DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
6 members and 534 guests
2blueyam, beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids, RRonin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone ride 4 wheelers?
Unread
  (#1)
Forklift+snowbank=stuck

Anyone ride 4 wheelers? - July 10, 2006, 07:51 PM

I was just curious if anyone on the board, rides or knows of anyone who rides ATVs. The reason i ask is im toying with the idea of buying a wheeler. Ive got lots of places to ride up in new york and could just stash it at my familys place. But the wheeler im lookin at is kinda pricey and im a little un sure if i want to spend that kind of money on something i wont get regular use of in the next year or so. If there were some people in the area that i could hook up with and hit the trails once in a while that might push my decision in a favorable direction. Anyone? maybe someone could point some fingers?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to billetbong  
Unread
  (#2)
Recent Track Addict......

July 10, 2006, 08:28 PM

I have two four wheelers (both Polaris') and ride them every chance I get. One is a 2002 400 Scrambler 4x4 and the other is a 2001 500 Scrambler 4x4. Trail riding, mudding, hill climbing and hunting throughout the year ensure they get plenty of mileage and use. I'm not a big fan of living in the city, so the places I ride are usually an hour or two away from DC. One place I frequent is Taskers Gap ATV area in Edinburg, VA, lots of trails out that direction. They also have the Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV and there are a few places in Maryland.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Forklift+snowbank=stuck

July 10, 2006, 08:37 PM

Sweet, thanks for the input. so i see you have got scramblers. Are the areas you mentioned more suited for 4wds? Im looking at an 05 polaris predator so muddin and real tight tenchical stuff is not gonna be to much fun on a predator.
Unread
  (#4)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
July 10, 2006, 08:50 PM

The Cove in Gore has some killer trails.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#5)
Meet your Maker

July 10, 2006, 09:11 PM

are you asking for a good 4 wheeler to buy or places around here to ride?

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#6)
Forklift+snowbank=stuck

July 11, 2006, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billetbong
Im looking at an 05 polaris predator.

got one in mind. My buddy up north is sellin it, just trying to decide if it would be worth it to have down here..........Even if i only got one weekend a month out of it.
Unread
  (#7)
Recent Track Addict......

July 11, 2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billetbong
Sweet, thanks for the input. so i see you have got scramblers. Are the areas you mentioned more suited for 4wds? Im looking at an 05 polaris predator so muddin and real tight tenchical stuff is not gonna be to much fun on a predator.
The Tasker's Gap area is suited for all kinds of bikes, there is a mix of everything out that way. I hardly ever have to lock her down in 4 wheel drive out there, usually if I do it's so I can play in some mud on the side or climb some steep shit off the trail. I see Predators, Raptors, 400exs and drit bikes out there all the time. If you are looking for long flat open trails though, there aren't many out there. Southern Maryland ATV Park has more open, flatter trails. The Hatfield-McCoy trails are insanely huge, they stretch over almost half of West Virginia. I think there are like 6 or 7 trailheads to get on the trails, what's even more cool is that on most of the trailheads there you can ride your 4 wheeler into town on the streets.

http://www.trailsheaven.com/ <-----Hatfield-McCoy Trails
http://www.atvwannaride.com/ <-----Southern Maryland ATV Park
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/lee/maps/ohv_brochure.shtml <-----Tasker's Gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
The Cove in Gore has some killer trails.
That's the one just outside Winchester right? I was talking to a couple guys about that place last time I was at Tasker's Gap, I haven't made it out there yet. How is the camping out there?