DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
1 members and 555 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Another question for the "POPOS"
Unread
  (#1)
I'm an Asshole

Another question for the "POPOS" - July 12, 2006, 03:50 PM

i saw a question posted here today and didn't want my question to get lost in that thread cause obviously mine is way more important.

I noticed while riding on i-66 that the unmarked police cars that have the extra antenna on the trunk have a ribbon tied on it. I've seen blue and yellow. Just wonder if that was a way of telling what your rank was or what county your worked for? Or is it so other cop cars wont pull it over for speeding/tint. Or is it too secretive to tell?

Also, since I sometimes use the HOV lane on 66 when not riding HOV, I've kinda made some observations about unmarked cop cars.

1. They are always american made. Ford crown vics usually, but never a honda or toyota.
2. They always have tint

Anyone else have observations? Its not illegal to try and spot unmarked cars right? so I can't get in trouble for this right?

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

July 12, 2006, 03:55 PM

Are you serious?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

July 12, 2006, 03:55 PM

Blue one is for fallen officers, in the most recent case for the 2 officers killed in FFX.

The yellow is for the troops. Just showing tribute..

Most of the agencies use the American cars, and more specificly crown vics. My opinion is b/c of their size and fleet discount ford provides. All agencies use other makers, but the normal patrol car is usually the crown vic. Other makers try to sway the agencies, but just hasnt happened yet..

The tinting on the K9 cars is to protect the dogs so they dont get too hot. The other cars not too sure what decides that..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
( * )|( * )

July 12, 2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
Are you serious?
Nate sometimes you scare me man...you tend to post the exact phrase in advance

The comedy is great

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm an Asshole

July 12, 2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Are you serious?
LOL why is it automatically assumed that my posts are jokes? Its like I try to be serious, and people think i'm joking. I try to joke and people take me serious.

This is a serious question, and spud basically answered it.

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

July 12, 2006, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffindj
LOL why is it automatically assumed that my posts are jokes? Its like I try to be serious, and people think i'm joking. I try to joke and people take me serious.

A simple google search, or general knowledge of the symbolism could have led you in the right direction. Seriously.

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#7)
I'm an Asshole

July 12, 2006, 04:07 PM

Quote:
A simple google search, or general knowledge of the symbolism could have led you in the right direction. Seriously.
gimme a break turdface. when is the last time you saw a blue ribbon on a car? or an ACTUAL yellow one? its a legit question monkey assfart.

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
Unread
  (#8)
BOHICA

July 12, 2006, 04:09 PM

Quote:

I'm guessing it is due to the general lack of common sense most of your posts show. Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe I'm close.

Just like ArRrR6, put brain in motion before engaging fingers in typing and things will probably turn out better.

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

July 12, 2006, 04:10 PM

Monkey assfart?? HAHAHAAHHAHAA

2006 Black ZX-10
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

July 12, 2006, 04:10 PM

you guys are soo rough.. I can at least read "through" his dumb questions..

Had he worded it in the aspect to confirm that the ribbons on the cruisers were the same as what everyone else uses it for, you wouldnt jump in his shit..

I guess i have a soft spot for him since im notorious for asking dumb ask questions all the time..

Just not as much in a public forum..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
BOHICA

July 12, 2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
gimme a break turdface. when is the last time you saw a blue ribbon on a car? or an ACTUAL yellow one? its a legit question monkey assfart.
Are you kidding? Have you seriously been raised inside of a bomb shelter?

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

July 12, 2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ711
Are you kidding? Have you seriously been raised inside of a bomb shelter?
By the looks of the avatar I'm guessing yes, but whatever, griffen cracks me up sometimes...

2006 Black ZX-10
Unread
  (#13)
Typical Stripper

July 12, 2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Are you telling me you have never seen the magnetic blue or yellow (or pink etc...) pasted all over nearly every soccer moms van in the Northern Virginia Area? For sale in every convenience store?

You must be as attentive as an epileptic in a night club.

Glad you're out there riding motorcycles.

Unread
  (#14)
I'm an Asshole

July 12, 2006, 04:30 PM

These were real ribbons. Not magnetic. I personally cannot remember seeing an actual ribbon tied to a car antenna. And that still doesnt answer the question as to what the blue ribbons were for.

Get off my sack of nuts. You're so far up my ass I feel like Flylan backstage at an Elton John concert.

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)

Last edited by griffindj; July 12, 2006 at 07:17 PM..
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

July 12, 2006, 04:32 PM

I answered your blue ribbon question..

NATE

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Closed Thread