of if you don't push them in the face of adversary. The lesson one learns may be one that can be carried over later in life. If we keep making excuses for our kids when things get a little tough or hard they may never live life to their full potential. We have to stop doing this type of stuff in the name of safety and being politically correct, hell a little tough competition never hurt nobody.

This type of stuff just sickens me.

Okay I am stepping off the soapbox.

OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Last edited by cf3232; August 25, 2008 at 11:20 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Lethal Snake

August 25, 2008, 11:28 PM

"She denied threatening anyone, but says she did call the police"

Frickin moron. I hate taking those calls, from stupid citizens who think the police are there for ridiculous reasons such as that.

/rant
Off soap box

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...d18/cbrpic.jpg 07 Blue/Silver 600RR
Mods: Carbon front fender, 03-06 integrated taillight, Hotbodies flush mount signals, CF "Honda Racing" tank protector, Shogun frame sliders
Unread
  (#6)
opossum puncher

August 26, 2008, 08:26 AM

Kid should jump to a tougher league, if he is that good of a pitcher he is going to need to develop and continue to pitch against better players.

40mph will kick butt in a league full of 10 yo kids, but 11, 12 and 13 yo kids can hit that ball, let him learn control, and how to throw more than just a fast ball.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#7)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

August 26, 2008, 10:54 AM

The article says the league is developmental - is there not a select/travel team in the town? If there is, why isn't he in it? If there isn't, and this league is the only one in town, the other kids are just going to have to toughen up - banning a kid because he's too good is ridiculous.

It seems most sports in our area have several levels or leagues - house/developmental and select/travel. Local youth football has three tiers within the same travel league.

Al Hastings
Unread
  (#8)
Nubbs ban yourself!

August 26, 2008, 02:03 PM

As in motorcycling we get better when we ride with those better.
Those better than us don't always enjoy riding with us for the same reason, they want to be challenged.
My sister is a fast pitch softball pitcher in Texas and the league is very competitive.
You want the best for your team but if there is some way to force the other team to give up their edge I could see them doing it. Is it right, No!
He needs to be challenged but so do the kids he pitches against....

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#9)
TPG - screw face

Thumbs down August 26, 2008, 03:47 PM

i read that article a few days ago...think it's total bullshit.

i hope a coach tells my 6 year old daughter or 4 year old daughter that they can't play soccer cuz they run to fast or kick too hard....

the kid meets all the requirements to play in the league he's in...so y ban him?

perhaps we should ban michael jordan....or michael jackson...hell ban shaq...definitely ban dennis rodman...ban kim kardashian for being super fine....sharon stone, halle barry, angelina jolie, aretha franklin - all ban....ban tiger woods....ban joe montana....definitely ban tom brady..he's young...ban rossi, he makes racing look easy....ban that red headed snowboarder dude shaun something....someone call babe ruth and hank aaron - tell them they are ban....donald trump..ban.....pdiddy - ban.

don't ban the kid cuz he's good....go out and practice more with ur sorry kid

oh yea...does it matter that he's black? i dunno..jus sayin....
Unread
  (#10)
fruta fresca

August 26, 2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway

i hope a coach tells my 6 year old daughter or 4 year old daughter that they can't play soccer cuz they run to fast or kick too hard....

the kid meets all the requirements to play in the league he's in...so y ban him?

perhaps we should ban michael jordan....or michael jackson...hell ban shaq...definitely ban dennis rodman...ban kim kardashian for being super fine....sharon stone, halle barry, angelina jolie, aretha franklin - all ban....ban tiger woods....ban joe montana....definitely ban tom brady..he's young...ban rossi, he makes racing look easy....ban that red headed snowboarder dude shaun something....someone call babe ruth and hank aaron - tell them they are ban....donald trump..ban.....pdiddy - ban.

+1000000000000000000000000000
Unread
  (#11)
This Ain't My First Time!

August 26, 2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway

Is the kid black? I must have missed that.

OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
singin sweet home alabama

August 26, 2008, 11:22 PM

The kid joined the wrong league. If he's that much better than those around him, he's not serving himself or anyone else by being there. Having 1 guy that guarantees a victory every time makes for worthless league.

Bump him to a more advanced league.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#13)
Nubbs ban yourself!

August 27, 2008, 04:55 AM

Is the kid black? I must have missed that.

Here is a pic of him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jericho_Scott.jpg (72.7 KB, 14 views)

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#14)
TPG - screw face

Thumbs down August 27, 2008, 09:45 AM

bump the kid up?

yea let's do that...bump him up to the older kids...then when he takes a line drive in his chest and dies (bigger kids hit harder) or tries to cover homeplate on a pop up and gets mowed over (cuz he's little)....and when he can't swing those bigger bats then we can all say "see...he ain't shit" afterall..hine sight is 20/20....but then he'll get banned from other older league for having too small of a strike zone....

where's the jack off emoticon...
Unread
  (#15)
FASTER

August 27, 2008, 12:19 PM

If this is the only league he can play it at his age then let him play. But if there is different levels of leagues for him to play in and he is just sand bagging then I can see them bumping him up. Don't just ban him. Need more details.
If he is sandbagging that is kinda crappy. When I played little league there were different levels. Huge difference between the bottom and the top leagues. I hate sand baggers. Just like dudes in wera and ccs that know they should be bumped to Expert but try to stay amateur so they can win some races. Those guys are douches.

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO