DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 563
4 members and 559 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Any good hangover remedies?
Unread
  (#1)
Firebreathing VTwin

Any good hangover remedies? - January 1, 2008, 01:24 PM

Woke up on a couch very confused this morning, with a MASSIVE hangover.

Dont know what I was thinking but I know now that Whiskey, Corona, and Red Wine should NOT be mixed in large quantities.
I'm paying for it this morn.

I'm sure a few of y'all are too. Hey its National Hangover Day right?

Just talked to my buddy who said he's fine and feeling great. He's also been drinking Bloody Marys since before I got up.
His suggestion, a raw egg in a beer.

I dont know why I listen to him. I really need new friends!
Anyways that didn't help all too much.

Anyone have any good cures? Got the water and asprin, what else do I need to do?

MARK DIEDERICH
Love the one you've got...
Cause you might get run over, or you might get shot.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Give me the Ban Button!

January 1, 2008, 01:27 PM

Lots of water!!!! and another beer

Maybe you could try 2 raw eggs in a shot of Jack

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#3)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

January 1, 2008, 01:57 PM

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
I'm so tired

January 1, 2008, 02:00 PM

Nothing to fix that other than time. But do drink some liquids (water instead of beer at this point)

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#5)
Fack yo pony...

January 1, 2008, 02:37 PM

Your buddy feels fine b/c of the Bloody Marys. Not the booze in it, but the tomato juice.

Last time I tied one on really hard, I put down 2 bottles of wine by myself, and was sicker 'n a dog the next day. Tried water and crackers; yakked that up. Tried 7-up; yakked that up. Googled "hangover remedy" and the page I found recommended tomato juice/V8 and copious amounts of Vitamin B. Tried that (with a nap), and returned to feeling mostly human within a few hours.

The tomato juice has fluid, sodium, and all kinds of good things to help recalibrate your insides. I swear by it now. Best of luck.

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_hang.htm
Remedies

While painkillers will provide immediate relief, they can cause problems for the kidneys and liver with long-term use. Aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Ibuprin, Motrin IB, Nuprin) are hard on your stomach (may promote gastrointestinal bleeding), while acetaminophen (Excedrin, Panadol, Tylenol) is hard on your kidneys and liver, too, which will be working overtime processing the alcohol. Excessive use of acetaminophen can lead to kidney failure and irreversible liver damage. Ibuprofen can lead to kidney damage when taken in large doses over prolonged periods.
Folk

Apples eaten on an empty stomach the day after drinking is an effective remedy.
Bananas One of the quickest ways to cure a hangover is to make a banana milkshake sweetened with honey. The banana helps calm the stomach, and with the honey, builds up the depleted blood sugar levels. The milk soothes the stomach and rehydrates your system. Bananas are also rich in the important electrolytes, magnesium and potassium, which are severely depleted during heavy drinking.
B-vitamins Take the vitamins before you go to bed and let them work their magic while you sleep. If you forget, take them immediately upon arising. B-Vitamins are important in aiding the carbohydrate (alcohol) metabolizing process and in dilating blood vessels. B-vitamins will help restore your energy level. You will need to take a high-potency B-complex supplement for this remedy to work (50-75 mg of B-complex twice a day, hopefully once before bed after indulging).
Chicken soup Grandma's old stand-by, chicken soup, seems to work as well for hangover problems as it does for colds.

Ginger Take 500 mg of ginger capsules every few hours, or make a ginger tea. This will help soothe your stomach.
Honey Take 2-6 teaspoonfuls of honey every twenty minutes upon awaking, depending on the severity of the hangover. Continue with the honey until you start to feel better, then take four teaspoonsful with your first meal. The potassium in the honey helps counteract the effects of the alcohol and will decrease the cravings for it. Alcoholic drinks are acidic in reaction and satisfy your natural desire for an acid, the same as coffee and tea do. If you have an alcohol problem, check your body chemistry and make appropriate changes in diet and supplementation. In addition, honey contains fructose, a type of sugar that helps your body metabolize alcohol more quickly.

Lime As soon as you wake up on the "morning after" add two teaspoons of fresh lime juice and a teaspoon of sugar to 8 ounces of water. Drink it slowly. This concoction will help stabilize your blood sugar, which will be low after imbibing.
Peppermint The herb peppermint, either in tea form or chewing the leaves, will relax the intestines. Peppermint is a carminative, which is a substance that removes accumulated gas from the stomach and intestines. Make a tea by pouring one cup of boiling water over 1-2 teaspoons of the dried herb; cover; steep for fifteen minutes; strain. Drink 1-2 cups as soon as you can.

Raw cabbage Eat raw cabbage to dissipate a headache.
Sauerkraut juice Drink sauerkraut juice with some tomato juice if you don't like it straight. These drinks replace lost nutrients.
Scalp stimulation Pull your hair in clumps so that your full scalp is stimulated. This remedy brings blood to the scalp and relieves the headache.
Silymarin, better known as milk thistle, protects liver cells from alcohol by preventing toxins from entering them and helps to remove existing toxins. Take two 70 mg capsules with a meal or before or while drinking.

Tomato juice In addition to being a prevention remedy, tomato juice contains fructose, a type of sugar that helps your body metabolize alcohol more quickly. This is probably why the morning-after Bloody Mary seems to work.
Vitamin C stimulates the liver to break down the alcohol. Take 2-10 gm per day in divided doses. Start at 1,000 mg an hour and built up to bowel tolerance. An excess of vitamin C can cause diarrhea, and since you probably have stomach distress already too much C may cause a problem.

Track: 2000 Suzuki SV650 Maintained by Chief Wildman

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

Before you attempt to set things right, make sure you see things right.
-- Blaine Lee

Last edited by ZXYBCH; January 1, 2008 at 02:42 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Asleep at the wheel!

January 1, 2008, 02:53 PM

, lots of water, sleep

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#7)
Tough guy

January 1, 2008, 03:43 PM

I recommend a some greasy sausage and scrambled eggs (runny), served in a dirty ashtray.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#8)
Ninja in Training....

January 1, 2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDLux
I recommend a some greasy sausage and scrambled eggs (runny), served in a dirty ashtray.
Damn I had all of that this morning except for the dirty ashtray......

- Craig

If you don't know go ask yo momma

'04 R1 aka "The Bastard"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to roadrunner78 Send a message via AIM to roadrunner78  
Unread
  (#9)
Firebreathing VTwin

January 1, 2008, 04:27 PM

a dirty ashtray, thats what my mouth felt like this morning.

I'll pass on the pot. I used to smoke in high school, its not for me anymore.

Kinda crazy I'm only 25 but I think back to when I was 16 drinking Schlitz Blue Bull, Boons Farm, Butterscotch Schnapps whatever we could get ahold of, and me and my buddies drank alot! Never a hangover, I'd get up go play soccer tournaments on no sleep and be fine. I must be getting old, I think it started when I turned 21. Once I was legal to drink the hangovers caught up with me.

I was watching History channel and they had an hour show on Beer. I felt sick to my stomach just watching.

Thats when I realized that I need to stop being such a whiney little pussy and man-up and quit bitching. I had a little pep talk with myself and willed the hangover away!
or that was when the V8 mixed with the fried eggs and got the aspirin into my bloodstream, but I like to think I cured myself mind over body.

MARK DIEDERICH
Love the one you've got...
Cause you might get run over, or you might get shot.
Unread
  (#10)
TEAM.SUKUZI

January 1, 2008, 04:41 PM

run to the ATM, go to eros.com & pick yourself a nice hooker.

sex addict