DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 517
0 members and 517 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone with a 16ft ladder near Aldie, VA? Or..
Unread
  (#1)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

Anyone with a 16ft ladder near Aldie, VA? Or.. - January 9, 2017, 06:28 AM

I need to replace our foyer light.

The ceiling is probably 25ft+ up but I don't think it's possible to reach it without scaffolding (if you or someone you know can reach it safely, pass them my way and I'll gladly pay them. Rung ladders will not work).

The end of the chain holding the light is about 14-15ft up. Considering I haven't been able to find a contractor willing to replace the entire fixture then I'll go ahead and replace it and reuse the chain.

Home depot has a 16ft reach step ladder that should work but I'd hate to buy it for this use only and deal with the trouble of getting it to my home. Preferably my last option.

TL;DR

If you have a 16ft reach step ladder I can borrow and are able to drop it off/pick it up from me in Aldie, VA and are interested in some side cash for helping me out then please let me know.

-Ryan
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
100% Kawasaki Biased

January 9, 2017, 11:00 AM

I have a ladder you can borrow, but I don't have a good way to get it to you. Let me know if you get access to a truck (even then it will stick out pretty far). I got it to my house in an Avalanche with the bed separator out and the passenger seat folded down.

You can live in your car, but you can't race your house.

'07 ZX-10R - 156 RWHP/182 MPH
'09 KX450F - VCHSS 29F
'85 ZL-900 Eliminator
'01 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'06 636 (Sold)
'99 ZX-6R (Sold)
'94 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'99 YZ-250 (Sold)
'73 CL 450 (Sold)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Jpc...eature=related
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...bud_408656.htmfeature=related

The difference between men and boys is that boys make excuses and men make changes.
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

January 9, 2017, 11:47 AM

I have scaffolding if you want to borrow it as well.

You have to get it to you, but I have it in a trailer as well. Its out on a job today.
Unread
  (#4)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

January 9, 2017, 02:52 PM

Thanks guys.

I've got an SUV with a roof rack that I should be able to strap the ladder to but I'm not willing to risk someone else's property in doing so.

A 16ft reach is about ~$230 at HD, might just pull the trigger on it and find a way to store it in the garage.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#5)
Slow as a turtle...

January 9, 2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Thanks guys.

I've got an SUV with a roof rack that I should be able to strap the ladder to but I'm not willing to risk someone else's property in doing so.

A 16ft reach is about ~$230 at HD, might just pull the trigger on it and find a way to store it in the garage.
If you plan to buy and bite the bullet, they were demoing this at my local Costco over the weekend.

Apparently from demo perspective, it looked pretty good but I have no personal experience:

Little Giant Alta-One 22' Extension Ladder

Good luck.

---Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other---
---Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.---
Unread
  (#6)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

January 9, 2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickfhs View Post
If you plan to buy and bite the bullet, they were demoing this at my local Costco over the weekend.

Apparently from demo perspective, it looked pretty good but I have no personal experience:

Little Giant Alta-One 22' Extension Ladder

Good luck.
I have the same type of ladder (different brand) but the tallest A-frame height is 9ft.

The lowest part of the light is about 12ft so I'll need an additional 3ft above that to do the wiring/hanging (and I'm not a tall dude).

Thanks though!

-Ryan
Unread
  (#7)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

January 9, 2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
I have scaffolding if you want to borrow it as well.

You have to get it to you, but I have it in a trailer as well. Its out on a job today.
If you or guys you work with are willing to come set it up for a few hours I will gladly pay for their time while I knock out the installation real quick.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#8)
Im Always Down to Ride

January 9, 2017, 04:09 PM

Im going to need to buy/rent one this summer when we paint the stairwell and the main area on the 3rd floor.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
Unread
  (#9)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

January 9, 2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post
Im going to need to buy/rent one this summer when we paint the stairwell and the main area on the 3rd floor.
If over 10ft you can get away with a latter in 'rung mode' (not in an a-frame) then one like maverickfhs posted would be ideal. Very universal.

Unfortunately for my case, the mount for the light is too far from the wall to allow for resting the ladder against the wall.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#10)
i suck at the introweb

January 9, 2017, 04:34 PM

is your neighborhood similar? I bet 1 of your neighbors has one. my old neighbor had one and kept it under her porch. it became a community ladder til she moved.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
Unread
  (#11)
Im Always Down to Ride

January 9, 2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
If over 10ft you can get away with a latter in 'rung mode' (not in an a-frame) then one like maverickfhs posted would be ideal. Very universal.

Unfortunately for my case, the mount for the light is too far from the wall to allow for resting the ladder against the wall.
Nah Im going to definitely need that A frame lil giant. I was planning on renting it from Home Depot. I think it was like 25 or $30 a day.

I need the one that is specific for use on steps.

Unread
  (#12)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

January 9, 2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_mike View Post
is your neighborhood similar? I bet 1 of your neighbors has one. my old neighbor had one and kept it under her porch. it became a community ladder til she moved.
I've reached out to a few folks that know a good chunk of the community, haven't heard anything back yet.

If I don't have any leads when it gets a bit warmer then I'll likely just go buy one and strap it to the roof rack.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#13)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

January 9, 2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post
Nah Im going to definitely need that A frame lil giant. I was planning on renting it from Home Depot. I think it was like 25 or $30 a day.

I need the one that is specific for use on steps.
At all interested in having it painted by a contractor? I know a great guy that painted our townhouse (inside and out) before we moved and also the exterior of our new home. His prices are amazing.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#14)
Meh

January 9, 2017, 05:30 PM

PM me his information.

FYI...I have an extension ladder you can borrow if you want.
Unread
  (#15)
Im Always Down to Ride

January 9, 2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
At all interested in having it painted by a contractor? I know a great guy that painted our townhouse (inside and out) before we moved and also the exterior of our new home. His prices are amazing.
I might be..but the last quote we got we just stupid. you can shoot me the info.

We have painted the entire house now except the 2 stairwells and the upstairs middle vaulted area where the skylight is.