DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 584
1 members and 583 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

September 18, 2005, 10:42 AM

As some of you already know, i had the pleasure of having 4 wisdom teeth removed on friday morning. My two lowers were fully grown in, and thats where the expected problems might occur. Turns out that wasnt the case at all. My uppers were firmly entrenched in my sinus cavity and caused all sorts of problems for my surgeon. He had to "rebuild the sinus floor" using collagen and suturing the holes. GOODTIMES!!!

Suprisingly, friday night i had little to no swelling and very little pain. Thank you percocet and 600ml of ibuprofen cocktails. But today, Sunday morning there is swelling, mad pain and the reimmergence of blood. WEAK! I wont be going to work anytime soon

I firgured I'd create this thread and ask u to share your memories of wisdom. Horror stories? Smooth sailing? etc etc.

Now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go drool blood and take more narcotic cocktails.

B~

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
i like to make toilet

September 18, 2005, 01:18 PM

yeah getting ur wisdoms pulled sucks...i got that done 10 yrs ago and i can still remember the pain from it!!!! ughhhhh
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Happiness Consultant

September 18, 2005, 02:35 PM

got mine pulled when i was 21, took me three days to realize the pain meds were making me more sick then anything. stopped taking them and I was fine.

word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#4)
Quack quack!

September 18, 2005, 02:44 PM

I still have mine and I will be damned if they are going anywhere.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

September 18, 2005, 03:08 PM

I got mine pull out about 3 months ago and dayummmmmm that shyt hurt!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#6)
Ballaugh Bridge

September 18, 2005, 05:34 PM

I got mine pulled out before I left the Marine Corps. One tooth had to come out in pieces. Just before taking a nap right after surgery I took one percocet so I wouldn't get woken up from pain. I never really felt what I would call pain and didn't bother taking any more meds. I usually won't even bother with an aspirin for a headache.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#7)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

September 18, 2005, 05:41 PM

Had mine done about 10 years ago, I ended up smoking reefer for like a week straight, pain was dullened considerably.
Unread
  (#8)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

September 18, 2005, 07:24 PM

I had mine pulled out maybe 5 years ago, and no big problems. I enjoyed the codine and rested for about a day or two, then went off to party. Not a good idea on antibiotics, but it made me feel the alcohol faster. I think mine got a little infected, but I just kept rinsing with peroxide and everything is fine. No big pain, no major problems. For those who have not had yours out yet, it isn't always a horror story.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#9)
A girl must have her toys

September 18, 2005, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy
I got mine pulled out before I left the Marine Corps. One tooth had to come out in pieces. Just before taking a nap right after surgery I took one percocet so I wouldn't get woken up from pain. I never really felt what I would call pain and didn't bother taking any more meds. I usually won't even bother with an aspirin for a headache.
Them damn Navy Dentist love taking our wisdom teeth out don't they? I had mine taken out right before I got out of active duty too.

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#10)
MSF Student

September 18, 2005, 08:17 PM

True True, Navy dentists like removing wisdom teeth. They did mine while I was in tech school. No problem, in fact the dentist did mine without any anesthetics. The second was a little painful when he started to cut and break it out. However I experienced no pain after words and went right back to class. I can say that the little bit of pain from that wasn't anything as bad as my knee. I had to deal with it for 4 years before they finally fixed it 6 months before I got out. BTW my IRR is done, Iím free!
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

September 18, 2005, 10:53 PM

I got mine pulled about 10 year ago... All 4, and i got knocked out for it... Had swelling issues for the first couple of days, but no problems after that. I rinsed with 1/2 listerine and 1/2 hyrdogen peroxide to make sure it wouldn't get infected. I'm a smoker, and kept hearing horror stories about "dry sockets" but never had to experience them first-hand...

2001 GSXR 1000 (The bike that lit the afterburner on the liter class world)
2012 Monster 1100 Evo
2003 Yamaha YZFR6 (track only)

mmm... carbon fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One Ever
Awesome Prius!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to skwidrific Send a message via AIM to skwidrific  
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

September 19, 2005, 05:46 AM

Ditto the anesthesia... doc stuck an IV line in me and said go ahead and look out the window when he added the sleepy stuff. Only thing I remember is waking up with my mouth full of gauze pads and feeling like I got hit by a bus from the anesthesia, if you can get put under that's the ticket.
Unread
  (#13)
BOHICA

September 19, 2005, 08:19 AM

Got mine done before I went into the Navy. Didn't feel like getting a boot imprint on my chest.

I went all out and had laughing gas and was knocked out cold. There was no way I wanted to be awake while I felt someone cutting and knocking my jaw around to try and get those teeth out. And don't try fighting off the sleep either, it is a losing battle.

A little bit of swelling on one side afterwards, and moderate pain that kept me from eating anything remotely crunchy or requiring a lot of chewing. However, do not attempt to eat pudding a few hours afterwards, especially if the local anesthetics have not wore off yet. I think more pudding was on me than in me.

And I realized why the doctor I went to had a back door out of the operating room. So the patients who were either waiting to go under or looking to see what would end up being done don't see the aftermath of the surgury.

AJ

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#14)
Retired to most ...

September 19, 2005, 08:28 AM

Never had them pulled but I have had the two pulled out right next to them (one on the top and one on the bottom). Since my mom was a dental assistant for 23 years I got all the good shit for the gas to the shots to the pain meds!!! Woke up, spit blood for a few hours and I was back on my feet being the same jackass Johnny 2 days later once all the swelling was gone.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

September 19, 2005, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POYITA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy
Them damn Navy Dentist love taking our wisdom teeth out don't they? I had mine taken out right before I got out of active duty too.
Dental readiness is a beyotch. They see a hint of a wisdom tooth and they are yanking em. What happens if that sucker is impacted while you are 1000 miles out at sea? You'd have to deal with a corpsman and you know how messed up they are
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Busamac70