DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 713
5 members and 708 guests
amit, coolkhas, Diggy, Stuckonstupid, vonstallin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   Anti gear?? (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/anti-gear-51893/)

GoGoGadget September 18, 2009 11:32 AM

Anti gear??

So this guy I work with wanted to buy his 10y/o a bike. I told him I was selling my son's KTM 65SX. He told me to bring it in as he was definitely interested. So we have been talking about bikes every night for the last few weeks. I found that the bolt that holds the seat on snapped off and was getting that fixed before bringing it in to him. Come in to work the other day and he had bought a CR100 instead because he decided he wanted a quieter bike. Kinda pissed me off, but whatever.

So this whole time he has been telling me how excited his son is to move up from a little pull start type mini yard bike. He also bought a Polaris 90 from another coworker for his daughter. I tell him about places online to get a good package deal on kids gear etc. when he says, "No, I am just going to get them skateboard helmets." He insist that he will not let them ride fast, basically at the walking pace of the horse he will be on following them across the farm. I started to fault his logic when he became insistent that they are not racing like my kid and he wants them to enjoy it and you can't enjoy riding with all that gear on.

Sigh.

Wonder how much I can buy the CR100 off of him when his kid wrecks and gets hurt? It might make a nice indoor minimotard. Hopefully his son does not end up with missing teeth and a broken ankle from plowing into a tree at whatever speed a pegged out CR100 will get up to.

KO Photos September 18, 2009 11:36 AM

How often have you seen a parent completely geared up with their kid in only a helmet on the back of their bike?

b00st September 18, 2009 11:39 AM

Gear is for women and hippies.

islandboy September 18, 2009 11:44 AM

he's training him to be a future harley rider not a dam "crotchrocket"
lets just hope the kid stays safe on that bike but as a parent he should be making better decisions for the safety of his kids

Seijirou September 18, 2009 11:49 AM

What can I say, idiots breed at a greater rate than others.

Rossi September 18, 2009 12:41 PM

Well he is right you can't enjoy riding with all that gear on, or eating with all your teeth.

He'll figure it out when he gets the medical bills.

I always say wear what you want when you ride, but you should at least teach your children to be safe.

I bet he is a cop, since he isn't very smart :wink:

JTG40cal September 18, 2009 12:49 PM

Oh yeah, they will both find out real quick the first time the bike starts to get away from his kid and he panics. Instead of letting off the throttle, getting on the clutch, or using the brakes...most just pin it. Once panic sets in and the bike picks up speed he will be paralyzed and wide open. Lets just hope there is nothing in his way.

Does your coworker have a lasso? Maybe he can rope his kid from the bike before anything bad happens. Or like in an action movie he can ride up next to his kid on the horse and scoop him up onto the back just before they both fly off a cliff (or into a tree).

Witold September 18, 2009 03:14 PM

Kids heel fast.

Nine out of ten people who are gung ho about their purchase will ride a handful of times and then let the bikes rust in the garage.

GoGoGadget September 18, 2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTG40cal (Post 815117)
Oh yeah, they will both find out real quick the first time the bike starts to get away from his kid and he panics. Instead of letting off the throttle, getting on the clutch, or using the brakes...most just pin it. Once panic sets in and the bike picks up speed he will be paralyzed and wide open. Lets just hope there is nothing in his way.

Yeah, that is my fear. I tried to talk some sense in him, but he was adamant.