DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 829
3 members and 826 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone DJ?
Unread
  (#1)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

Anyone DJ? - October 25, 2006, 10:00 AM

I am thinking about starting my hand at DJ'ing. Trance, Progressive House and D&B

Anyone here a DJ or know one that I could talk to and get some knowledge off of?

Hit me up on here or via email: dcsnowboarders@gmail.com

Please don't postwhore this thread.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

October 25, 2006, 10:06 AM

I have done some beat production, but not much spinning.... if you end up with a Roland or something like that, let me know.

Thought you didnt like Electronica?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

October 25, 2006, 10:23 AM

There is a member of DC.net that does it as a side business.. lemmie find his name.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

October 25, 2006, 10:26 AM

Here ya go: He hasnt posted in a while.
I used to work concert security with him. His wife works for one of the local radio stations, so he is very familiar with the business

DJMINIME aka Nadeem His member name is on his license plate running around the tysons area.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/members/djminime/

Tell him Alex sent you his way.

*Edit:

If he doesnt respond via pm/email, let me know and ill send you his cell phone number.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
BIG SACK RYDAZ

October 25, 2006, 10:28 AM

IF YOU WANT, I HAVE 2X PT-2100 DIRECT DRIVES W/505SK CARTS + BPM250 IN COFFIN. LIGHT, MIC, SLIPMATS, ALL WIRES INCLUDED. TAKE ALL FOR $550 HAVE VINYL AVAIL. AS WELL. EVERYTHING FROM D&B, TRANCE, PSY TRANCE, NU NRG, GOA, HOUSE, CLUB, TECHNO, EXPERIMENTAL.

I won 5st Place
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to triplestack3 Send a message via AIM to triplestack3  
Unread
  (#6)

October 25, 2006, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplestack3
IF YOU WANT, I HAVE 2X PT-2100 DIRECT DRIVES W/505SK CARTS + BPM250 IN COFFIN. LIGHT, MIC, SLIPMATS, ALL WIRES INCLUDED. TAKE ALL FOR $550 HAVE VINYL AVAIL. AS WELL. EVERYTHING FROM D&B, TRANCE, PSY TRANCE, NU NRG, GOA, HOUSE, CLUB, TECHNO, EXPERIMENTAL.
OK. What does that mean? LIke I said I am looking for knowledge right now. Sounds like a good deal, I guess

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

October 25, 2006, 10:35 AM

Shoot a note to Nadeem, he is

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#8)
dirty old man in training

October 25, 2006, 12:22 PM

The main thing to spinning (obviously) is beat matching. In my experience there isn't an *easy* way to teach it, you just have to keep trying and one day it'll just *click* and you'll be able to do it. Then it's just practice makes perfect as you learn more about measure counting. Then onto scratching (if you want to).

Having said all of that, I would recommend either finding someone with a setup you can play around on or just getting your own setup.

Advertise your company here!

Past:
2003 Yamaha R1 Black w/ Red Flames (my 1st)
2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (wife's)

Present:
2006 BMW R 1200 RT (mine..err.."our's")
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djetch  
Unread
  (#9)
BIG SACK RYDAZ

October 25, 2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
OK. What does that mean? LIke I said I am looking for knowledge right now. Sounds like a good deal, I guess
It takes a lot of trial and error. Once you pick up the basics of beatmatching, you can build on that and do just about anything. Once you get beats to match up instead of making a galloping noise, it's a lot easier to play around with the other elements of mixing. Mixing jungle (do they still call it that?) or D&B is a little more difficult to do because you are matching hi hats instead of bass hits. It's not overly hard to learn, it just takes a time commitment and a good feel for music.

*EDIT*
What I was trying to say is that I have a set of decent turntables for sale if you are looking for an affordable way to start out with equipment that isn't pure shit.

I won 5st Place

Last edited by triplestack3; October 25, 2006 at 12:58 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to triplestack3 Send a message via AIM to triplestack3  
Unread
  (#10)
sadly but true...

October 25, 2006, 01:39 PM

I got you man holla at me sometime...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Sober  
Unread
  (#11)
Ducati addict

October 25, 2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djetch
Having said all of that, I would recommend either finding someone with a setup you can play around on or just getting your own setup.
+1!!
A lot of people get screwed over by thinking they wanna be DJ's, goign out and buying a ton of equipment, and then either not liking it, or not being any good at it.
Find someone with a setup, a good one, and try it out.
Remember, try to practice on good equipment, cheap stuff makes dj-ing harder, and much more frustrating.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

October 25, 2006, 02:31 PM

All you need is two turn tables and a microphone.

Put the needle on the record...

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
ISO a Sugar Mama

October 25, 2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
All you need is two turn tables and a microphone.

Put the needle on the record...
And it goes something like this...

Hey Adrian, Laptops are the way to go these days. If you are serious, i will ask my DJ buddy. He spins at Ned's in Sterling sometimes.

"Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us." Dragula.

Canon shooter
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Rolex006  
Unread
  (#14)
Posting Nothing Relevant

October 25, 2006, 10:14 PM

Adrian, get a DVD called Scratch (best buy has it), it is a great lesson into the world of the DJ and "B Boy" scene, and it has a pretty good intructional section on the 2nd disk. lots of interviews with Q-Bert, MixMaster Mike and the such. they may be more hip-hop oriented, but the basics are the same as far as beat matching and the learning process goes.

you just wanna start cause you know DJ's get mad ass.....j/k

"DUDE THESE GLASSES ARE MONEY!!!"

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#15)

October 26, 2006, 07:36 AM

Thanks guys.

Son, that would be cool if I could talk to your boy. I am hearing that a laptop to store the music and a mixer is the way to go like the Numark CD95

Matter of Fact, that is the exact reason why I want to talk to some DJ's and see what their trial and errors were like.

Eck, Isn't it always about the poon? I bought 2 more glasses, that brings the total tally to three operational, and 1 that is semi operational.