DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 620
4 members and 616 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929, Sal_the_man, t84a
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Al-Qaida failed plane attack
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Exclamation Al-Qaida failed plane attack - December 25, 2009, 10:57 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airliner_disturbance

ROMULUS, Mich. – A Nigerian man who said he was an agent for al-Qaida tried to blow up a Northwest Airlines plane Friday as it was preparing to land in Detroit, but travelers who smelled smoke and heard what sounded like firecrackers rushed to subdue him, the passengers and federal officials said.
Flight 253 with 278 passengers and 11 crew members aboard was about 20 minutes from the airport when passengers heard popping noises, witnesses said. At least one person climbed over others and jumped on the man. Shortly afterward, the suspect was taken to the front of the plane with his pants cut off and his legs burned, a passenger said.

Well, prepare for air travel, to get get that much tighter.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

December 25, 2009, 11:16 PM

yep, now airport security is gonna be tighter than a __ year old.

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

December 25, 2009, 11:54 PM

Fack letting that guy live...I swear if I'm ever on a plane when this happens and he's anywhere near me I'm going to kill the fool. Rip his eyes out...do my best to break his neck or rip it open.

I'm glad to hear a guy jumped two rows over to take him out.

CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

December 26, 2009, 12:18 AM

It was only a matter of time before they made another move.

Back to 9/11 style airline restrictions. No liquids, no creams, shoes off, no blades, etc. etc.

Sigh....

We really need someone from El-Al airlines to coach us, because no one fucks with Israel's airline.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
2 wheels for life

December 26, 2009, 10:29 AM

sucks for travellers

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Super Moderator

But some people will cry about the new restrictions saying they should have the right not to go through all these rules...

So many people live in a dreamworld..but I guess its all fun and games till someone sitting beside you trying to light a fuse coming out of his pants

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#7)
Super Moderator

But some people will cry about the new restrictions saying they should have the right not to go through all these rules...

So many people live in a dreamworld..but I guess its all fun and games till someone sitting beside you trying to light a fuse coming out of his pants

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#8)
kin
Batman wants my bike

December 26, 2009, 11:01 AM

dammit, this sux

06 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kin  
Unread
  (#9)
GET SOME ! ! !

December 26, 2009, 05:20 PM

haha, a guy climbed over other people/seats to get to him!!!!

kickass dude!!!!

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#10)
Chillin...

December 26, 2009, 07:00 PM

Mother fucking sonsabitches!!!! This is gonna make life soooooooo much more frustrating for those of us that have to travel often for work!!! Thank goodness he was a fucking moron and didn't get it right!! NWA has had some really bad luck lately.

ELITE RACING PIT BITCH
MARRC Cornerworker of the Year 2009
www.marrc.org

Godspeed Bambi...September 11th 2009
Unread
  (#11)
Spike

December 26, 2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-MOTO View Post
Fack letting that guy live...I swear if I'm ever on a plane when this happens and he's anywhere near me I'm going to kill the fool. Rip his eyes out...do my best to break his neck or rip it open.

I'm glad to hear a guy jumped two rows over to take him out.
Remind me not to you off!!!!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#12)
kin
Batman wants my bike

December 27, 2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscastle228 View Post
Mother fucking sonsabitches!!!! This is gonna make life soooooooo much more frustrating for those of us that have to travel often for work!!! Thank goodness he was a fucking moron and didn't get it right!! NWA has had some really bad luck lately.

06 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kin  
Unread
  (#13)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

December 27, 2009, 02:07 AM

Did anyone inform this idiot that 4th of July firecrackers won't blow up a plane?

-Ryan
Unread
  (#14)
Popplers!

December 27, 2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Did anyone inform this idiot that 4th of July firecrackers won't blow up a plane?
They weren't firecrackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=9426532
Officials: Only A Failed Detonator Saved Northwest Flight

Screening Machines May Need to Be Replaced; Al Qaeda Aware of 'Achilles heel'

By RICHARD ESPOSITO and BRIAN ROSS

Dec. 26, 2009 —

Officials now say tragedy was only averted on Northwest flight 253 because a makeshift detonator failed to work properly.
Bomb experts say there was more than enough explosive to bring down the Northwest jet, which had nearly 300 people aboard, had the detonator not failed, and the nation's outdated airport screening machines may need to be upgraded.
"We've known for a long time that this is possible," said Richard Clarke, former counterterrorism czar and ABC News consultant, "and that we really have to replace our scanning devices with more modern systems."
Clarke said full body scans were needed, "but they're expensive and they're intrusive. They invade people's privacy."
Al Qaeda, said Clarke, is aware of this vulnerability in the U.S. airport security system. "They know that this is a weakness and an Achilles' heel in our airport security system and this is the second time they've tried it."
In 2001, would-be "shoe bomber" Richard Reid failed in his attempt to blow up a transatlantic flight with a highly explosive chemical known as PETN. He attempted to light a fuse to his shoe on a December 22 American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami but was subdued by other passengers.
According to investigators, the bomb on Northwest flight 253, which was en route from Amsterdam to Detroit when suspect Umar farouk Abdulmutallab allegedly detonated it, contained more than 80 grams of PETN. The material was allegedly sewn into Abdulmutallab's underwear, and was not detected by airport security.
READ THE CRIMINAL COMPLAINT AGAINST ABDULMUTALLAB HERE
The bomb was built and the plot organized, say U.S. officials, by al Qaeda leaders in Yemen, just north of the capital city of Sanaa.

Suspect Was On Terrorism Watch List

Authorities say the 23-year-old suspect spent months in Yemen being trained for the Christmas Day suicide mission.
Investigators believe Abdulmutallab was connected to al Qaeda by the same radical imam, American-born Anwar Awlaki, who is linked to the American Army major accused of opening fire at Fort Hood in November.
According to investigators, the bomb used yesterday was built in Yemen by a top al Qaeda bomb maker.
Northwest Airlines flight 253 -- operated on a Delta airplane - was getting ready to land in Detroit just before noon Friday when "a passenger caused a disturbance," said Delta spokeswoman Susan Chana Elliott. The man, later identified as Abdulmutallab, was trying to ignite when was initially reported as firecrackers.
According to the criminal complaint filed against Abudlmutallab, he boarded KLM Flight 588 from Lagos, Nigeria and transferred to Northwest Flight 253 at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam.
Prior to the incident, Abdulmutallab went to the bathroom for about 20 minutes. Upon returning to his seat, Abdulmutallab said he had an upset stomach, and pulled a blanket over himself.
Passengers then heard popping noises similar to firecrackers and smelled an odor. Some saw Abdulmutallab's pants leg and the wall of the airplane on fire. Passengers and crew then subdued Abdulmutallab and used blankets and fire extinguishers to put out the flames.
A passenger apparently saw the suspect holding what a partially melted and smoking syringe. The passenger took the syringe, shook it to stop it from smoking and threw it to the floor. Dutch filmmaker Jasper Schuringa has been identified in the media as a passenger who subdued Mutallab.
Abdulmutallab, who flew from Nigeria to Amsterdam and then Detroit, was taken into custody at the Detroit airport and was interviewed by authorities there. He was then taken to an area hospital to be treated for burns.
Abdulmutallab was on a terrorism watch list, but not on a no-fly list. Said Clarke, "So once again, we have the U.S. government, as in the case of the Fort Hood attacks, knowing about someone, knowing that they were suspicious, but that information didn't get to the right people in time."