DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 192
1 members and 191 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Any suggestions- tires for my Frontier?
Unread
  (#1)
running on liquid crazy.

Any suggestions- tires for my Frontier? - June 16, 2010, 01:03 PM

Any suggestions? I'm tire-retarded. I was thinking of either going to Sam's or Costco and just getting whatever they recommend as a good, lasting, all-season tire. Besides, I'm not so sure I want to dick around with purchasing them from tire rack, having them delivered, and then bringing them somewhere to have them mounted, even if it is a little more cheaper.

On a funny side note, I was doing a lil' Asian driving (again) this morning. I hate when people take up the whole road while driving in my neighborhood. So, I (pig-headedly) always make sure I only take up my half of the road. I always have to hear Richard about how I'm going to hit a car, why do I have to drive so close to the cars parked on the side, etc.

Well, this morning, I guess the truck that was parked on the side of the street had the same height mirror and I was a leeetle too close because *SMACK*! I was like, "holy shit!" Then I was like, "DAMMIT!!"

Of course I quickly stopped on the side to take a look at the other person's mirror thinking I would be buying one for each of us, and-- nary a scratch! It was one of those older trucks with the solid metal mirrors. And, double-luckily for me, although my passenger mirror didn't fold back, it didn't break either- just shattered the glass. So, I didn't have to buy a whole new mirror assembly and found a place to purchase just the mirror glass.

But, I did call Richard to admit to him what happened and of course I got

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Yep, it's purple

June 16, 2010, 01:14 PM

I'd go to www.tirerack.com and put in your year/model/make & options and start looking at tires. Personally I like Yokohama tires. Great bang for the buck imo. Goodyear, Bridgestone, Continental, Michelin are some other good ones also. Order the tires to your house, or to a preferred installer and go get your tires installed. There is usually discounted installation rates with tirerack tires through the vendor network on the website.

TPG - wreaking havoc since '07

"You only get one chance to walk on GOD’S green earth so you must always make the most of it or just waste away..."

You will never be forgotten, Jeff Vega. RIP
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

June 16, 2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesasse1 View Post
Besides, I'm not so sure I want to dick around with purchasing them from tire rack...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
I'd go to www.tirerack.com ...Order the tires ...
LOLZ.

Maybe Von can help. I believe he has a Frontier.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
I hate Hybrid drivers

June 16, 2010, 01:19 PM

i have a frontier but you can't have my tires!!!!!
Unread
  (#5)
Eddie would go ...

June 16, 2010, 01:25 PM

JohnnySpeed954 is all over this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#6)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 16, 2010, 01:28 PM

im running stock shit...

bridgestones..

265/65/17's

they do me well with 48k on them.

i get them from the Tire Rack then get my boy to hook up the install on the side.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#7)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 16, 2010, 01:31 PM

BF Goodrich All Terrains. You will never want to buy another truck tire again. Go to Mr. Tire and you can finance them six months no interest.

Unread
  (#8)
Retired to most ...

June 16, 2010, 01:32 PM

Rach .... shoot me what tire size you are running and I'll get you a quote. I get tires same day and don't charge shipping like tirerack.com does.

Lemme know.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#9)
Retired to most ...

June 16, 2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
BF Goodrich All Terrains. You will never want to buy another truck tire again. Go to Mr. Tire and you can finance them six months no interest.

YES!!! The T/A KO's ... awesome tire. However thats a SERIOUS offroad tire thhats designed to work on any terrain in air-down or full inflation conditions. If she isn't gonna be going offroad this is a LOT more tire then she needs!

**side note** Either these or the new KM2's will be going on the Titan when it comes time for tires!!!

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!

Last edited by JohnnySpeed1KRR; June 16, 2010 at 01:49 PM..
Unread
  (#10)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 16, 2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post

whoaaa
i use to have these on my nissan pathfinder....they rock..but didnt get much snow then..and never took it off road...just fields and hills.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#11)
Parkin lot pimpin'

June 16, 2010, 01:45 PM

Always heard good things about the Nitto Grapplers from all the guys on the 4runner forums

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - back at it again
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) Lots o' Mods - SOLD

2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (Toy Haulin)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EndoSJ3  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

June 16, 2010, 01:46 PM

be careful dealing with COSTCO. I got my new tires from them last September. Before I went to the store, I saw the ones I wanted online (about 90 bucks a tire, win). So I get in there and tell them that I was there to get new tires for my car (gave them the yr, make, and model). He starts doing some stuff on the computer and I figure he is just pulling up all the options that he had in stock. NOPE! The next words that came out of his mouth were "that will be 800 (some odd) dollars. how would you like to pay for this?" So yeah, do your research before you go in there. Buncha assholes! argh
Unread
  (#13)
running on liquid crazy.

June 16, 2010, 01:57 PM

Kay thanks for the input guys (and chica )!

Yah, JTG40cal, those tires are something Richard would buy, whether he would use them or not because of the "ruh-ruh-ruh" factor (Tim Allen noise). LOL. I think more all around weather tires would be good enough for lil ol me.

And I know a lot of people use Tire Rack, and I didn't know they had preferred installers where the tires could be delivered- is it really that much more of a cost savings if I'm just getting 'pretty decent' tires and nothing specialized?

Aight, Johnny, I'll get the size I'm running but it might not be til next week- I gotta race bike to button up and I'm packing for the weekend races at VIR tonight. Wish us luck!

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Retired to most ...

June 16, 2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesasse1 View Post
Kay thanks for the input guys (and chica )!

Yah, JTG40cal, those tires are something Richard would buy, whether he would use them or not because of the "ruh-ruh-ruh" factor (Tim Allen noise). LOL. I think more all around weather tires would be good enough for lil ol me.

And I know a lot of people use Tire Rack, and I didn't know they had preferred installers where the tires could be delivered- is it really that much more of a cost savings if I'm just getting 'pretty decent' tires and nothing specialized?

Aight, Johnny, I'll get the size I'm running but it might not be til next week- I gotta race bike to button up and I'm packing for the weekend races at VIR tonight. Wish us luck!
I'll put it like this ... useing the tires JT posted ... $210 plus $21.17 PER TIRE for shipping through tirerack.com and you have to wait 1 or 2 days to get them to the installer. Same tire through me with NO SHIPPING and same day delivery ... $220 per tire. You're not really saving anything by buying online and besides that you know I'd hook you up anyway on the mount and balance and alignment.

Unread
  (#15)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 16, 2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954 View Post
I'll put it like this ... useing the tires JT posted ... $210 plus $21.17 PER TIRE for shipping through tirerack.com and you have to wait 1 or 2 days to get them to the installer. Same tire through me with NO SHIPPING and same day delivery ... $220 per tire. You're not really saving anything by buying online and besides that you know I'd hook you up anyway on the mount and balance and alignment.
$210? What size wheel is she on? 295/75/16 (which just over a 33" tire) then yeah. Does she want to run 33s though?