DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 550
5 members and 545 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, fxc3700, GRN96WS6, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone ever install camber kit?
Unread
  (#1)
Im Always Down to Ride

Anyone ever install camber kit? - July 13, 2012, 06:42 PM

I need to update the alignment on the front of my car and was told I need a new camber and a lower ball joint on my right side. My question is does Camber Kit include lower ball joint. I am looking to get the Eibach Kit for my Sonata. Its like 160.

If I replace this....do I still need to do the lower ball joint to?

And lastly...can anyone here remount car tires. Found out the sensors I bought are malfunctioning.

I am looking to pick the camber kit and new sensors from Summit Racing. Trying to see if anyone able to install. I will then take it back to my shop who put the tires on to do the alignment since I get it for free for a year.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
cake > pie

July 13, 2012, 09:55 PM

Installed tons of em. First question. Is you car lowered?
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
cake > pie

July 13, 2012, 10:02 PM

Are camber kits for front or rear wheels? I'm assuming that someone put the car on alignment machine and went over the print out with you to show they can not meet manufacturer specs without installing a camber kit.
Unread
  (#4)
Im Always Down to Ride

July 13, 2012, 10:19 PM

They are front wheel and no not lowered. I was ran off the road a few years back so my front driver side always seems to be the one that has the issue when I take it to the shop. So I was told it is time to replace it. As well, my lower ball joint on the right side is ready to be changed. It almost got me failed for inspection.

I just dont know if the camber kit has just upper ball joints or if it is a complete one stop shop.

I just want to get it installed then I will take it back to TirePlus for them to realign it. Since I got it aligned a week ago, I can feel that little shimmy in the steering wheel so I am ready to get it all done and be done with it. I need to replace those and install new tire sensors.

Its a 2007 Sonata with 18 in rims 235/40/18

Unread
  (#5)
cake > pie

July 13, 2012, 11:20 PM

OK my 2cents. (I'm a bit intoxicated and bored at bar dealing with Arlington fucks). Do the ball joint and forget camber kit. More then likely it will take care of shimmy. A guy who knows how to balance big wheels is a +. Front wheel drives that aren't lowered really shouldn't need a front camber kit. (I've never ran into one I can't get into spec without a kit). Alignments are more likely to cause pulling to one side or uneven tire wear over any type of vibration.
Unread
  (#6)
Im Always Down to Ride

July 14, 2012, 07:45 AM

Well see that is exactly what I would love to do but seems like the vib and all is coming from that driver side every since he aligned it. I am guessing that maybe he did something wrong. I am calling around noon to take to the main guy when he comes in to see if I can get around needing it. But I know that my tire is and was definitely being ate unevenly from that front driver side. Basically....I am just ready to get it all corrected and be done.

Camber Kit (which would be installed on both sides since it includes both)
Lower Ball joint for the right side
TPMS Sensors.

I can order the 4 new sensors and ball joint from AdvancedAuto using the BIG50 coupon code and get it all shipped to me for 196. The camber kit is about 160 shipped.

What I don't know is the price to get is all installed.