DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 489
1 members and 488 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
All inclusive vacation ideas for Feb?
Unread
  (#1)
Traction Control

All inclusive vacation ideas for Feb? - November 6, 2012, 07:07 PM

My girl and I are planning vacation for the first week in Feb. We want all inclusive, and we want it to be somewhere warm.

What are some good deals, or where should I look for some good deals? Give me ideas

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#2)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

November 6, 2012, 08:14 PM

I've done Turks and Caicos. You would have to stay on the resort. (Beaches by Sandals.) Nice beach. But the rest of the island was a bit dodgy. We took a tour by car. Definitely places I wasn't getting out of it. Personally I won't be returning.

I did like Cozumel. That was nice. And if the water was rough, go to the leeward side and enjoy the beach there.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#3)
Quit moving!

November 6, 2012, 08:55 PM

Dominican Republic. or Cancun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patient View Post
Really Snipes? Thats how you get down??

I got $1000 on Snipes being the best at this shit!!

Who wanna put a stack up against that? Who the fuck is Snipes' competition?

That motherfucker through in some flat asses for 5150 then told him to stfu and enjoy!

Man Snipes is the Mike Jordan of this shit!!

This threads stock just rose like a SOB!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Traction Control

November 6, 2012, 08:57 PM

Yea the astholes suggested DR. That's high on the list at the moment.

More trying to find the places to get a good deal at the moment

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#5)
This Space for Sale

November 6, 2012, 08:59 PM

All Inclusive Vacations, Resorts, and Vacation Packages | Cheap Caribbean

Used it twice before.

Riviera maya all inclusive.
Last trip was 2 of us for $1600 for 7days (6 nights) with flight.

009 CBR 600RR
Street

2003 R6
Track

CLICK Track and Bike Vids

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; November 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM..
Unread
  (#6)
Eddie would go ...

November 6, 2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
I've done Turks and Caicos. You would have to stay on the resort. (Beaches by Sandals.) Nice beach. But the rest of the island was a bit dodgy. We took a tour by car. Definitely places I wasn't getting out of it. Personally I won't be returning.

I did like Cozumel. That was nice. And if the water was rough, go to the leeward side and enjoy the beach there.
Hmm... I had a villa on the south side bay, right by Dick Clark's place.....nothing dodgy at all..nor was the north side with the marina and governor's mansion...

Shopped at the local markets - no issues

The again, I'm not an all inclusive fan

Check with Castle, he has a hot tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#7)
Traction Control

November 6, 2012, 09:08 PM

yee casthole gave me the dish.

We like the all inclusive shit. Not looking to wander around or see "the real" whatever place we go to. We'd prefer to eat and drink ourselves to oblivion on the resort

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#8)
On vacation

November 6, 2012, 09:47 PM

Subscribed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
Unread
  (#9)
Mojito Anyone?

November 7, 2012, 06:36 AM

come to mehico with me bish

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#10)
Elite Racing

November 7, 2012, 07:07 AM

Watch Turks & Caicos, last we knew, there was a "boil water" type issue in effect. Granted, that was 6+ months ago, though. It's still high on the list of places for Sara and I to try out.

Something that we've learned, luckily, not from personal experience. When booking the inclusive spots, especially in the DR, you get what you pay for. The cheaper resorts will have less options for food, less experienced chef's, etc. We have heard horror stories from people who saw hot dogs at many of their meals used in many types of dishes at the cheaper joints.

The Melia properties are a great option. They have locations all around the world and have multiple "Paradisus" resorts in the DR.

Our most recent trip to the DR several weeks ago was to Paradisus Palma Real, a sister property to where we've been in the past (Paradisus Punta Cana). When we go back, we're going to Palma Real. Don't get me wrong, we absolutely love the staff at Punta Cana and we feel like family there, but Palma Real won on many other levels. The resort was more compact, which led to us being able to walk everywhere, lack of trams which meant no stinky exhausts or rattling of the cars going up and down the resort paths and just about everything being in close proximity to our room. Also, the buildings, lobby and rooms were much more elegant. But, being the resort was more compact, meant less real estate, which meant less number of restaurants (7 total compared to 11 at PC). Even though there were fewer places to eat, the food was MUCH better. It wasn't the difference between McD's and Ruth Chris, more like Cheesecake Factory and Ruth Chris. Food at PC was good, for the most part, but food at PR was fantastic. There's no shortage of grub at either place with 24 hour room service, either. Oh, and be prepared for lots of sweets. They LOVE desserts. We love the staff at PC, but the staff at PR was on another level....from the Royal Service staff & management, to our butlers and to the bartenders & wait staff.

Liquor, one other thing we noticed at PR is that there was more of a liquor selection. At PC, stuff like Grey Goose could be purchased separately. But at PR, they had Jager, Goose, Hennessy and some killer rum, Cubaney (regular and 15 year reserve). Oh, and a tip...hit Duty Free in CLT/ATL/MIA on your way out of the country and pick up a bottle of your favorite stuff to keep in your room for pre-dinner drinks and night caps. The wet bars in the rooms are okay, but usually limited, liquor wise.

One last thing, if you do a Paradisus/Melia resort, spring for the Royal Service. Private beach area, private pool, private bars, NO KIDS, and usually a Royal Service Lounge area with food, drinks, computers for internet access, butlers at your service and Royal Service staff to make your dinner reservations for you.

Edit - February is their busy time, so rates will be higher. Slow season usually starts late May and runs through November, so that's when you'll find the cheaper prices.

We've heard good stuff about the Hard Rock resort there, but price wise, it's comparable to the Paradisus properties and doesn't offer Royal Service (I don't think).

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed

Last edited by Castle; November 7, 2012 at 07:18 AM..
Unread
  (#11)
Mojito Anyone?

November 7, 2012, 10:34 AM

Ball outta control.. wife and I were here in May...

Los Cabos Mexico Luxury Beach Resorts | Las Ventanas al Paraiso | Cabo San Lucas Spa Resorts

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#12)
fo shizzle

November 7, 2012, 10:51 AM

St. Lucia is amazing, there are a few really good all-inclusive options there and Groupon/Living Social have pretty good deals there pretty frequently. Would go back there in a heartbeat.

Eastern Mexico - Mexican Riviera/Cancun/Cozumel- is pretty nice and good deals are to be had. Western Mexico...not so much. Just too iffy right now.

Jamaica - a few really nice resorts but don't bargain hunt there, you will get what you pay for, and less. Not a fan, kind a cesspool in general imho.

Puerto Rico - not many all-inclusives but really nice.

DR - like Mexico, you get what you pay for mostly but good deals can be found.

Tags
sex resort