DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 535
6 members and 529 guests
2blueyam, beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids, RRonin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Arizona told to stand down with Immigration Law
Unread
  (#1)
unapologetic

Arizona told to stand down with Immigration Law - July 28, 2010, 05:43 PM

We should get at least 10 pages out of this one.

Since I'm going to end up moving there one day, I have to say it worries me a little. Sure, the immigration thing-but only a little. What worries me is that the "Government" now thinks it has the right to tell states how to run things.

Funny thing is, that's how a bunch of people got stirred up back around the late 1850's right up until around 1861. Anybody remember how that went? Which state will be next and with what issue?

Thoughts?

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid

Last edited by Hollywood; July 28, 2010 at 05:45 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Has an idiot exemption

July 28, 2010, 07:23 PM

I think it's hot in AZ.

Very hot. Like Africa hot.

Steve

2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#3)
The last urrbendah

July 28, 2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZX9 View Post
I think it's hot in AZ.

Very hot. Like Africa hot.
But its a dry heat..

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#4)
Ton Up!

July 28, 2010, 07:36 PM

The Federal Government are pussies.

Arizona is hot, like Mexico hot.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#5)
Super Moderator

July 28, 2010, 07:44 PM

Ugh!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#6)
Being nice :)

July 28, 2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

Funny thing is, that's how a bunch of people got stirred up back around the late 1850's right up until around 1861. Anybody remember how that went? Which state will be next and with what issue?

Thoughts?
Irish immigration and that little potato potatoe thing ?

Quote:
Though life in Ireland was cruel, emigrating to America was not a joyful event...it was referred to as the American Wake for these people knew they would never see Ireland again. Those who pursued this path did so only because they new their future in Ireland would only be more poverty, disease, and English oppression. America became their dream. Early immigrant letters described it as a land of abundance and urged others to follow them through the "Golden Door." These letters were read at social events encouraging the young to join them in this wonderful new country. They left in droves on ships that were so crowded, with conditions so terrible, that they were referred to as Coffin Ships.

Even as the boat was docking, these immigrants to America learned that life in America was going to be a battle for survival. Hundreds of runners, usually large greedy men, swarmed aboard the ship grabbing immigrants and their bags trying to force them to their favorite tenement house and then exact an outrageous fee for their services. As the poor immigrant had no means of moving on, they settled in the port of arrival. Almshouses were filled with these Irish immigrants. They begged on every street. One honest immigrant wrote home at the height of the potato famine exodus, "My master is a great tyrant, he treats me as badly as if I was a common Irishman." The writer further added, "Our position in America is one of shame and poverty." No group was considered lower than an Irishman in America during the 1850s.
Irish Immigrants in America during the 19th Century

Italian immigration?
Italian Immigration to America - 1850s

Harriet Beecher Stowe publishes Uncle Tom's Cabin, which rapidly becomes a bestseller for a reason ?...

Oh...mehbee the Civil War?...but that lasted til 1865
Where another unconstitutional "law" was abolished...

Quote:
Dec 18 1865 ....The Thirteenth Amendment, abolishing slavery, becomes a part of the U.S. Constitution
This Day in the Civil War

E pluribus Unum ?

Quote:
"E Pluribus Unum" was the motto proposed for the first Great Seal of the United States by John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson in 1776. A latin phrase meaning "One from many," the phrase offered a strong statement of the American determination to form a single nation from a collection of states. Over the years, "E Pluribus Unum" has also served as a reminder of America's bold attempt to make one unified nation of people from many different backgrounds and beliefs. The challenge of seeking unity while respecting diversity has played a critical role in shaping our history, our literature, and our national character.
The E Pluribus Unum Project

You're Welcome...

Last edited by ziggy; July 28, 2010 at 08:15 PM..
Unread
  (#7)
GDMFSOB

July 28, 2010, 08:17 PM

Read the 10th Amendment.
A coworker was down there on business and said there were 15- 20 "protesters" and 50 news reporters. What kills me is this:
"Justice Department spokeswoman Hannah August said the court "ruled correctly" with its decision Wednesday.
"While we understand the frustration of Arizonans with the broken immigration system, a patchwork of state and local policies would seriously disrupt federal immigration enforcement and would ultimately be counterproductive," August said."
Uh....Whaaaat? Disrupt the non-existent federal "enforcement"? The whole reason AZ did this is because the feds can't or won't do it.
I hope they give the feds the big

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
Unread
  (#8)
SIN MC Event Coord

July 28, 2010, 08:31 PM

Again a sign of a bunch of people trying to tell someone else what to do from their cozy chairs.

If their farms, land, businesses, etc were next to the border, I'm sure they would be outraged by what is happening...

http://www.lowbraudc.com/ - Nano brewing in DC
http://www.theyumreport.net/ - I like to eat. Gets even better when you get to ride along with it...

Buck{Shot} - Event Coordinater - sinmc.net
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to buckshot  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

July 28, 2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
What worries me is that the "Government" now thinks it has the right to tell states how to run things.

Thoughts?
I think you're quite confused, or you're just spinning things the way you want to interpret them. As states chose to join the Union, they chose to give up certain rights. States can make some laws, and fed can make other laws and do other things. It has always been that way and always will be and there will be some conflicts from time to time.
Unread
  (#10)
TPG og

July 28, 2010, 10:43 PM

+1 Witold. Federalism means the feds at the head of the table. If AZ doesn't like it, them and Texas and Vermont can secede.

On this though.......if people are here illegally, no problem deporting them. They should come through legally like my grandparents did. But... then again illegals are vital to our economy and spanish chicks are hot. So I'm undecided. And profiling people of a certain skin tone ain't right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#11)
Ton Up!

July 28, 2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00st View Post
+1 Witold. Federalism means the feds at the head of the table. If AZ doesn't like it, them and Texas and Vermont can secede.

On this though.......if people are here illegally, no problem deporting them. They should come through legally like my grandparents did. But... then again illegals are vital to our economy and spanish chicks are hot. So I'm undecided. And profiling people of a certain skin tone ain't right.
I profile really pale and really dark people all the time.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#12)
TPG og

July 28, 2010, 11:15 PM

True true. When I see pasty-white WASPs moving in, I move out. I ain't living in some yuppiefied Acura-BMW-latte ghetto!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

July 29, 2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Uh....Whaaaat? Disrupt the non-existent federal "enforcement"? The whole reason AZ did this is because the feds can't or won't do it.
I hope they give the feds the big
ICE used to do a pretty good job of deporting the illegals. By good I mean the would gather them up, release them until their immigration hearing, then when they did not show up for it, they were put on a list to be deported. So then the next time they got arrested and run through an illegal alien query, they would get deported to go visit family in their country before returning.

Apparently the powers that be decided that was inappropriate. So now they are only doing that for folks who have been convicted of a serious felony. Wonder what the chances are of them actually showing up for trial after they get bailed out? If they never got to trial, they never get convicted, so never get deported.

Last edited by GoGoGadget; July 29, 2010 at 06:24 AM..
Unread
  (#14)
The last urrbendah

July 29, 2010, 06:38 AM

I'm jumping the border into Mexico...Just to be different.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

July 29, 2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm jumping the border into Mexico...Just to be different.
Hahahaha I always wonder what would happen... Ooo just giving you heads up it's not the easy I would know I cross that river when I was 9 years old

08- 99 cbr f4---sold
08-05 r6 --- sold
08-03 streetfighter cbr rr crash need parts
super pucket bike x19
11- 06 zx6r 636