DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 549
2 members and 547 guests
nootherids, Stuckonstupid
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Android's Dirty Secret
Unread
  (#1)
noise

Android's Dirty Secret - July 26, 2011, 09:46 AM

Android’s Dirty Secret: Shipping Numbers Are Strong But Returns Are 30-40% | TechCrunch

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 26, 2011, 09:47 AM

Consumers don't know what they want, don't do research, and buy an android phone expecting the simplicity of iOS.

Yep. Consumers are stupid.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#3)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

July 26, 2011, 09:56 AM

I got an android recently...i really dont like it much....Coming from a windows phone that is.

My windows phone is somewhere in the middle of 695 i believe so i put suspension on it ...waited a few days then went to At&T to see what my options were. Since i didnt have insurance i had to pay full price for a new windows phone which i wasnt about to spend 300+ on a phone outright. They told me i could get the atrix for 100$ so i wasnt going to pass it up.

The droid just has issues 1.Cant send pictures in text messaging,Had to download app for this 2.Apps you decide you dont want,you cant delete, you have to go in marketplace find the exact app and hit uninstall 3.Things wont clear off my toolbar after repeated pressing, have to shut down phone and restart. 4.Had to get Gmail account a motoblur account and like 20 other accounts to use the phone 5.No real direction manual with phone just a short 60 second video.

Upside to the android I have angrybirds and fruit ninja....my phone probably has tons of potential but i dont feel like screwing around with apps etcetc just to get it to be a normal operating phone

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#4)
USSA

July 26, 2011, 09:56 AM

I Have Nothing To Contribute.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArrrSV  
Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner

July 26, 2011, 10:08 AM

what a terrible article.

"However, on the ground, many return rates are approaching 40% said a person familiar with handset sales for multiple manufacturers"

"A person familiar with handset sales for multiple manufacturers"?? Did the person who wrote the article go to the mall next to the cinnebon and ask the guy at the cell phone kiosk?

That being said, Android users are cheapskates. I make about 15% what I do off the iOS app on Android.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#6)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 26, 2011, 10:10 AM

i will be going back to iOS as soon as the new iphone comes out / i am eligible for an upgrade.

If a closed ecosystem means having shit that works, so be it

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#7)
whoa preppy......

July 26, 2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post

That being said, Android users are cheapskates. I make about 15% what I do off the iOS app on Android.

and some of us just hit NO!

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

July 26, 2011, 10:14 AM

iPhone > *

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#9)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

July 26, 2011, 10:15 AM

Im antiApple.... ive always had issues with them and the product never lasts i went through 5 ipods within the first half of 1 of my deployments...

I ended up going zune...which was a selling point for my Windows phone that and it had Xboxlive on it...i cant tell you how many times i caught soldiers supposedly on "Appointment" then i log in my xbox account from the phone and see them @ home playing call of duty!

Lets just say low crawling back to work prob wasnt in their best interest and shouldve went to their appt

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Last edited by Jw626; July 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM..
Unread
  (#10)
Im Always Down to Ride

July 26, 2011, 10:23 AM

This article is pure rubbish. Apple only makes one phone. Android has how many different phones so yea...I can see people returning them. As well, just being with Sprint, you have those individuals who know they have 30 days to try a phone and make a change and I guarantee that many use that in the bad way.

This article is horrible....says nothing. Samsung Galaxy S2 in my possession as soon as it hits the US. Money has been being put to the side for a good while and I am ready for upgrade discount.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 26, 2011, 10:24 AM

I love how the articles talk about market share too.

ZOMG ANDROID HAS MORE MARKT SHARE NOW THAN APPLE1!!!111oneoneelevn

leaving out that iOS has one handset, and there are countless android handsets.

I'll be impressed when ONE manufacturer has more market share than apple

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#12)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

July 26, 2011, 11:41 AM

Wait you can't send pictures in texts on your phone? You can also go to settings to delete apps, it's much faster.

I've never had any issues with mine. I love physical keyboards so I could never get an iPhone, although they are most user friendly. For me a little bit of extra thought process in the use of the phone is worth it to get the real keyboard.

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#13)
Get Tarded!

July 26, 2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
I got an android recently...i really dont like it much....Coming from a windows phone that is.

My windows phone is somewhere in the middle of 695 i believe so i put suspension on it ...waited a few days then went to At&T to see what my options were. Since i didnt have insurance i had to pay full price for a new windows phone which i wasnt about to spend 300+ on a phone outright. They told me i could get the atrix for 100$ so i wasnt going to pass it up.

The droid just has issues 1.Cant send pictures in text messaging,Had to download app for this 2.Apps you decide you dont want,you cant delete, you have to go in marketplace find the exact app and hit uninstall 3.Things wont clear off my toolbar after repeated pressing, have to shut down phone and restart. 4.Had to get Gmail account a motoblur account and like 20 other accounts to use the phone 5.No real direction manual with phone just a short 60 second video.

Upside to the android I have angrybirds and fruit ninja....my phone probably has tons of potential but i dont feel like screwing around with apps etcetc just to get it to be a normal operating phone

1) You are trying to send a MMS as SMS? 2) I don't have that problem, this sounds like a cripple ware issue. I just go through the settings to applications management. 3) Sounds like hardware is lacking 4) It was a Moto phone......

Yes I did like my windows phone more, but I had similar issues due to shitty hardware.

08 Dizzzer SM
08 Z1000
98 KLR 650
Unread
  (#14)
in Yamaland

July 26, 2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh View Post

If a closed ecosystem means having shit that works, so be it

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

A year ago, I thought I loved my Android phone.

Now that that POS is gone, I have two iphones and an ipad2.... best move ever. I use all three devices constantly.
Unread
  (#15)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

July 26, 2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrivito

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

A year ago, I thought I loved my Android phone.

Now that that POS is gone, I have two iphones and an ipad2.... best move ever. I use all three devices constantly.
This ^ and the one below

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702