DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 511
1 members and 510 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone ever go PayPal Claim on someone?
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

Anyone ever go PayPal Claim on someone? - March 2, 2009, 10:39 AM

I sent a member of supermotojunkie.com a payment almost a month ago and never received the item. The only thing I've ever heard from the guy is that he got the payment. I have sent him some pms and a couple emails since then, to which he has not responded. He hasn't been on the site in the last 2 weeks. This member has nearly 1500 posts and has been on since 2006 so it seems unlikely that he decided to scam me. Usually the members who have been around a while are legit and honest since they have become established in the community. I think something must have happened to him so I feel bad to begin the hardass approach, but $95 is enough for me to have to do it.

Question: Has anyone had to submit a dispute and elevate it to a claim against anyone using PayPal? How was your experience? Did you get your money back?

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Street Bonk Bum.....

March 2, 2009, 10:44 AM

i made a claim on a ebay item a while back....it took awhile but i got my $$ back start off by making a dispute then after a week up it to a claim

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

March 2, 2009, 10:50 AM

Thanks, I just submitted the dispute this morning. The outcome in your case is encouraging.

I've often wondered what happens if you say you didn't receive an item, but the seller says he sent it and has a receipt from the courier to prove it. I see sellers on ebay will sometimes say they are not responsible for whether or not the item arrives undamaged or at all. This doesn't make much sense to me since the buyer has no control over the shipment of the package. Recently I have started requesting that items over $30 or so in value be insured. It's pretty cheap.

I'll post updates.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
Street Bonk Bum.....

March 2, 2009, 11:03 AM

make sure you mention in the claim that you have made numourous attempts to contact the seller and they have all failed...

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#5)
and go

March 2, 2009, 11:06 AM

I did a claim with ebay. Bought a car part and it was defective and the seller wouldn't respond to any emails or calls. I filed a claim with paypal and got my money back. It only took about a month to do it all. You may have to call and check up on it with paypal but I've never had a major problem with them.
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

March 2, 2009, 11:09 AM

In all my communications thus far, I've been going on the assumption that an honest mistake has been made or that the seller had some sort of emergency development that prevented him from sending the item. I've been careful to make sure my language does not imply that I think he's scamming me. I've also documented all of the attempts to correspond.

I did a little research on SMJ dot com and see that most of his recent threads are posted in the classifieds. However, nobody on the site has posted any complaints, and he has posted in other threads unrelated to buying and selling. I really think this guy had some sort of personal emergency come up, and I'll feel sad if I have to raise the stakes to a claim. But like I said, I don't just go around handing people $95 and saying, "Here, go get yourself something nice."

Unread
  (#7)
TPG

March 2, 2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I don't just go around handing people $95 and saying, "Here, go get yourself something nice."
Let me know when you change your mind about that!

2008 - Kawasaki ZX-6R
2007 - Suzuki GSX-R750 (Sold)
1999 - Yamaha R6 (Sold)

TPG

RIP Jeff
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Jaxxx  
Unread
  (#8)
where the good spotz at ?

March 2, 2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I sent a member of supermotojunkie.com a payment almost a month ago and never received the item. The only thing I've ever heard from the guy is that he got the payment. I have sent him some pms and a couple emails since then, to which he has not responded. He hasn't been on the site in the last 2 weeks. This member has nearly 1500 posts and has been on since 2006 so it seems unlikely that he decided to scam me. Usually the members who have been around a while are legit and honest since they have become established in the community. I think something must have happened to him so I feel bad to begin the hardass approach, but $95 is enough for me to have to do it.

Question: Has anyone had to submit a dispute and elevate it to a claim against anyone using PayPal? How was your experience? Did you get your money back?
5 wins in the money back category ...... but only RECEIVED my money back on 4 .... the 5th closed his account and left even though i won a judgement against him .

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

March 2, 2009, 12:14 PM

I've done it several times for people who never ship items because I shop on eBay a lot. I've always won the dispute and gotten my money back. It's not a difficult process but it does take a while because they give the other party several weeks to respond (if i remember correctly). Good luck.

-RRaj
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRaj  
Unread
  (#10)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

March 2, 2009, 12:17 PM

Why dont you look on paypal.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#11)
making it do what it do!!

March 2, 2009, 12:17 PM

I bought a piece on R1 forums and the dude wouldn't send it even after I provided him a prepaid label from fedex, I gave it a week and nothing. I called him one day and said that I was going to dispute paypal and my money was sent back to me immediately after that. Good luck!

-FER-
2008 Raven R1
Eat, Lift, Sleep.... (REPEAT)!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MANIMAL  
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

March 2, 2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Why dont you look on paypal.
I've read and am familiar with their information. I am just curious to know about real world success/failure rates. This is why my top post contained:
PayPal doesn't provide answers to these questions. As a bonus, if anyone ever has this or a similar question and they do a search, BOOM! This thread is spot on, like a Brett Favre TD pass.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; March 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM..
Unread
  (#13)
PewPew

March 2, 2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I've read and am familiar with their information. I am just curious to know about real world success/failure rates. This is why my top post contained:
PayPal doesn't provide answers to these questions. As a bonus, if anyone ever has this or a similar question and they do a search, BOOM! This thread is spot on, like a Brett Favre TD pass.

nice one

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost