DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
2 members and 537 guests
GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Aliens Prequel Plot Details (SPOILERS)
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Aliens Prequel Plot Details (SPOILERS) - April 6, 2011, 05:53 PM

This should be cool if Scott is going in this direction.
Remember, the Aliens in their true form don't necessarily look the way we know them too look. We have never seen their true from - we have only seem them as hybrids (Human hybrid, Predator hybrid) who take on the appearance and elements of their host's DNA and physiology if the "face sucker" laid eggs inside them.

So if they're finally going into the origins of the Space Jockey from Alien (One), these aliens are going to be HUGE! Like Na'vi sized huge.

Possible plot details have emerged for Ridley Scott’s ‘Prometheus’ that may finally reveal how the film is connected to the ‘Alien’ franchise.

For several years, Ridley Scott has been developing Prometheus behind a nearly impenetrable wall of secrecy. What began as a straightforward prequel to his seminal 1979 film Alien has evolved into something far more interesting, complex, and ambiguous.

Cast members Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender have confirmed that Prometheus is definitely connected to the previous films in the franchise, but Scott himself has remained decidedly noncommittal regarding just how strong that connection will be.

Personally, I think he just doesn’t like the stigma that might be associated with the word “prequel” and is attempting to persuade audiences to check any preconceived notions or expectations at the door. Until now, it seemed pretty clear that this was a story that took place before the events in Scott’s original film, but probably had no direct ties to it.
According to a trusted source of the site MarketSaw, that might not be the case. They’ve shared some details that reveal exactly how Prometheus fits into the Alien franchise and although some of the information that’s included gels with previous reports and rumors, it should still be taken with a grain of salt for the time being.

If what follows turns out to be accurate, then be aware that there are some pretty significant third act spoilers included. If you want to go into Prometheus without knowing too much about what to expect, then you should probably stop reading now.

[POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOLLOW]

For starters, this report reaffirms two plot points that have already been rumored: 1) the Space Jockeys will factor into the film somehow and 2) the Alien xenomorphs will make an appearance (possibly sporting a brand new look). Although Prometheus might spend most of its running time completely independent from the other Alien films, it sounds like the final moments are heavily centered around a key aspect of the first movie – right down to an exact replica of the original Space Jockey spaceship set:

Ridley Scott’s sci-fi movie, currently going by the name Prometheus, is going to be a very large and intense story, with a scope that is epic, the final act is where the movie switches gears and shifts into Aliens territory. Pinewood houses an exact replica of the H R Giger Space Jockey command post. You may notice in the original Alien that the Space Jockey had a puncture on its considerably large chest, where the xenomorph broke out through the flesh of the creature and broke through the biomechanical armor it wears. You may also notice how big the Space Jockey is in relation to its human counter parts in the film. So imagine how big the baby must be, which is yet to grow. Then imagine quite a few of these. If you can do that, you got a pretty good grasp on the final act.

The source goes on to confirm that in addition to their considerable size, these xenomorphs will differ quite extensively from their predecessors in other ways as well:

And do not be expecting the traditional look either, these are very different creatures that will keep the general architecture of the xenomorph, but will have a considerably different look, and do very perverse things.

That last part immediately inspires some fairly disturbing mental images, doesn’t it? However, before Prometheus relishes in its third act carnage, Scott will evidently be attempting to redefine what a contemporary blockbuster is capable of:

However, before all of this I hear that the story is not only reminiscent of 2001, but is also trying to push the boundaries of what a modern tent pole science fiction movie could be. This is all I can share, but trust me, you seriously need to start being excited about this project, because not only is this I am assured, not nostalgia for nostalgia reasons, but a whole new spin on that old chestnut … The story is a very closely guarded secret in Hollywood, and while it is not a direct prequel “officially” it has more than just passing ties towards the Alien saga’s canon. You will have all the things that worked in the Alien canon, and very new and fresh and some controversial ideas presented, sexuality is dealt with quite directly. There may even be a robot or two. And the ship, which I am told is the current titles name, Prometheus. Highly original, both in concept and design I hear.

[END SPOILERS]

Again, this all seems to be in line with previous statements we’ve heard regarding the film’s plot and this might turn out to be legitimate. MarketSaw‘s source acknowledges that Fox is preparing to spread a great deal of misinformation about Prometheus in the coming months to help keep audiences in the dark. However, the circumstances that lead to him receiving this information have left him fairly confident that this is not a part of that campaign.

Honestly, I think this is all sounds pretty intriguing and it seems to tie back to some of the earliest concepts we heard after the project was announced. As for all of those red herrings that the studio is apparently set to release upon us, I know Michael Bay did something similar while he was making the second Transformers movie, but that seems like a rather dubious strategy – especially if one of the fake plots winds up being more exciting and innovative than what actually hits theaters.

Whether this information turns out to be true or not, Prometheus is already a must see film as far as I’m concerned. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a return to form for Ridley Scott and that it really does push the notion of a summer blockbuster into uncharted waters.

Prometheus is scheduled to hit theaters on June 8 ,2012.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

April 6, 2011, 05:59 PM

Oh sweet, I loved these movies and always wanted to know about that big alien skeleton there in the photo!

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Eddie would go ...

April 6, 2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Oh sweet, I loved these movies and always wanted to know about that big alien skeleton there in the photo!
you perv...

"The space-jockey embodies H.R. Giger's favourite themes: death, sex and disgust, with bones becoming melded to technology. He seems to be some sort of gunner or telescope operator - yet in the production sketch the projecting tube is pointing only at what appears to be light in a curved wall, with no means either of firing out or of viewing the stars. If it is a window, it has as narrow an aperture as any archer had to contend with in medieval times.

In addition, the fuselage of the 'cannon' is not only phallic but directing out from the space-jockey's hip area; we seem to come across the huge creature in a Pompeii-like moment of lonely sexual activity, frozen by the advent of the xenomorph that has burst out of its chest. It's a poetic image, and it might take a bit of a plot-hack to give it a practical slant."

Heist, for your amusement: The plot-obstacles to an Alien prequel - Den of Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.

Last edited by Dutch; April 6, 2011 at 09:01 PM..
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

April 6, 2011, 09:20 PM

^^^Lots of good questions and potential plot conflicts posed in that article, Dutch. Thanks.

If they can cohesively bring together a movie and plot line that answers:
- The origins and purpose of the Aliens
- Who/what the Space Jockey was and their race

I'd be happy. Just please - for the love of god - do not make it the cerebral, slow, plodding movie that Aliens 3 was.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

April 6, 2011, 09:41 PM

Interesting. Because I have heard that the Alien creatures were created by the Predators for training purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

April 6, 2011, 09:47 PM

^^^The Predators captured and bred some of the Aliens for training purposes.

Unread
  (#7)
Flight Risk

April 6, 2011, 10:09 PM

cool stuff, im interested to see what will happen

Next... R1
11' GSXR 750 (stolen)
09' CBR 600RR (sold)
08' GSXR 750 (sold)
07' CBR 600RR (R.I.P)

Maybe I will stop next time.
Unread
  (#8)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 1, 2011, 08:10 PM

Footage for RidleyScott's newest sci-fi film was shown at SanDiego's Comic-Con, and has finally made it's way online. Click the jump for a sneak peek.
Synopsis- Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life’s ultimate mystery.

Wait one second! Where are my Charlize Theron naked push-ups? This is a travesty! Someone call the police because I was just robbed of naked push-ups. The horror!

Since I got that off my chest, let's focus on the images. With drool coming down my chin and a goofy smile plastered on my face, I feel confident in saying, Ridley Scott is bringing the heat. The guy hasn't done a sci-fi movie since 1982's classic Blade Runner, and now he comes back with this! Oh baby this looks good, and you just know the video footage of this is bound to be coming any day now. Can't wait!

Click Image to Enlarge

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#9)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 1, 2011, 08:10 PM

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

August 1, 2011, 10:24 PM

^^Fuck yea! Looks good. Finally something to remove the vividly disgusting memory of Aliens 3 & 4 out of my mind.

Unread
  (#11)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 19, 2011, 05:23 PM

sneak peak...

Unread
  (#12)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 19, 2011, 05:24 PM

Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

December 19, 2011, 05:39 PM

I am excited for this. I'm glad they took the extra time to flush out a good script.

Unread
  (#14)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 23, 2011, 01:46 AM

long awaited trailer is here....and it have the feel of the original ALIEN franchise...
You can Feel Gieger's work in the design of the sets.

Prometheus - Official Trailer [TRUE HD] - YouTube

Unread
  (#15)
Your Ad Here

March 17, 2012, 11:03 PM

No longer an Aliens prequel. There was a major script revision. This will essentially be a stand alone movie that happens to include some elements familiar to the Aliens series, but will have nothing to do with the Aliens story line .

I am no longer as excited ....

Ridley Scott Full Prometheus Trailer Unveils Plot and Small Beginnings | TheHDRoom

Last edited by Heist; March 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM..