DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 501
3 members and 498 guests
BigDaddyShoo, Heist, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone Work for Mantech? Job in DC
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Anyone Work for Mantech? Job in DC - March 15, 2007, 09:49 AM

I got sent the folling requirements for a Job in DC.

Curious about the company.

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Server Team Lead
Washington DC

Ability to operate effectively in an extremely challenging environment.
Proactive, self starter.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Strong planning & organizational skills
Excellent multi-tasking skills and time management skills
A positive role model
Detail oriented.
Apply industry best practices for Service Delivery processes.

Primary Duties/Responsibilities:
Candidate will be responsible for a wide range of LAN System Administration (LSA) tasks to include team leadership responsibilities, network operation center (NOC) tasks and general help desk support.

Leadership for a team of 4 to 6 junior to senior level IT personnel.
Responsibly to participate in NOC activities from monitoring to formal response and notification.
Creates user accounts and assigns roles and privileges to those users based on established policy.
Troubleshoots user reported problems as well as other issues as reported.
Serving as company or contract expert, responsible for providing telephone support to end-user community on complex hardware, software and network related problems, questions, and use.
Provide training and guidance to more junior help desk personnel.
Provides first level problem resolution on the telephone with users, walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem and classify level, priority and nature of problem. If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user, performs such action or designates an appropriate team member.
Performs other duties, as assigned on a variety of IT-related tasks.

Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
Requires experience in the set-up, configuration, use, and trouble shooting of computers.
Must have a wide range of skills and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at customer sites.
Opens, tracks and closes trouble tickets; ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction.
Tracks activities of junior LSA’s to who tickets were assigned.
Advanced knowledge of Windows XP
Trained and certified in automated help desk management systems a plus.
Advanced knowledge of Server 2003 R2
Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies
Advanced knowledge of DOD communications encryption standards and equipment.
Knowledge of Veritas Backup
Ability to configure and maintain printers.
Advanced knowledge of creating and managing accounts and other general system administration duties.

Bachelors degree from 4 year institution (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 7 to 9 years of related experience.
Experience working in government contracting or intelligence community a plus.

Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

March 15, 2007, 09:52 AM

Mantech is a head hunter firm.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

March 15, 2007, 09:59 AM

Are you sure? The job posting came from a seperate head hunter company.

IF they were, then why would they have offices all over?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
opossum puncher

March 15, 2007, 09:59 AM

My friend worked at Mantech for about a year, he is a mech engr. Left cause his ex military boss was an ass and tried to cover up a big fak up. If they hadnt lied to him about promotion oportunities and his boss wasnt a dick he said he would have stayed.

His dad puts together proposals on large govt contract vehicles for Mantech, and makes bank, lots of bank. But Ive seen him come home at 4AM and then leave again at 7AM, on a Saturday.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

March 15, 2007, 10:00 AM

lied about promotion opportunities? where did the guy work, this job is at the FBI hoover building.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#6)
opossum puncher

March 15, 2007, 10:05 AM

Yea, they promised if he had favorable reviews at the 6mo and 1 yr marks that he would get raises at each. He got great reviews, but was told his raises were not in the budget.

He worked off of 50 in Chantilly.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#7)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

March 15, 2007, 10:06 AM

Spud which ManTech then cause there are alot of comp's named Mantech. There is one that is a head hunter place.

www.RnRcycles.com

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

March 15, 2007, 10:08 AM

dodge:

fetches this

http://www.mantech.com/about/about.asp

Ive seen the buildings in manassas and chantilly.
Heard about them in the news.
eg:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...43/ai_92377576

http://www.allbusiness.com/government/650698-1.html

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

March 15, 2007, 10:10 AM

My bad just went off the name I know it as.

www.RnRcycles.com

Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

March 15, 2007, 10:20 AM

sa'll good. ive heard of them and seen the buildings, but dont know anyone that works for them.

If anyone does, please shoot them the generic question of the good,bad and the ugly.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
whoa preppy......

March 15, 2007, 10:20 AM

Funny, we sub out to 10-12 Mantech people. The Sr Manager here forwarded me that same listing earlier. I'd be all over it...but too far to drive for me.

Mantech has a pretty sizable office here. Seem to be a good company. They bought lots of smaller companies. Greyhawk was the one that was purchased locally.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

March 15, 2007, 10:22 AM

Mantech is not a head hunter compnay. They have several contracts at DHS to include IT support.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

March 15, 2007, 10:24 AM

coicedentially, i was working with someone at Fort Hood texas on a Dell image issue. I noticed that his signature stated he works for ManTech.

thanks scott, guess they are hitting that from all angles.

Not sure if i want to commute to DC. Ive been lucky with my 25 min ride to belvoir since 1997.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#14)
Like a clown car on fire

March 15, 2007, 10:31 AM

Alex, I worked for them for about 3.5 years doing security work for State.

overall, I liked working for them, but I was in the security technology section which was much smaller, and very separate from the rest of Mantech, so I never really had to interact much with corporate. I do know that IT is Mantech's bread and butter, and they are very good at it, very organized.

my main problem is that they have lost a bunch of big contracts lately, including the one I was working on, that's why I jumped over to govt. side. I don't think they are very good at bidding on new contracts and recompetes, from what I saw, they pushed a lot of the bidding work to pretty far down the ladder, people why could not possibly be expected to do a good job at it, and then thye wonder why they lost out.

Overall, they are a fine company to work for, they treat employees well, their pay is usally good (although you gotta fight for good raises), so are the benefits. The only problem I'd have is job security. Do not expect to have a job after the contract expires because they have a good chance of losing it, and they are not good at reassigning people. Mantech is the reason I gave up on contractor work for more stable govt. work.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#15)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

March 15, 2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Mantech is not a head hunter compnay. They have several contracts at DHS to include IT support.
There is a company here called ManTech that is a headhunter place.
http://www.mantec.com.au/ There site name is different than their real name too.

www.RnRcycles.com