DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 550
4 members and 546 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Heist, REDSKTL 280ZX
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone here work on copiers?
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a llama again!

Anyone here work on copiers? - May 28, 2009, 10:21 AM

I have a Konica-Minolta here at work that is setup as a network printer. But when you send a print job it asks you for a user name and password. Then you go to the copier and select password print put in the user name and password you assigned and it prints.

How do I turn the crap off!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Now with a TBSP of love

May 28, 2009, 10:45 AM

What's the model #?
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#3)
USSA

May 28, 2009, 10:49 AM

usually equipment like that has a built in web interface. just type the IP in a browser and should come up. you will most likely need to know the admin password to change anything.

I Have Nothing To Contribute.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArrrSV  
Unread
  (#4)
Playing with toys

May 28, 2009, 10:52 AM

It something a network administrator or a service tech will have to turn off depending on how they enabled it.

Most companies enable that to track who is copying/printing what broken down by color or b/w.
Usually it's turned on when folks are making too many color copies/prints and they want to find out who is doing it.

Billing is setup by copy/print count and when they go over the pre-determined count the rates skyrocket.

You will need to find out who has the admin pw and disable it thru the menu (if it gives you that option).

The feature is usually listed as Password Enabled (on/off) and usually goes with copy count limits set by the person with the Admin pw to a pre-determined count.

Some copiers require that you log into them in service mode to disable a feature such as what you are describing (and requires a technician unless you've got the service manual with the correct codes to modify).

Turning the wrong feature on or off in service mode could be catastrophic.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a llama again!

May 28, 2009, 10:57 AM

It's a 7228

I have used the web interface and I cannot find anything on it. I have tried the display and nothing there.

I am a network engineer but shit if I can find the setting. I found some stuff on line but noting that applies to my copier.
Unread
  (#6)
Playing with toys

May 28, 2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrSixed View Post
usually equipment like that has a built in web interface. just type the IP in a browser and should come up.
+1

But it's worthless if you don't have the Admin login/pw

Note that changing features without a bosses permission could possibly get you fired!!!

The charges for a technician to come back out and change network settings isn't cheap.

On that note, you probably will not be traced directly if you change things from the machine or on a pc.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
Unread
  (#7)
Street Bonk Bum.....

May 28, 2009, 10:58 AM

awwwe shit u done broke it.........

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#8)
I'm a llama again!

May 28, 2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8RIDER View Post
+1

But it's worthless if you don't have the Admin login/pw

Note that changing features without a bosses permission could possibly get you fired!!!

The charges for a technician to come back out and change network settings isn't cheap.

On that note, you probably will not be traced directly if you change things from the machine or on a pc.

Let me add so there is no confusion I am the Engineer at this site and it was requested for me to change it. This is a simple setting on the copier that I cannot find.
Unread
  (#9)
USSA

May 28, 2009, 11:07 AM

lol i can bomgar in and look at it.

personally tho i hate konicas

there also may be a setting within the printer properties but i doubt it.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.

Last edited by ArrrSV; May 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM..
Unread
  (#10)
Olde Pfart (tm)

May 28, 2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
Let me add so there is no confusion I am the Engineer at this site and it was requested for me to change it. This is a simple setting on the copier that I cannot find.
Have you tried calling Konica/Minolta? Have you visited their website?

A google search for "disable password print konica 7228" (unquoted) gave this as the first page:
http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=20035

"They who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- B. Franklin

Every politician should serve two terms... one in office followed immediately by an equal or longer-length one in jail... except in New Jersey where jail time is a pre-requisite to holding office.

Donkeys and Elephants belong in a zoo, not Congress.

#include <wit.h>
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Darth Piper  
Unread
  (#11)
I'm a llama again!

May 28, 2009, 11:14 AM

If I call them I have to pay $$$
Unread
  (#12)
Playing with toys

May 28, 2009, 11:14 AM

Contact who you have the machines service contract thru and ask them how to turn it off (should be free to tell you over the phone if you find someone who knows what they are doing).

When in doubt read your users manual and the network manual as well.

Google is a good friend

Manual here
http://download6.konicaminolta.eu/ko...525E554B520653

Some network info here (i copied the info, but it should contain what your looking for below).
http://safemanuals.com/annexe_7228%2...TA_7222-_E.htm

Network Setup and Scanner Operations Network Setup and Scanner Operations Network Setup and Scanner Operations Network Setup and Scanner Operations Network Setup and Scanner Operations Network Setup and Scanner Operations Network Setup and Scanner Operations Network Setup and Scanner Operations User's Guide Network Setup and Scanner Operations 7222 7228 7235 Thank you very much for purchasing the Konica Minolta Digital Electronic Photo Copier. This User's Guide includes the instructions necessary for utilizing the full range of functions, as well as safety precautions.
CONTENTS Configuration of Manuals . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . v About this Manual. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .vi Conventions Used in this Manual . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .vi Using of this Manual. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . vii Folder Structure on the CD-ROM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .viii I Outline . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 Chapter 1 Summary of Network Functions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 1-1. 1-2. 1-3. Network/Scanner Function Outline. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 Connection with the Network. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 Network Setting Method . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 Scanner Functions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 Scan Data Output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6 Scan to E-Mail . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6 Scan to FTP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7 Send to a Shared Folder (Scan to PC (SMB)) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 Chapter 2 Before Use . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 2-1. 2-2. Control Panel Descriptions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 LCD Screen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11 LCD Screen Operation Methods . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11 Job List Screen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12 Chapter 3 Inputting Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 3-1. Inputting Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 Data Input Screen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 II Network Setup - Administrators only . . . . . . . . . . 19 Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21 4-1. 4-2. 4-3. 4-4. 4-5. 4-6. 4-7. 4-8. 4-9. Network Setup List . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 Method for Setting Network from Control Panel . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 23 IP Address Settings. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26 TCP/IP Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NetWare Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . AppleTalk Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . IPP Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27 33 41 44 Printer Related Infomation. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 50 FTP Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 54 E-Mail (SMTP) Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 57 E-Mail (POP) Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 63 ii CONTENTS 4-10. 4-11. 4-12. 4-13. 4-14. 5-1. 5-2. 5-3. E-Mail Extended Config . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Device Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . List Print . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PC(SMB) Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . LDAP Setup . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 69 72 75 76 77 Chapter 5 Web Utility . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 89 Accessing Web Utility . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 90 Network Information . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 91 Protocol Information . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 91 Network Information . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 91 TCP/IP Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 92 Enabling TCP/IP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Changing IP Settings. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Changing DHCP Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Changing DNS Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 93 93 94 95 5-4. 5-5. 5-6. 5-7. 5-8. 5-9. 5-10. 5-11. 5-12. 5-13. 5-14. NetWare Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 96 Enabling NetWare . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 97 Changing NetWare Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 97 AppleTalk Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100 Enabling AppleTalk . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100 Changing AppleTalk Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 101 IPP Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 102 Enabling IPP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 103 Changing IPP Configuration Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 104 FTP Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 105 Changing FTP Setting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 106 E-mail Send (SMTP) Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 107 Enabling E-mail Send (SMTP) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 108 Changing E-mail Send (SMTP) Setting. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 108 E-mail Receive (POP) Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 110 Changing E-mail Receive (POP) Setting. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 111 E-Mail Extended Configuration. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PC(SMB) Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . LDAP Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E-Mail Notification Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Device Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 112 113 114 116 118 Changing Device Setting. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 119 5-15. Reset . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 120 Resetting the Network Function . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 121 Restoring the Factory Defaults . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 121 III Scanner . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 123 Chapter 6 Using the Scanner Functions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 125 6-1. Selecting the Destination . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 126 Scan to E-Mail . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 127 Scan to FTP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 140 iii CONTENTS Send to a Shared Folder (Scan to PC (SMB)) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 146 6-2. 6-3. 6-4. Registering Destinations. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 151 Setting Scanner Functions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 164 Scanning Mode Usage . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 164 Scanning Documents . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 165 Application Function Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 171 Chapter 7 When There is Trouble with the Scanner . . . . . . . . . 181 7-1. 7-2. Troubleshooting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 182 Network Error List. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 183 IV Scanner Key Operator - Administrators only . . 187 Chapter 8 Key Operator Settings . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 189 8-1. 8-2. 8-3. Key Operator Mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 190 Usage Objectives for Key Operator Mode. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 190 Switching the Key Operator Mode. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 190 Scanner Initial Settings. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 193 List Print . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 206 V Appendix . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 207 Chapter 9 Appendix . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 209 9-1. Product Specifications . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 210 Scanner Functions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 210 Network Functions. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 211 LED Status . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 212 9-2. 9-3. 9-4. Konica Minolta Scan Distributor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 213 Setting Konica Minolta Scan Distributor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 213 Index According to Item . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 215 Purpose Oriented Index . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 218 iv GConfiguration of Manuals The following User's Guides are available for this machine. User's Guide (Copier) This manual explains the operation of copy functions. Please refer to this manual for instructions on the basic operations of the copy functions, including precautions on installation and handling, how to switch the power ON/OFF, paper supply, troubleshooting paper jams and so forth. User's Guide (Network Setup and Scanner Operations) This manual explains the setup methods for the standard network functions and the operation of the scanner function. Refer to this manual for instructions on how to use the network functions as well as Scan to E-Mail, Scan to FTP or Scan to PC (SMB) instructions. User's Guide (Security Operations) This manual explains the security function. Refer to this manual to see how to use the Enhanced Security function and operation of the copier required to use this function. User's Guide (Document Folder) This manual explains the operation of the document folder. Refer to this manual for instructions on how to use the document folder when the optional Hard Disk (HD103 Type-A) is connected. User's Guide (Internet Fax/Facsimile) This manual explains the operation of Internet Fax/Facsimile. Refer to this manual for instructions on how to use the Internet FAX when the optional Hard Disk (HD-103 Type-A) is connected, or instructions on how to use the Facsimile when the Fax Kit is connected. User Software CD The following two operation manuals are included on the User Software CD. · Web Utilities Manual · Address Book Manual v Configuration of Manuals GAbout this Manual This is the manual for the Network/Scanner functions of this Copier. This manual assumes that the user is familiar with basic computer and copy machine operations. For detailed operations of Windows and Macintosh machines, please refer to the copier User's Guide. Manual Composition This manual is composed of the following five (5) volumes. I Outline This volume summarizes the machine's network/scanning functions and explains control panel operations. II Network Setup - Administrators only This volume explains how to proceed with network settings. III Scanner This volume explains how to use the network/scanner functions. IV Scanner Key Operator - Administrators only This volume explains the key operator settings that apply to this machine's scanner functions. V Appendix The appendices explain the product specifications, and include a list of built-in fonts, factory defaults, etc. GConventions Used in this Manual Notation of each product The following abbreviations are used in this manual: ·Konica Minolta Digital Electronic Photo Copier ·Internal Network Controller ·HD-103 Type A Hard Disk Option ·Microsoft Windows 95 ·Microsoft Windows 98 ·Microsoft Windows Me ·Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 ·Microsoft Windows 2000 ·Microsoft Windows XP ·Above OSs : : : : : : : : : : Copier network controller Optional Hard Disk Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows Me Windows NT 4.0 Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows 95/98/Me Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP Windows 95/98/Me/NT 4.0/2000/XP About this Manual vi Using of this Manual 6-1. Selecting the Destination This is the item title. The printer functions are set by displaying the printer settings screen. Displays restrictions of combined functions. G When the Adobe PostScript driver is selected, the document size cannot be set. 1 2 Touch the (SCAN/SERVER) button on the control panel. This displays buttons on the control panel. This displays the keys on the LCD screen. Touch the [E-Mail] key on the LCD screen. The screen displayed when an operation is executed. This covers important information. G Always set irregular size paper in the copier's bypass tray. 3 Select [File] - [Import] - [Scan]. The names of windows, dialog boxes, and icons displayed on the computer screen are written in brackets [ ]. This covers items requiring attention or warnings and cautions. 4 For [Drives:], select the CD-ROM drive. For folder, double-click the [\English\Printer\Win9x_Me] folder. G If there are any files that cannot be deleted, logon again. Folder structure is written from the upper level to lower level. vii Using of this Manual GFolder Structure on the CD-ROM The folders included on the accompanying CD-ROM are structured as shown below. This illustration will be helpful for locating specific folders or files. · In this manual, folder names and file names are not preceded by the root directory. · You may use the files in the English folder. User Software CD Windows English Acroread Scanner UserGuide addbook_e_km_vxxx.pdf webutila_e_km_vxxx.pdf Japanese (Address Book Manual) (Web Utilities Manual) (Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0) (TWAIN Scanner Driver) Macintosh English Acroread UserGuide addbook_e_km_vxxx.pdf webutila_e_km_vxxx.pdf Japanese (Address Book Manual) (Web Utilities Manual) (Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0) Folder structure on the CD-ROM viii I Outline This section summarizes the machine's network scanning functions and explains control panel operations. Chapter 1 Summary of Network Functions .. 3 Chapter 2 Before Use ..................................... 9 Chapter 3 Inputting Text .............................. 15 1 MEMO 2 I Outline Chapter 1 Summary of Network Functions This chapter summarizes the copier network functions. 1-1. Network/Scanner Function Outline .................................................. ...4 1-2. Scanner Functions .................................................. ..............................5 1-3. Scan Data Output .................................................. ................................6 3 1-1. Network/Scanner Function Outline Connection with the Network Please connect the UTP cable (Category 5 recommended) connected to the network to the Ethernet connector (RJ-45) of the machine. The settings required for connecting to the network depend on the environment of the network the machine is connected to, the OS of the computers making up the network, etc. Make the settings required to match the environment into which this system is being introduced. Network Setting Method There are two methods for specifying the machine's network settings. Setting from the copier control panel Load the setting screen from the copier's control panel and set the network functions. For the method setting the network functions from the copier's control panel, refer to [Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel] ( Page 21). Setting using the Web Utilities This sets the network controller from a computer connected to the network using the Web Utilities. For details on the Web Utilities, refer to [Chapter 5 Web Utility] ( Page 89). I Outline Chapter 1 Summary of Network Functions 4 1-2. Scanner Functions Data (scanned data) scanned from the RADF or from the glass bed of the copier from which the original is scanned can be sent as an E-Mail attached file over the Internet (Scan to E-Mail). The data can be uploaded to the file server (Scan to FTP) or can be sent directly to a shared folder of PC as a file (Scan to PC (SMB)). The machine will store the complete file and send out the data in packets. For details on how to save to the copier's hard disk (Scan to Box), refer to the User's Guide (Document Folder). Scanning documents Copier Memory Network Sending with E-mail Send to a shared folder Uploard to file server SMTP server PC FTP server Before scanning documents, a destination for sending the scanned data needs to be selected from either of the sending options: (1) [E-Mail], (2) [FTP], or (3) [PC(SMB)]. Also, [Quality], [Magnification Ratio], [Resolution], [Continuous pages], [Erase outside of document] and other functions can be specified at the same time. G Do not send confidential documents from the copier in instances where there is apprehension that the scanned data could be stolen or illegally accessed. G Depending the condition of the network/server, after the scanned data is sent from the copier, the scanned data may incur damaged. Always make sure to check that the scanned data has not been damaged. G When using the scanner functions, connect with the computer via Ethernet. The scanner functions cannot be used from the parallel port. G The copier must have the appropriate IP Address assigned and the TCP/IP network is enabled. For mode details on the network settings, ask the network administrator. 5 I Outline Chapter 1 Summary of Network Functions 1-3. Scan Data Output Scanned data can be selected and sent from three destinations, [Scan to E-Mail], [Scan to FTP] and [Scan to PC(SMB)]. This section explains these three types of destinations. Scan to E-Mail Scanned data can be sent to a specified E-Mail address. Input the address and file name on the copier's LCD screen and send as an E-Mail attached file. For more information, refer to [6-1. Selecting the Destination] ( Page 126). Document Copier main unit E-mail and Scanned data Memory Transfer to destination server E-mail destination POP server SMTP server Internet I Outline Chapter 1 Summary of Network Functions 6 1-3. Scan Data Output Scan to FTP Scanned data can be uploaded to the specified FTP server. Input the FTP server address, login password, etc. on the copier's LCD screen. For more information, refer to [6-1. Selecting the Destination] ( Page 126). Document Copier main unit Scanned data Memory Download FTP server Internet 7 I Outline Chapter 1 Summary of Network Functions 1-3. Scan Data Output Send to a Shared Folder (Scan to PC (SMB)) Scanned data can be sent to a specified folder in a PC. Input the name and login password of the target PC from the copier's LCD screen. For more information, refer to [6-1. Selecting the Destination] ( Page 126). Document Copier main unit Scanned data Memory Send to a shared folder I Outline Chapter 1 Summary of Network Functions 8 I Outline Chapter 2 Before Use This chapter explains the names of the buttons on the copier's control panel and their functions, the contents of the LCD screen display, and the operations. 2-1. Control Panel Descriptions .................................................. ..............10 2-2. LCD Screen .................................................. ........................................11 9 2-1. Control Panel Descriptions The buttons on the control panel and the keys displayed on the LCD screen are used to make scanned settings. This section explains the names and functions of the buttons used for setting operations. For information on buttons not explained here, refer to the copier User's Guide. [CHECK] button LCD screen [AUTO RESET] button [CLEAR] button [STOP] button LCD screen The LCD screen displays the print controller status, menus used for settings, selection items, and other such information. To make settings, touch the keys displayed on the screen. (SCAN/SERVER) button This switches between scanner/printer mode. (START) button This resumes the paused print processing or starts scanning. (STOP) button This stops scan processing. (CLEAR) button Clear the numeric characters which are entered on the control panel. (CHECK) button This displays the settings check screen. (AUTO RESET) button This resets settings to their defaults. Data LED This flashes green when the copier is receiving data and stays lit when data is accmulated in the copier. Scanner/Printer LED This lights up green for scanner/printer mode. The LED lights up red when a warning or error message is displayed. In this case, check the error information on the LCD screen and solve the error. For troubleshooting information, refer to the copier User's Guide. I Outline Chapter 2 Before Use 10 2-2. LCD Screen LCD Screen Operation Methods Select items by touching the appropriate key displayed on the LCD screen. Buttons common to all setting screens When you touch [OK], the results of the operation are applied. When you touch [CANCEL], the results of the operation are cancelled. When you touch [ ]or [ ], the screen display is switched. Basic screen With the copier started, if you touch the (SCAN/SERVER) button on the control panel, the [Scanner mode basic] screen is displayed on the LCD screen. 11 I Outline Chapter 2 Before Use 2-2. LCD Screen Job List Screen When you touch the [JOB LIST] key on the [Scanner mode basic] screen, the [JOB LIST] screen is displayed on the LCD screen and the status of the current print job or fax job can be checked. Touch the [PRINT JOB] or [FAX JOB] key to switch to the print job or fax job status display. If there are no scheduled jobs, the column is blank. When the copier power is turned off, these contents are erased. Job List Contents JOB No. The job number (001 to 999) is displayed. MODE This displays the job processing mode (copier/printer/scanner). STATUS This displays the status of each job. Error : An error occurred. Outputting : The data is being copied/printed/scanned. No paper : There is no paper in the tray (copy/print mode). Stopped : Stopped, interrupted, waiting jam processing (each mode). Scanning : The document is being scanned. Waiting output : The job has been scheduled and is waiting for copy/print/scan output. Converting : The data is being converted. Processing : An E-mail message for "Scan to E-Mail" is being created. NAME Displays the JOB Name. TOTAL PAGE(s) This displays the number of output pages (1 to 999) set for the job. PAGE(s) LEFT This displays the number of pages left to be output (1 to 9999). Number of pages left to be output = Number of pages (per copy) x Number of copies set If the number of pages left to be output is greater than 9999, [*9999] is displayed. I Outline Chapter 2 Before Use 12 2-2. LCD Screen MINUTE(s) TO GO This displays the time remaining until job completion in minutes (1 to 999). The displayed time is an approximation.The actual time may be somewhat longer or shorter than the time displayed. If the time remaining is greater than 999 minutes, [*999] is displayed. If the time remaining is less than 1 minute, [<1] is displayed. Changing Job Order 1 2 Touch the [ ], [ ] key to select the job to be processed first. Touch the [ADVANCE] key. The selected job is displayed inverted and is moved to next after the job currently being output. Job Deletion 1 2 Touch the [ ], [ ] key to select the job to delete. Touch the [DELETE] key. The selected job is deleted from the copier's memory. Unsuccessful Job List Touch the [Unsuccessful jobs] key to display a list of jobs that have yet to be completed. If there are any incomplete scanning jobs or printing jobs they will be displayed here. This data will be erased once the main power is turned off to the machine. Unsuccessful Job List Data MODE E-mail, FTP, Box, PC(SMB) File Name Factor Cancelled, Auto Delete, etc. When [Error N**] is displayed in this menu, please refer to Troubleshooting, Chapter 7. 13 I Outline Chapter 2 Before Use MEMO 14 I Outline Chapter 3 Inputting Text This chapter explains how to input text for names and descriptions. 3-1. Inputting Text .................................................. ....................................16 15 3-1. Inputting Text This section explains the operation method for inputting text, used for operations such as registering name and entering E-mail addresses. Data Input Screen Normal Input Screen There are three kinds of Normal Input screen as below. Touch the [ ] or [ ] key to switch to the input character type screen. Touch the [Normal] key on the keyboard input screen to switch to QWERTY input mode. Uppercase letter input screen Lowercase letter input screen Number and symbol input screen When you touch the [DEL.] key on the LCD screen, the input characters are deleted one at a time. I Outline Chapter 3 Inputting Text 16 3-1. Inputting Text Keyboard Input Screen There are two kinds of Keyboard screen as below. Touch the [Keyboard] key on the normal input screen to switch to QWERTY input mode. Lowercase letter input screen Uppercase letter input screen Touch the [Shift] key also to switch to the input character type screen. Touch the [Normal] key while in QWERTY input mode to revert to the previous input mode. 17 I Outline Chapter 3 Inputting Text 3-1. Inputting Text Inputting Text 1 2 3 4 Select a type of the [Data Input] screen. Touch the letter keys on the LCD screen to input the letters. Repeat the step 1 and 2. Touch the [OK] on the LCD screen. When you touch the [DEL.] key on the LCD screen, the input characters are deleted one at a time. I Outline Chapter 3 Inputting Text 18 II Network Setup Administrators only This section explains how to proceed with network settings. Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel .. 21 Chapter 5 Web Utility.................................... 89 19 MEMO 20 II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel This chapter explains the method for making the network settings from the Copier's control panel. 4-1. Network Setup List.............................................. ................................22 4-2. Method for Setting Network from Control Panel ..............................23 4-3. TCP/IP Setup............................................. ...........................................27 4-4. NetWare Setup............................................. ........................................33 4-5. AppleTalk Setup .................................................. ................................41 4-6. IPP Setup .................................................. ...........................................44 4-7. FTP Setup .................................................. ..........................................54 4-8. E-Mail (SMTP) Setup .................................................. .........................57 4-9. E-Mail (POP) Setup............................................. .................................63 4-10. E-Mail Extended Config .................................................. ..................69 4-11. Device Setup............................................. .........................................72 4-12. List Print............................................. ................................................75 4-13. PC(SMB) Setup .................................................. ................................76 4-14. LDAP Setup .................................................. .....................................77 21 4-1. Network Setup List This explains the settings required when connecting the copier to the network. Set each setting item to match the environment of the network to which the copier is connected. When changing the setting for each item, ask the network administrator. TCP/IP Setup ( Page 27 This sets the items required for communicating with TCP/IP. NetWare Setup ( Page 33) This sets the items required for communicating with NetWare. AppleTalk Setup ( Page 41) This sets the items required for communicating with AppleTalk. IPP Setup ( Page 44) This sets the items required for IPP Printing. FTP Setup ( Page 54) This sets the items for sending scanned images from the Copier to the FTP server. E-Mail (SMTP) Setup ( Page 57) This sets the items required for sending scanned images from the Copier as E-mail attachments. E-Mail (POP) Setup ( Page 63) This sets the items required to use the POP server. E-Mail Extended Config ( Page 69) This is used to set the Reception/Disposition notifications for E-mail when the Internet fax is used. Device Setup ( Page 72) This sets the interface items. List Print ( Page 75) This prints out the setup list. PC(SMB) Setup ( Page 76) Sets the items required for sending scanned data to a shared folder of PC. LDAP Setup ( Page 77) Sets the items required for accessing the LDAP server to acquire a mail address for [Scan to E-Mail]. II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 22 4-2. Method for Setting Network from Control Panel This explains how to set the network connection using the control panel and LCD screen. G After the network settings have been changed, a message "To valid the data, please turn OFF main SW and ON" may appear on the touch panel. If this message is displayed, be sure to switch the main power for the copier OFF and wait at least 10 seconds, then turn it back ON. 1 Press the (COPY) button on the control panel. The [Copy basic mode] screen is displayed on the LCD screen. 2 Press the (HELP) button on the control panel, then press the [Key Ope mode] key. The [HELP MODE] screen is displayed on the LCD screen. 23 II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 4-2. Method for Setting Network from Control Panel 3 If a password is set, the key operator's password input screen is displayed. Touch the [Password] key and input the password in the [Data Input] screen. Then, touch the [OK] key or input the password (up to 8 digits) using the ten-keys. 4 Touch the [OK] key on the [Password Input] screen. The Key operator password is set by your service representative. If the key operator password has been set, the key operator should keep the password safe on his/her own responsibility. For the Key operator password, please ask your service representative. If the [Enhanced Security] is used, the password should be 8 digits. 5 Touch the [OK] key. The [Key operator mode] screen is displayed on the LCD screen. This screen may not be displayed, depending on which options are set for [4.FAX], [5.Printer] and [6.Document Folder]. II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 24 4-2. Method for Setting Network from Control Panel 6 Touch the [2.Network] key. The following settings are made on the [Network setting] screen. TCP/IP Setup NetWare Setup AppleTalk Setup IPP Setup FTP Setup E-Mail (SMTP) Setup E-Mail (POP) Setup E-Mail Extended Config Device Setup List Print PC (SMB) Setup LDAP Setup Page 27 Page 33 Page 41 Page 44 Page 54 Page 57 Page 63 Page 69 Page 72 Page 75 Page 76 Page 77 [8. E-Mail Extended Config] is enabled only when the optional hard disk is connected. 7 Select the item to set by touching it. 25 II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 4-2. Method for Setting Network from Control Panel 8 Set each item and when setting of all the items is complete, touch the [OK] key. The display returns to the [Network setting] screen. Touching [CANCEL] will return you to the [Network setting] screen without any of the changes taking effect. IP Address Settings There are two methods for setting the IP address etc. for the network controller. Assigning the IP address automatically with the DHCP server When managing IP addresses with a DHCP server on the network, there is no need to set a unique IP address for the network controller. The IP address can be assigned automatically from the DHCP server. Setting a unique IP address for the network controller When setting individual IP addresses for equipment connected to the network, the IP address assigned to the network controller is manually input. In this case, it is also necessary to set the sub-net mask and other information with manual input. For details on management methods for network IP addresses etc., check with your network administrator. For details on making network settings manually, check with the network administrator. When making network settings manually, in addition to the method explained here using the control panel, you can also use a web utility. For details, refer to the Web Utilities User's Guide. II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 26 4-3. TCP/IP Setup The information required for using the print controller in the TCP/IP environment is set. 1 Touch the [1.TCP/IP Setup] key on [Network setting] screen. The [TCP/IP Setup] screen is displayed. For details on the procedure for displaying the [Network setting] screen, refer to [4-2.Method for Setting Network from Control Panel] ( Page 23). Use [TCP/IP] screen to access the following: [TCP/IP] screen 1/3 Enable TCP/IP Page 28 IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Enable DHCP [TCP/IP] screen 2/3 Preferred DNS Server Other DNS Server RAW Port Number [TCP/IP] screen 3/3 DNS Host Name DNS Domain Name Page 28 Page 28 Page 29 Page 29 Page 30 Page 30 Page 31 Page 32 Page 32 2 Use [ ] and [ ] to switch the screen. Touch [OK] key. The display returns to the [Network setting] screen. Touching [CANCEL] will return you to the [Network setting] screen without any of the changes taking effect. 27 II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 4-3. TCP/IP Setup TCP/IP Setup (Part 1 of 3) 1 Access the [TCP/IP Setup] screen (1/3) from the [Network setting] screen. For details on the procedure for displaying the [Network setting] screen, refer to [4-2.Method for Setting Network from Control Panel] ( Page 23). Use [ ] and [ ] to switch the screen. Enable TCP/IP This sets whether to enable TCP/IP. 1 To disable TCP/IP settings, touch the [OFF] key on the LCD Screen. To enable them touch the [ON] key. IP Address The IP Address is registered on the Network Controller. 1 2 Touch the [IP Address] key. Use the keys on the control panel to input the IP Address. Specify four sets of three digit numbers, separated by the periods as the IP Address. When you touch [ ] or [ ] the cursor moves to the left and right. When using a DHCP server for IP Address management, the IP Address acquired with DHCP is displayed. Subnet Mask This inputs the subnet mask for the machine's network. 1 2 Touch the [Subnet Mask] key. Use the keys on the control panel to input the subnet mask. Specify four sets of three digit numbers, separated by the periods as the subnet mask. When you touch [ ] or [ ] the cursor moves to the left and right. When using a DHCP server for subnet mask management, the subnet mask acquired with DHCP is displayed. II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 28 4-3. TCP/IP Setup Default Gateway This inputs the gateway for the machine's network. 1 2 Touch the [Default Gateway] key. Use the keys on the control panel to input the default gateway address. Specify four sets of three digit numbers, separated by the periods as the default gateway address. When you touch [ ] or [ ] the cursor moves to the left and right. When using a DHCP server for default gateway address management, the default gateway address acquired with DHCP is displayed. Enable DHCP This sets whether or not to automatically acquire IP Addresses and other such information from a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server. 1 Touch the [ON] or [OFF] key on the [Enable DHCP Setting]. [ON] :When acquiring information from a DHCP server [OFF] :When not acquiring information from a DHCP Server The factory default setting is [ON]. 29 II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 4-3. TCP/IP Setup TCP/IP Setup (Part 2 of 3) 1 Use [ ] or [ ] to access [TCP/IP Setup] screen (2/3) from screen (1/3). For details on the procedure for displaying the [Network setting] screen, refer to [4-2.Method for Setting Network from Control Panel] ( Page 23). Preferred DNS Server Sets the address for the preferred DNS Server 1 2 Touch the [Preferred DNS server] key. Use the keys on the control panel to input the DNS Address. Specify four sets of three digit numbers, separeted by the periods as the preferred DNS server. When you touch [ ] or [ ] the cursor moves to the left and right. Other DNS Server Sets the address for the other DNS Server 1 Touch the [Other DNS server] key. Specify four sets of three digit numbers, separated by the periods as the alternate DNS server. When you touch [ ] or [ ] the cursor moves to the left and right. Use the keys on the control panel to input the DNS Address. 2 II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 30 4-3. TCP/IP Setup RAW Port Number Allows you to assign a Port Code. G Changing the Port Code in an improper manner can result in damage to the network. Do not change the Port Code unless it is necessary to do so. 1 2 Touch the [RAW Port Number] key. Using the keys on the control panel, input a Port Code number between 1-65535. 31 II Network Setup - Administrators only Chapter 4 Setting from the Control Panel 4-3. TCP/IP Setup TCP/IP Setup (Part 3 of 3) 1 Use the [ ] or [ ] to access [TCP/IP Setup] screen (3/3) from the screen (2/3). For details on the procedure for displaying the [Network setting] screen, refer to [4-2.Method for Setting Network from Control Panel] ( Page 23). DNS Host Name

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
Unread
  (#13)
USSA

May 28, 2009, 11:20 AM

lol over post

can we get screen shots of the web admin menu?