DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
6 members and 558 guests
BigDaddyShoo, BlackHatch, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, Sal_the_man, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
anyone work at SAIC McLean?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

anyone work at SAIC McLean? - May 22, 2008, 11:47 AM

I just put my resume in for technical writer. Go to HR and tell them you sent me. I think there's a hiring bonus.

Cheers
Lucy

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!

Last edited by CookieMonster; May 22, 2008 at 01:04 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Ling Long

May 22, 2008, 12:29 PM

As a former SAIC employee I can tell you... well, I hate to bad mouth a company.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

May 22, 2008, 12:33 PM

I work for SAIC at fort belvoir. Do you mean the office that is the same exit for Montclaire? They do work for Quantico. If so, they are the same Business Unit as mine. I met some of those folks. Definately nice..

As apposed to Matt, I like working for SAIC.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

May 22, 2008, 12:34 PM

I just applied at the website. It said Stafford, so I'm not sure. I just tried to find something I have experience with.

Talk nerdy to me

Unread
  (#5)
Ling Long

May 22, 2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
I work for SAIC at fort belvoir. Do you mean the office that is the same exit for Montclaire? They do work for Quantico. If so, they are the same Business Unit as mine. I met some of those folks. Definately nice..

As apposed to Matt, I like working for SAIC.
Did you start before or after the IPO? If you started after, you won't understand the difference in QOL from being a stock holder in a employee owned company vs this corporate pos they're becoming. Everything that made me work for SAIC is dead.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

May 22, 2008, 12:54 PM

Thanks for the bump, Matt. Now help me get another job!!!!!

Talk nerdy to me

Unread
  (#7)
Ling Long

May 22, 2008, 12:58 PM

I still have some friends who work in corporate HR... I'll call and see if they have any contacts over in that region... but my people were in the towers in McLean. Do you have the job listing number for reference?

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

May 22, 2008, 01:03 PM

PUB - Proposal / PublicationsReq ID115945

I suck, it's actually in McLean. So work your magic, Matt! I've applied to so many jobs i can't keep 'em straight!

Talk nerdy to me

Unread
  (#9)
singin sweet home alabama

May 22, 2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
As a former SAIC employee I can tell you... well, I hate to bad mouth a company.
Every company will have someone who has something bad to say about it. I don't have any major issues with my company, but know at least a half-dozen people who were former employees and hated it.

I think its just a matter of job satisfaction (which can vary from job to job even in the same company), the people you work with, fair pay, and whether you find that comfortable groove or not.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

May 22, 2008, 02:31 PM

Indeed, that's true. I'm just trying to find a better job right now.

Talk nerdy to me

Unread
  (#11)
Ling Long

May 22, 2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
Every company will have someone who has something bad to say about it. I don't have any major issues with my company, but know at least a half-dozen people who were former employees and hated it.

I think its just a matter of job satisfaction (which can vary from job to job even in the same company), the people you work with, fair pay, and whether you find that comfortable groove or not.
The company used to be great, in my opinion, but went steadily downhill as it took on a faceless visage after the IPO.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

May 22, 2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster
Indeed, that's true. I'm just trying to find a better job right now.
I'm sending some good vibes your way to help you find a great job, Lucy!!

Celebrate freedom, honesty and excellence!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

May 22, 2008, 04:16 PM

I sure could use 'em, thanks Kenneth!

So, you need an editor or writer at your job?

Talk nerdy to me

Last edited by CookieMonster; May 22, 2008 at 04:22 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
that guy...yeah him

May 23, 2008, 12:12 PM

Currently an SAIC employee as an Editor/Data Management for Contract Deliverables in my Health Solutions Business Unit.

I think when i started applying i can't remember how many different positions i applied for. So when i got a reply back via email i had to research what position and which location i was applying for. This was before the IPO ofcourse. What was funny was hearing a bunch of employees pulling second mortgages out to buy more stock and when SAIC went public it didn't exactly have the affect that they were were counting on.

All in all the company has been good to me and my BU has nice people to work with. So far so good on my end. BTW i am in the Skyline towers is anyone was curious.
  Send a message via AIM to