DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 163
2 members and 161 guests
GRN96WS6, legendindisguise
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#46)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

March 1, 2013, 11:51 AM

Spud made a funny.

well done

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#47)
TPG og

March 1, 2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
i show respect by flicking cigarette butts! lol
I've had friends get DUIs and pot possession charges from flicking the cigarette butts out the window.

Field strip = stay out of jail.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#48)
Meh

March 1, 2013, 12:34 PM

Sad to see anyone get shot in the head that didn't deserve it. Doesn't mean they deserve anymore respect, attention, or pity than any other person that didn't deserve that fate.
Unread
  (#49)
What are we doing here???

March 1, 2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFiddyOne View Post
Being a lawman in this town has gotten dangerous as of late. First, the motor officer in Prince William, the Alexandria officer yesterday, the Fairfax officer involved in a crash late last night, the TWO PG guys last year that died in seperate vehicle accidents....Crazy stuff!
Ok, it is starting to get a bit absurd now....

Maryland state troopers injured by drunken driver - WTOP.com

Beauty and The Beast

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Unread
  (#50)
Track Day addict

March 1, 2013, 01:43 PM

I don't think Alexandria's police or police in general are tax collectors. There are probably some cities, jurisdictions, or individual officers that are an exception to this, but it is a minority. Just as we don't all want to by judged by the worst motorcycle riders, don't judge all police by the worst of them either.

The NYPD sure aren't tax collectors unless all those that died after running into the WTC on Sept 11 were trying to give the airlines tickets for improper landing. The NYC harbor patrol police that gave my brother in law a safe ride from Battery Park City over to NJ on that sad day were not collecting any taxes either. I am guessing the Alexandria police would risk their lives to help people in dangerous situations as well.

How about getting drunk drivers off the road? Yeah, that isn't protecting anyone. We should let everyone drive around drunk and kill people with their 5000 lb SUV weapons.

I live in and frequently drive around Alexandria City and I see very few speed traps set here by the City Police. On the rare occasion when I do see them, they are in places that I see people going a lot faster than the should be. My criteria for this has nothing to do with speed limits and everything to do with safety. I am pretty sure they have tagged me doing 7-8 over in 30-35 mph zones. They didn't even move or look at me as I went past. They are looking for the drivers truly being unsafe an endangering the folks that live here. That is their job and I think they do it well.

It is very sad that this officer got shot and severely injured serving the citizens of Alexandria, Virginia and all who pass through, live or work in Alexandria.

Dale - 2004 SV 650 track, 2003 R1 track, 2007 Tuono
Unread
  (#51)
B
It goes to 11.

March 1, 2013, 02:12 PM

I LOL'ed at 5000lb SUV weapons. Multiple studies show sleepy drivers are far more lethal with their "5000lb SUV weapons" but that isn't a political platform... just a statistical fact. Don't ever hear anything about deadly sleepy drivers though.

Many people ran into the World Trade Center buildings, a small percentage of them were policemen. Being a policeman isn't what made any of those people heroes, it's how they treated and valued their fellow man.

He wasn't serving any citizens. He was pulling someone over for a minor traffic infraction in order to directly fund the county in a growing cycle of policing the public by increasing the revenues and consequently the size of the force.

Heh, yea I know, quotas don't exist.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; March 1, 2013 at 02:14 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#52)

March 1, 2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blueyam View Post
I don't think Alexandria's police or police in general are tax collectors. There are probably some cities, jurisdictions, or individual officers that are an exception to this, but it is a minority. Just as we don't all want to by judged by the worst motorcycle riders, don't judge all police by the worst of them either.
I feel the same way about the ones in my area. If you see a setup, it is becuase residents have complained about people speeding. Any other time, they leave you alone. I was pulled over for coming out of my neighborhood too fast once and when the dude asked me for my license, I freaking left my wallet on the kitchen counter. Being stupid on the bike with no ID is always a mix for trouble but dude chewed me out and sent me on my way without the tax collection and I respect him for it. State Police - different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post

He wasn't serving any citizens. He was pulling someone over for a minor traffic infraction in order to directly fund the county in a growing cycle of policing the public by increasing the revenues and consequently the size of the force.
Two questions with that statement. 1. How do you know what he was pulling over the dude for or if he was even going to get a ticket. 2. Even he was going to write the guy a ticket, does that justify him taking a round in the head becuase of it?

Beauty and The Beast

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Unread
  (#53)
B
It goes to 11.

March 1, 2013, 02:47 PM

1 - A Lt. came on ABC News 4 and said he initiated a traffic stop.
2 - I don't justify any part of his getting shot. I also don't justify the current trend of policing which has nothing to do with protecting or serving despite their moto. Police tickets HAVE been shown to have a direct corollary to city and country budget needs, it's easy to hand out fines because "they all deserved them", in order to pad the county budget without committing political suicide by raising taxes.

Nothing to do with protecting and serving, everything to do with taxation style budgeting. When you're a tax collector I have a lot less grace for you. Traffic cops aren't heroes, they collect taxes, motorcycle cops bring in more revenue per officer than anyone.

No one cries when someone from the IRS get's whacked. The point: He's not some martyr or hero, he just pulled over the wrong guy.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#54)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

March 1, 2013, 02:50 PM

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.

Last edited by hokierider; March 1, 2013 at 03:00 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#55)

March 1, 2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
No one cries when someone from the IRS get's whacked. The point: He's not some martyr or hero, he just pulled over the wrong guy.
And with that, I'm officially speechless. We can close this thread now.

Beauty and The Beast

Unread
  (#56)
B
It goes to 11.

March 1, 2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFiddyOne View Post
And with that, I'm officially speechless. We can close this thread now.
We, as a society, have traditionally held the lives of the honourable men of the police force to be something more than that of a person of another profession that is not (as) honourable because of the protection and service offered in the profession.

Over time the attitude of the police force has changed from honourable (the protection and service of the citizenry) to the dubious (enforcement and over-enforcement of common and even trivial law) with dire and costly consequences for even small infractions. Much of this has been driven by growing budgetary requirements within the county or city, and the police force have become an active and real revenue/income stream (ie - quotas) for many communities, and effectively a political asset.

You may be surprised that I don't valuate their lives above the lives of the common man like you do, but frankly I see very little honourable in being a traffic cop.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#57)
GP Champ

March 1, 2013, 03:27 PM

Sucks that he got shot but that is part of the dangers of being a cop. He chose the profession and the dangers that came with it. I am not condoning shooting police however to make this some kind of "OMFG CAN YOU BELIEVE A COP GOT SHOT....OH THE HORROR!" um his life is NOT any more important then a normal citizen. Sorry but police do NOT protect, and are simply a reactionary force when it comes to crimes. Let's take traffic enforcement for example, if police truly were there to "PROTECT" the public then when setting up radar they would NOT be trying to hide, but instead would be as visible as possible to try and "slow down" the public to a "safer" speed. Instead they hide, park with lights off in the middle of the road or on the shoulder to "hide" to catch people who are speeding instead of trying to prevent it. If anything they make driving more unsafe by hiding where they are only seen at the last second thus making people slam on their damn brakes causing a chain reaction of retards slowing to 20 under the speed limit. How is it that I can get a ticket for parking on the side of the road with my lights off because I am then a danger to other drivers, yet they do the exact same thing yet it is acceptable?
Unread
  (#58)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

March 1, 2013, 03:31 PM

'No More Hesitation' by William Norman Grigg

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#59)
No more 1050 :(

March 3, 2013, 11:03 AM

Most cops aren't bad because they do bad things themselves.. most cops are bad because they refuse to prosecute their own who do bad things. They continue to defend the undefendable with bullshit excuses like stress of the job and self-protection. It is an extremely rare occasion when a cop will be badmouthed by his own, THAT is the problem.