DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 186
2 members and 184 guests
2blueyam, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
ALERT! Missing Child!
Unread
  (#1)
Agitator

ALERT! Missing Child! - January 26, 2007, 11:15 AM

Some of you have probably seen this on the news, but a friend of mine's daughter and her friend are missing (since last friday). Rachel Crites's father is a coworker and friend of mine, and I would like to get the word out for people to be on the lookout for her, her friend (Rachel Smith) or her car (details in poster)

Please cross post this to other forums if you would like, contact details are on the poster.

Below is the text of an email Troy sent out to our company, containing some additional information

Quote:
Update
I know many people are concerned for Rachel, and wondering what news we have. Frankly, at this point, we have none. The police have no real solid leads. It has been a week since the last contact with either Rachel. Any 'reported sightings' that were reported in the news have been run to ground, and have not yielded any real leads. There is a large team of very dedicated detectives from the Montgomery County Police and especially their Family Crimes Division, the FBI, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), and police from many Jurisdictions across the country working to find them. The girls are posted on the NCMEC Website http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet, and America's Most Wanted (where they are to be featured Saturday night) http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=42845 - and either site can take anonomous tips. There are two groups in Facebook ('Come Home Rachel Crites', and "We Miss You Rachels" - that have nearly 2000 members between them from Colleges and High Schools across the county - that are also helping to get the information out. But we have no real information on the girls whereabouts - and given a car, some cash, and a week, they could be most anywhere in the US. (If it were me, I'd be headed some where warmer….). I wish I had better news to pass on, but that leads me to my plea.
Plea
We need your continued support. If you can think of a place to send the poster - PLEASE DO. We need someone to spot the girls and report their location. The car is very identifiable - a Dark Blue 1997 Subaru Outback with a large gray roof luggage-rack with Maryland Tag MBJ-485. One option is Trucking Companies - their drivers are on the road all the time - but there are literally hundreds to try to cover. (C. R. England has already sent it to their dispatchers..but we are looking for others.) Anybody have Postal connections? - Postal Workers drive every street, every day. One thing for sure, each of us has a large list of email contacts, and they each again have a long list. The power of the Internet is significant, and all I can ask, is that we use it to try to help locate 'The Rachels'. If there are any you have not already sent a poster to, or you have other ideas to pursue, our family would greatly appreciate the support.
Thank you again for all your support already - both in you thoughts and prayers and support in getting the word out.
If you see them or have any information, please CALL: 301-279-8000 or 240-773-5400
Troy Crites

link to poster: http://www.dcsportbikes.net/gallery/...el_poster2.jpg

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)

Last edited by birdman; January 26, 2007 at 11:18 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#2)
DAS BOOT

January 26, 2007, 11:24 AM

This breaks my heart to see and I hope they are alright. Will definitely keep an eye out.

Wow. Just..................wow.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
singin sweet home alabama

January 26, 2007, 12:20 PM

Posted to the other local forums I visit. The 19th was a week ago... that's a long time to be missing. Did they pack anything?

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#4)
Red Sox Nation

January 26, 2007, 12:25 PM

Shit man, I'll defenitely keep an eye out... that's gotta be terrible to be the parents.

Yankees Suck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to -yz-  
Unread
  (#5)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 2, 2007, 05:37 PM

B-B can you update this? I have heard they found the car with 2 bodies inside on rt9 in Loudoun county near WV? I hope this isn't them but dosen't look good.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#6)
Ballaugh Bridge

February 2, 2007, 06:00 PM

LCSO has been in the area of Shady Lane and Crest Lane off Rt 9 since about 2:30pm today. CIS units and the chaplain were there.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

February 2, 2007, 06:38 PM

... terrible
Unread
  (#8)
Watch out kid! I'm in 1st

February 2, 2007, 11:02 PM

Saw on the news about the car being found on the border of Loudon County Va and Jefferson County WV. Haven't released the ids yet but it's not looking good. Sorry for the familes lost.

06 Kawi 650R Black

Last edited by Ant650R; February 3, 2007 at 07:21 PM..
Unread
  (#9)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

February 3, 2007, 01:34 PM

I heard tey wear near the WVA and VA boarder sorry to hear
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#10)
Agitator

February 3, 2007, 03:33 PM

damn....a sad story now even more sad.

my heart goes out to her family, thanks everyone here for your kind comments, when the time is appropriate, I'll let troy know the kind words expressed here.

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#11)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
February 3, 2007, 05:01 PM

Lets get old sparky tuned up for whoever did this. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

February 3, 2007, 06:00 PM

B-Birdman let your friend know thats his family and the other girls family are both in our prayers. Its always sad when a life is cut short by tragedy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to java927  
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

February 3, 2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
Lets get old sparky tuned up for whoever did this. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
It may have been them, from what I've read. Very sad, my heart goes out to the families touched by this.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 3, 2007, 07:19 PM

Loudoun County, Virginia- Two missing Maryland teens were found deceased Friday afternoon in a rural section of Western Loudoun County.

Loudoun County Sheriff’s Investigators have confirmed that the two victims are 16-year-old Rachel Smith and 18-year-old Rachel Crites. The two teens were located inside a vehicle that was registered to the Crites family.

Sheriff’s Deputies were called to a rural section of Loudoun County near the West Virginia line around 2:15 PM today for a report of a suspicious vehicle. The Subaru wagon was discovered by some people who were four-wheeling in the area. Sheriff’s Deputies later confirmed that the vehicle, a dark blue 1997 Subaru Outback station wagon, was the same car that had been tied to the missing teens.

The vehicle was located along a power line easement near the area of Shady Lane off of Route 9. Both of the females were found inside the car. The two teens were last seen on January 19th and were supposed to be going to see a movie in Georgetown. Montgomery County Detectives from the Family Crimes Division began a search for the two teens and considered them endangered.

The Sheriff’s Office and the Office of the Medical Examiner in Fairfax County continue to investigate their cause of death.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#15)
Got my Permit

February 3, 2007, 09:55 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...86.html?sub=AR

very sad