DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 586
7 members and 579 guests
BigDaddyShoo, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man, scarab, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Runners & Walkers: Join our Group for a 5K for Colon Cancer Awareness - March 24th
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

Thumbs up Runners & Walkers: Join our Group for a 5K for Colon Cancer Awareness - March 24th - March 1, 2007, 07:05 AM

I just wanted to call to your attention a great opportunity to both keep up with your New Year's Resolutions and to help a cause very close to some of our hearts. Last year my father was diagnosed with Colon Cancer and thankfully I am proud to report that thanks to early detection, a fighting spirit, a great hospital, and a tough and incredibly supportive wife, Dr. William F. Coughlin won his battle with Colon Cancer and is today both healthy and in remission.

On the morning of March 24, 2007, I hope you will consider joining "Coughlin's Crew," a running team we’re assembling to honor colon cancer fighters and survivors like my father in the Third Annual Scope It Out 5K Run/Walk for Colon Cancer Awareness in West Potomac Park, Washington, D.C. This race is only a 5K and even those that abhor exercise can make it the 3.1 miles, especially when it is for such a great cause.

Many of you may have friends and loved ones that have battled Colon Cancer -- our team will be running to honor them all. Please join us in raising awareness for the importance of testing and early detection by running as part of "Coughlin's Crew." We’ve assembled a fun group of roughly twenty plus runner/walkers thus far and we’re growing daily. So come out… meet some new people, burn off a few of the beers from the night before with a jaunt down the Potomac, and have some fun all in the name of bringing attention to a worthy cause.

For ease of registration, go to the website below to register online and don’t forget to add the team name, “Coughlin’s Crew.” The nominal $25 registration fee benefits the Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation, the Colon Cancer Alliance, and the LombardiComprehensiveCancerCenter, and any other pledges, sponsorships, and contributions are greatly appreciated. Look forward to seeing you there and running a great race along the Potomac and having a great time.

If you register by tomorrow (Friday, March 2nd) and send me an email there’s still time for putting your order in for one of our team t-shirts to be worn in the race to identify you as one of the Crew (in addition to the shirt issued by the race organizers).

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to PM me or email me at hud_coughlin@hotmail.com

http://www.scopeitout5k.com/ScopeItOut.asp?page=Details.html&hgt=740

Thanks
-Hud

Last edited by HUD750; March 1, 2007 at 08:11 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HUD750 Send a message via MSN to HUD750  
Unread
  (#2)
Addicted to Cajen food...

March 1, 2007, 08:24 AM

YO HUD!!! I just signed up brother... see you there. I'll send you an email as well.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
One and Only

March 1, 2007, 08:47 AM

Dude I just clicked on the link to sign up, when my fiancee says, "Honey, that's a saturday, right?"

Duh, I work. FACK!

Have fun guys.....have fun watching Grandpa Tzu run away from everyone.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#4)
I miss you Jeff

March 1, 2007, 08:51 AM

Hey Hud-

Sent you an email, my dear.

Quick question - Who is going to run next to me with the fishing line w/the cheeseburger at the end to keep me going?

~Jennifer~

LaoTzu: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you take a bite out of one and throw it back in the box if it sucks."

Rossi: "You are the SCHMOOPIFIER!"

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...SpicyTWAT1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cajen  
Unread
  (#5)
Licensed Rider

March 1, 2007, 09:08 AM

Thanks bro. I appreciate the support. Be sure to include your your t-shirt size in the email for our team shirt. You're the man and the 25th to join the group.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HUD750 Send a message via MSN to HUD750  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

March 1, 2007, 09:36 AM

Jenn-
Assuming I'll be ahead of you (a significant assumption), I'll have a Big Mac affixed to my back for motivation.

Don-
We're counting on you to win this for us. Hopefully you're a faster runner than rider? J/K You're support is truly appreciated.

Woody-
Sorry you can't make it. Thanks for considering it.
Unread
  (#7)
Still here

March 1, 2007, 09:50 AM

Umm, you take walkers in your group?

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#8)
Addicted to Cajen food...

March 1, 2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUD750
Jenn-
Assuming I'll be ahead of you (a significant assumption), I'll have a Big Mac affixed to my back for motivation.

Don-
We're counting on you to win this for us. Hopefully you're a faster runner than rider? J/K You're support is truly appreciated.

Woody-
Sorry you can't make it. Thanks for considering it.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! If I run like I ridem we're in trouble See you then brother!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Licensed Rider

March 1, 2007, 10:10 AM

Gidget,
Great question. YES! We are looking for both runners and walkers. We're not a competitive group and we're very diverse from the semi-avid runner to the chain-smoker with a bad back. It's all in the name of bringing awareness to the importance of early detection... thankfully it saved my fathers life and it was a fluke that he even got tested. So join the Crew and come out and have some fun and bring a friend.
-Hud
Unread
  (#10)
I miss you Jeff

March 1, 2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstargidget
Umm, you take walkers in your group?
I plan on doing a walk/run kinda combo if you wanna do that with me.

~Jennifer~

LaoTzu: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you take a bite out of one and throw it back in the box if it sucks."

Rossi: "You are the SCHMOOPIFIER!"

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...SpicyTWAT1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cajen  
Unread
  (#11)
Still here

March 1, 2007, 10:15 AM

Cool Jen, I can jog a bit, but I can walk really fast I'm thinking about trying to talk my kids into it too. Yeah, OK, my son, since there's no way I can see Em walking 3 miles without whining her ass off.

I'm all about the early detection. Had the exam, had polyps removed, I'm all good, not cancer. GET CHECKED!

02 1100 VStar

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#12)
TIMMEH!

March 1, 2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajen
Hey Hud-

Sent you an email, my dear.

Quick question - Who is going to run next to me with the fishing line w/the BEER at the end to keep me going?
Fixed for you. And go get checked people! I'm with Woody, if I didn't work on Saturdays, I'd be there!

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600  
Unread
  (#13)
Licensed Rider

March 1, 2007, 12:27 PM

Gidget,
That's awesome to hear you got tested and beat having to endure the battle with CC which, as many can attest to, is extremely tough.

People, if there's any family history of it, or you're unaware of your family medical history (as my father is), it is SO important to get a colonoscopy by your early to mid-30's. It's literally a little bit of a pain in the ass... but it could save your life... and who knows... some of you probably would enjoy it!
That is all.
-Hud

Last edited by HUD750; March 1, 2007 at 12:30 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
Still here

March 1, 2007, 12:47 PM

I'm adopted, didn't have a full medical history...

Not even really a pain in the ass. Prep is the worst, but no worse than having the flu (except you don't feel so sick). You don't even know what's happening during the procedure. Simple, done. Don't be a baby, you'll just be one of a hundred asses your Dr's seen

02 1100 VStar

Unread
  (#15)
TIMMEH!

March 1, 2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstargidget
I'm adopted, didn't have a full medical history...

Not even really a pain in the ass. Prep is the worst, but no worse than having the flu (except you don't feel so sick). You don't even know what's happening during the procedure. Simple, done. Don't be a baby, you'll just be one of a hundred asses your Dr's seen
But in my case it'll be a nice one........

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600