DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 658
2 members and 656 guests
nootherids, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
i like to make toilet
 
kxgirlz's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,684
Join Date: July 17, 2004
Location: herndon
July 21, 2005, 08:13 AM

LONDON, England (CNN) -- At least one person has been injured following a number of incidents on Underground trains and a bus in London, police say.

CNN's Matthew Chance said police told him a device exploded in or around Warren Street Tube station in the center of the British capital.

Emergency service also reported an incident on a bus in Hackney, east London, Scotland Yard told CNN Thursday.

Police said initially they were not treating the evacuations as a "major incident."

The reports came two weeks to the day since bombs on three Underground trains in London and a double-decker bus killed 56 people including four bombers.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson told CNN that Warren Street, Shepherds Bush and Oval stations had all been evacuated.

London Underground confirmed that services on three lines -- Victoria, Northern and Hammermith and City -- were suspended following the incidents, according to PA.

Passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke but police could not confirm this.

One Underground passenger told Sky TV a traveler's rucksack had exploded on a train at that station.

Ivan McCracken told Sky News: "I was in a middle carriage and the train was not far short of Warren Street station when suddenly the door between my carriage and the next one burst open and dozens of people started rushing through. Some were falling, there was mass panic.

"It was difficult to get the story from any of them what had happened but when I got to ground level there was an Italian young man comforting an Italian girl who told me he had seen what had happened.

"He said a man was carrying a rucksack and the rucksack suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open the rucksack.

"The man then made an exclamation as if something had gone wrong. At that point everyone rushed from the carriage."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Nothing here
 
Madali's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,108
Join Date: February 20, 2003
Location: Potomac Station Leesburg
July 21, 2005, 08:21 AM

More bombings this morninig. I hate hearing this.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,034
Join Date: February 1, 2005
July 21, 2005, 08:30 AM

Preliminary reporting:
  • One nail bomb confirmed.
    three dummy bombs undetonated.
    London Tube system is being evacuated

Please be vigilant if you are using Public Transportation today and tomorrow.

Stay off of it if you can


"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Brainwash Your Face!
 
boomchic00's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,231
Join Date: June 4, 2003
July 21, 2005, 08:32 AM

so sad...


"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,034
Join Date: February 1, 2005
July 21, 2005, 08:58 AM

What we know thus far


- Four devices
- Three on trains, one on a bus
- The trains where near the following stations
Oval
Warren Street (one casualty, condition unknown)
Shepherds Bush
-The fourth device was on a bus on Hackney Rd in Bethnal Green.
-The device was on the upper level of the bus and blew out windows with no reported injuries at this time.
-London police are not calling this a major incident as of yet.
-Casualty from the Warren Street train appears to have been holding the device.
-Armed police have been sent to the hospital that he was taken to.


"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,034
Join Date: February 1, 2005
July 21, 2005, 09:07 AM

http://www.alertnet.org/index.htm

Best site for further updates


"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Happiness Consultant
 
EduardoSuave's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,231
Join Date: August 31, 2003
Location: The LC
July 21, 2005, 09:14 AM

well this would explain why peeps arent using the subway and the beltway is even more of a parking lot.

this sux.


DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
A girl must have her toys
 
POYITA's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,004
Join Date: May 3, 2004
Location: HOTlanta
July 21, 2005, 09:20 AM

When will it all stop!?


Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Retired to most ...
 
JohnnySpeed1KRR's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,646
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: NoVa
July 21, 2005, 09:23 AM

This is some fuckin horse shit. I don't even know what to say right now.


God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,983
Join Date: October 1, 2002
July 21, 2005, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POYITA
When will it all stop!?
basically once you kill all those persons that see it fit to kill you for no particular reason beside the fact you are not Muslim and worse yet support the US.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Nothing here
 
Madali's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,108
Join Date: February 20, 2003
Location: Potomac Station Leesburg
July 21, 2005, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by POYITA
When will it all stop!?
basically once you kill all those persons that see it fit to kill you for no particular reason beside the fact you are not Muslim and worse yet support the US.
Maybe a yes on the first part, but a no on the second part. Terrorism spans many nationalities, ideals, religions, etc. The current wave of terrorist acts do not make them the norm for an entire religion/region. I agree it should be dealt with swiftly and, hear this in all caps, STRONGLY, but I refuse to fail to remember all other acts of terrorism not fitting this generalization. Remember Oklahoma City? How about the IRA?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Go Skins!!
 
h100rr's Avatar
 
Posts: 457
Join Date: April 18, 2005
Location: Ducati World, MD
July 21, 2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
basically once you kill all those persons that see it fit to kill you for no particular reason beside the fact you are not Muslim and worse yet support the US.
What kind of sense does this statement makes. These people are not killing people because you are not muslim. Other than they BELIEVE by killing people some body will take notice to there causes. WHICH I BELIEVE IS STUPID. But for you to say it is because you are not muslim is a dumb statement. Every country has it enemies.



SECOND PLACE IS JUST THE

FIRST LOSER!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,983
Join Date: October 1, 2002
July 21, 2005, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h100rr
Quote:
basically once you kill all those persons that see it fit to kill you for no particular reason beside the fact you are not Muslim and worse yet support the US.
What kind of sense does this statement makes. These people are not killing people because you are not muslim. Other than they BELIEVE by killing people some body will take notice to there causes. WHICH I BELIEVE IS STUPID. But for you to say it is because you are not muslim is a dumb statement. Every country has it enemies.
You are sadly mistaken my friend. When the individuals behind these above listed acts of terrorism and interviewed and statements taken the truth will speak for itself.

You say that it is a dumb statement as if I am not familiar with the Qur'an and the motivations of terrorists that kill in the name of Allah. If you have not read the Qur'an, than perhaps you should before you make statement about the motivations of people.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,034
Join Date: February 1, 2005
July 21, 2005, 11:32 AM

It will all stop when everyone agrees.

Hell you people can't even agree to disagree.


"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,983
Join Date: October 1, 2002
July 21, 2005, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by POYITA
When will it all stop!?
basically once you kill all those persons that see it fit to kill you for no particular reason beside the fact you are not Muslim and worse yet support the US.
Maybe a yes on the first part, but a no on the second part. Terrorism spans many nationalities, ideals, religions, etc. The current wave of terrorist acts do not make them the norm for an entire religion/region. I agree it should be dealt with swiftly and, hear this in all caps, STRONGLY, but I refuse to fail to remember all other acts of terrorism not fitting this generalization. Remember Oklahoma City? How about the IRA?
I was speaking within regards to the current wave of bombing, murders, school executions, etc. over the past several years. An overwhelmingly large majority of those acts of terrorism have been commited by Muslim extremists and against nations that either ally themselves with the US or promote US ideals.

You are talking about almost 10 years ago for OK city.

I am not sure of the figures worldwide but what would you wager is the percent of attacks that are commited by Muslim extremists?

Per
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.