DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 496
1 members and 495 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone ever had a restricted license?
Unread
  (#1)
I'm baaaaaack

Anyone ever had a restricted license? - September 9, 2009, 02:58 PM

If you have what is the process for getting the hard copy of it? I went to the DMV and they were trying to tell me I need to do things I've already done. Needless to say I asked for the supervisor and his assistance was to tell me he didn't care if I understood or not. So needless to say he got cursed out. Any help available from anyone?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

September 9, 2009, 03:03 PM

if i can remember all you do is take the copy of the papers the court gives you to dmv and they issue you the card with the big red R on it, you gotta have that and your paper stating the restrictions on you at all times while driving

just to let you know, i got a ticker for driving on suspended (i had a restricted at the time) just for stopping at a 7/11 on my way home, dumb a$$ cop told me i couldnt even stop for gas i gotta drive straight to work and back home
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG - screw face

September 9, 2009, 03:06 PM

restricted license process:

1. put in a request with the judge for a restricted license. This request will include Mon-Sun your whereabouts and times etc etc. hint - always say you have to go out of state for some reason at least once a week
1b. Judge denies - call a cab
1c. Judge approves - continue to #2

2. go to the window to pay all your fines and court costs
2b. Even if the judge approves, you cannot obtain the necessary paperwork for the DMV until all court fines and costs are paid

3. Once paid in full, the court will give you a formal peice of paper that will pass as your restricted DL until you get one from the DMV. Keep it on you at all times.

4. take that paper to the DMV
5. hand it to the teller
6. pay more monies
7. take your picture (smile extra hard)
8. wait for your restricted license to be printed
9. once it's done and after they butcher your name, go up and take it from the teller
10. it should have a big ass red R on it...if it doesn't...don't think you got over on the system - you will fail. Go back and get it corrected.

11. remember the hint above - now drive around like it's a regular license...if you get pulled...show the officer your DL AND that peice of paper where the judge approved you going in and outta state - always tell the officer you are on your way out of state or back home if you are caught outside your restrictions

edit: case in point: notice how islandboy got caught....

Last edited by Oneway; September 9, 2009 at 03:08 PM..
Unread
  (#4)
GDMFSOB

September 9, 2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
if i can remember all you do is take the copy of the papers the court gives you to dmv and they issue you the card with the big red R on it, you gotta have that and your paper stating the restrictions on you at all times while driving

just to let you know, i got a ticker for driving on suspended (i had a restricted at the time) just for stopping at a 7/11 on my way home, dumb a$$ cop told me i couldnt even stop for gas i gotta drive straight to work and back home
Not to be an ass, but WTF are you supposed to do?!? Drive home and grab the lawnmower gas can then walk to the gas station 9 times?

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

September 9, 2009, 03:18 PM

i also wasnt trying to be an ass when i asked her if im soppose to run out of gas trying to make it to work? she told me have someone go put gas in it for me, i thought she was just being a smart ass but she was being serious (i really hope all other cops arent as much as an ass as she was)

BTW ..worst 6 months of my life, my advice is switch cars with someone
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#6)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 9, 2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
i also wasnt trying to be an ass when i asked her if im soppose to run out of gas trying to make it to work? she told me have someone go put gas in it for me, i thought she was just being a smart ass but she was being serious (i really hope all other cops arent as much as an ass as she was)

BTW ..worst 6 months of my life, my advice is switch cars with someone
I still don't understand where the state thinks because I got 2 tickets which resulted in 8 points how that makes me more dangerous than a drunk weaving all over the road! Drunks can keep their license time and time again with just a blow device yet I either lose mine completely for 30-90 days or can only drive too and from work. If I can drive too and from work how does driving into 7-11, a gas station, a food joint or any other place suddenly make me a danger to society and don't think it is anything else, my judge specifically said it is his duty to determine if i am a threat!
Yea whatever!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#7)
TPG og

September 9, 2009, 03:49 PM

You got the in-car breathalyzer Shooter?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#8)
I'm baaaaaack

September 9, 2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
You got the in-car breathalyzer Shooter?
Nope. The ignition interlock is only if you blow .15 or higher in VA.