DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
1 members and 531 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Angry Birds peace treaty.
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Angry Birds peace treaty. - November 23, 2010, 09:22 AM

I lol'd

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Owner

November 23, 2010, 09:27 AM

The creators of this game got so lucky. It's a total rip off of at least 3 other physics based games. They just made it more cute and have made millions off of it.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

November 23, 2010, 09:30 AM

its all about the marketing.. haha

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 23, 2010, 09:32 AM

love that game

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner

November 23, 2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
its all about the marketing.. haha
this.

They invested heavily in marketing when the app first released in the App Store. Once it went viral and hit the top 10, it was a printing press.

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous since a couple years ago I made a couple of physics based games using cocos2d and Chipmunk physics... which is all Angry Birds is based off of.

Katie #135.

Unread
  (#6)
i dont like you either

November 23, 2010, 09:44 AM

love this game!
so addictive.
i'm trying to get 3 stars on every level now.....

cute video!

Last edited by OMG_WTF; November 23, 2010 at 09:46 AM..
Unread
  (#7)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 23, 2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
love this game!
so addictive.
i'm trying to get 3 stars on every level now.....

cute video!
How do you get three stars on every level? I've gone through all of them and have one star on some, two on others, and three on some others. I also have six of the golden eggs. Cant figure out what the stars mean for each level.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#8)
Railing!

November 23, 2010, 10:39 AM

Youtube it has all the answers.

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa
Unread
  (#9)
i dont like you either

November 23, 2010, 10:47 AM

There are point requirements per level.
3 stars mean you met or exceeded the point requirement.
This pretty much means you have to kill all the pigs and destroy everything.
Even though they give you points for unused birds, you may have to still use them to destroy more stuff. Sometimes I quickly launch a bird before the level finishes after killing the last pig, just to get more points.

There are always walkthroughs online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
How do you get three stars on every level? I've gone through all of them and have one star on some, two on others, and three on some others. I also have six of the golden eggs. Cant figure out what the stars mean for each level.
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

November 23, 2010, 10:52 AM

I finally got 3 stars on every level for the halloween edition. For me it seems that having leftover birds was the key.

Some of that shit was damn hard to get 3 stars.. Precise moments with the egg shitting birds was the toughest.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
i dont like you either

November 23, 2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
I finally got 3 stars on every level for the halloween edition. For me it seems that having leftover birds was the key.

Some of that shit was damn hard to get 3 stars.. Precise moments with the egg shitting birds was the toughest.
Yeah it's hard to get 3 stars on some levels. I just keep trying the same thing and hope to get the right bounce or something. A lot of it is luck.

It keeps me playing, though......

Thx for the vid!
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

November 23, 2010, 11:11 AM

xmas version coming out in DEC.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
November 23, 2010, 11:51 AM

Three stars is all about using the least amount of birds and inflicting the most damage. Wait before you launch the next bird. Sometimes stuff takes time to tip/fall and kill another pig.

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#14)
Site Owner

November 23, 2010, 02:05 PM

Also these holiday themed once.. Brilliant! They have you paying for an app you already bought, but it has different graphics. Same core game, same experience...

Brilliant!

Katie #135.

Unread
  (#15)
Your Ad Here

November 23, 2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Also these holiday themed once.. Brilliant! They have you paying for an app you already bought, but it has different graphics. Same core game, same experience...

Brilliant!
Sums up just about every FPS in the last 3 years.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to